List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that the major talking point about Hirst' situation wasn't actually talked about in the article.

There's a shitload of clubs up in arms about losing their best players midway through the year, which severely impacts their ability to contend in the local leagues.

ie; this statement from West Adelaide CEO with regard to losing Noble and Snelling....

and this from the SANFL

Imagine the melts and salt if it was abolished now that we have Pickett
Won’t be abolished , Pickett and to a lesser extent Noble are poster boys for its success. Maybe some regulation around it , limited to a player ea club perhaps

Listening to Sumich on the radio , if a recruiter didn’t catch up with him for a beer with a fistful of tenners just sliding them over the table to continue talking then he should be sacked. That guy is a dead set supergrass when it cames to WA u16/18 talents. He’s probably forgotten more than most others would ever know about these lads. Talk to him ,,,NOW

Listening to Sumich on the radio , if a recruiter didn’t catch up with him for a beer with a fistful of tenners just sliding them over the table to continue talking then he should be sacked. That guy is a dead set supergrass when it cames to WA u16/18 talents. He’s probably forgotten more than most others would ever know about these lads. Talk to him ,,,NOW
I like the way you think! 👍 ;)👍

How about a mature player out of a state league.

Gotta admit havent seen this bloke play this yr but he ticks a lot of boxes.

Luke Partington got delisted by the eagles in 2018. He went to the Sanfl worked on his game and won a margary medal.Statistically very good for the yr and with definate improved pace and run. Good sized mid as well.
As stated he ticks a lot of boxes especially winning best and fairests and beating afl listed players.It sort of reminds me of the Menegola situation if he does get picked up.

Luke Partington got delisted by the eagles in 2018. He went to the Sanfl worked on his game and won a margary medal.Statistically very good for the yr and with definate improved pace and run. Good sized mid as well.
As stated he ticks a lot of boxes especially winning best and fairests and beating afl listed players.It sort of reminds me of the Menegola situation if he does get picked up.
If we have to incorporate Stack and Pickett into the starting line up where would he play?

would Lachie Henderson be an option as a low $$$ back up option in case we get more injuries again?

Henderson might be a decent pick up in the Weller role.

I thought Weller had some patches where he was very important in helping the 2s win the flag.

Henderson was part of the side that was 20 points up at 1/2 time in the preliminary final. Jokes aside, Garthwaite and Miller have been receiving some negative comments sometimes and hendo might be a decent back up for 12 months

Richmond have had a very good recent record with late picks but chances are the latter rookie picks will be a flop. Henderson, Wells, Deledio, Bennel type in theory wouldnt hurt - low risk high reward

No too slow and another player thats mentally scarred by Richmond

If he were playing for the Tigers his Tiger-fears would not matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep was a prime mover for Glenelg in their premiership year , might be worth a look for sure

If we have to incorporate Stack and Pickett into the starting line up where would he play?
He would create even more competition for a spot thru the middle. Imo there is room on the list for another two or three mids.

My preference is for a couple of big ball winning machines and Partington does not fit that. Hes a bit on the shorter side is solid but is well rounded inside and out.

He spent three yrs at the eagles and just didnt impact enough. But hes done what he has to do and gone home and dominated in the sanfl. Maybe just maybe hes one who was going to take a little longer than others to get it all together.

As i said i havent seen him this yr but he ticks a lot of boxes when looking at a mature recruit. I think he would still only be around 22 23 and if we are going to use a late pick on a kid maybe he would be an option instead.

LUKE PARTINGTON (from Foorywire)

Monday, 9 September 2019

Former West Coast midfielder Luke Partington's hopes of an AFL lifelinehave received a boost after winning the Magarey Medal as the best player in the SANFL for 2019.
"It's definitely a goal and I'd love to experience AFL life again, but for me, it's just setting myself up regardless if that happens or not and make sure I'm putting things in place that I keep enjoying playing footy, and working on a career outside of footy as well," Partington said.
"If I could choose getting drafted at 18 or 21, I'd take 21 every day. You probably don't appreciate it as much when you're a little bit younger.
"I still loved my time there, and if there's another opportunity that comes, I'd eat it up, hopefully."
Lee Gaskin for AFL.com.au

Friday, 5 February 2016
West Coast drafteeLuke Partington signs a one-year contract extension that will see him remain at the club until at least the end of 2018.
"Luke has settled in quite nicely after relocating and has a great appetite to work hard and learn," Eagles football manager Craig Vozzo said.
"Already he has earned the respect of the player group and coaching staff, we are confident he can be a successful long-term player at our club and we look forward to watching Luke's growth through this season and beyond."
Alex Malcolm for AFL.com.au

Wednesday, 25 November 2015
West Coast selectLuke Partington with pick No.28 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft.
"He's played a bit of League (SANFL) footy this year, AFL Academy member, really high quality character and he can play as a mid," Eagles recruiting manager Rohan O'Brien said.
"He's played a bit as a small back and we think he offers a bit forward too. He's got speed, kicks the ball well."
Harry Thring for AFL.com.au

Total Statistics SANFL 2019
  • Kicks. 16.8.
  • Handballs. 12.3.
  • Marks. 4.4.
  • Tackles. 5.5.
  • Clearances. 4.9.
  • Inside 50s. 5.7.
  • Rebound 50s. 1.6.
  • Dreamteam Points. 113.

Was a reasonably early pick back in 2015, recall him being talked about. Not sure he has enough upside though, but has done all he can put his name in the frame again, so kudos to the boy. Would fit into GCS well enough at the minute.

LUKE PARTINGTON (from Foorywire)

Monday, 9 September 2019

Former West Coast midfielder Luke Partington's hopes of an AFL lifelinehave received a boost after winning the Magarey Medal as the best player in the SANFL for 2019.
"It's definitely a goal and I'd love to experience AFL life again, but for me, it's just setting myself up regardless if that happens or not and make sure I'm putting things in place that I keep enjoying playing footy, and working on a career outside of footy as well," Partington said.
"If I could choose getting drafted at 18 or 21, I'd take 21 every day. You probably don't appreciate it as much when you're a little bit younger.
"I still loved my time there, and if there's another opportunity that comes, I'd eat it up, hopefully."

Friday, 5 February 2016
West Coast drafteeLuke Partington signs a one-year contract extension that will see him remain at the club until at least the end of 2018.
"Luke has settled in quite nicely after relocating and has a great appetite to work hard and learn," Eagles football manager Craig Vozzo said.
"Already he has earned the respect of the player group and coaching staff, we are confident he can be a successful long-term player at our club and we look forward to watching Luke's growth through this season and beyond."
Alex Malcolm for AFL.com.au

West Coast selectLuke Partington with pick No.28 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft.
"He's played a bit of League (SANFL) footy this year, AFL Academy member, really high quality character and he can play as a mid," Eagles recruiting manager Rohan O'Brien said.
"He's played a bit as a small back and we think he offers a bit forward too. He's got speed, kicks the ball well."

Total Statistics SANFL 2019
  • Kicks. 16.8.
  • Handballs. 12.3.
  • Marks. 4.4.
  • Tackles. 5.5.
  • Clearances. 4.9.
  • Inside 50s. 5.7.
  • Rebound 50s. 1.6.
  • Dreamteam Points. 113.

Was a reasonably early pick back in 2015, recall him being talked about. Not sure he has enough upside though, but has done all he can put his name in the frame again, so kudos to the boy. Would fit into GCS well enough at the minute.
Like i said i think he ticks a lot of the boxes and has done all he can to get another go at it.They are pretty good numbers.

Hmm upside is an interesting thing. I reckon he does most things well but id have to ask what is it that he does extremely well to seperate him from all the other mids looking at a chance. Still think id rather give a mature player like him who has performed against men a lifeline than take a punt on a skinny 18yo kid with lots of deficiencies at a pick in the 70"s who may never play a game.
Pickett and Lambert are two who were winning b/f's and had the athletic tools for the top level.We shouldnt stop looking for late mature gems. if they come off we look geniuses and if they fail we havent given up a whole lot in looking at them.

Matthew allen recently deleted by eagles
Could be rookie pick calculations
source.gif

Matthew allen recently deleted by eagles
Could be rookie pick calculations

Matthew Allen Biography

Monday, 28 October 2019
Matthew Allen is keen for a second chance after failing to play a senior game in four years on the Eagles' list and being delisted by the club at the end of the 2019 season.
"I'm obviously really hopeful to remain in the AFL system, that's my dream and I certainly won't be giving that up. I'm weighing up my options at the moment and trying to figure out what's best to give it another shake," Allen said.
"I would've loved to have cracked into the side and played a game, but I've been able to grow in a few different areas. It's been a good four years, I've taken plenty out of it and hopefully it can help me in what's next."
Wednesday, 23 October 2019
West Coast delist Kurt Mutimer, Keegan Brooksby and Matthew Allen.
"The dedication and commitment that Kurt, Matthew and Keegan have displayed throughout their time at West Coast has been admirable and appreciated," Eagles footy boss Craig Vozzo said.
"The club thanks all three players for their contribution and wishes them all the very best in their future endeavours."
Riley Beveridge for AFL.com.au
Sunday, 17 February 2019
If it wasn't for a 'Sliding Doors' moment as a 16-year-old, untried West Coast tall Matthew Allen might just have finished plying his trade for the Adelaide Strikers in the Big Bash League in 2019.
Allen's path diverted towards football shortly after being signed as a Strikers rookie for season three of the BBL.
"That was a great experience hanging around the Strikers guys for six weeks and a couple of weeks before the tournament. As a 16-year-old, it was exciting," Allen said.
"I played in a couple of internals (trials) and was next in actually in a 20/20 to face Shaun Tait at 16. I'm pretty glad I didn't have to go in.
"I really enjoyed cricket, but when I had stress fractures in my back I leaned towards footy."
Travis King for AFL.com.au
Monday, 29 October 2018
Matthew Allen signs a new deal with West Coast to remain at the club in 2019.
"Matty's missed his entire first pre-season and a large majority of his first season with us so he was able to string a full pre-season together last year and we saw some reward and improvement, particularly in the back half of last year when he was playing a mid/forward role," Eagles football manager Craig Vozzo said.
"We're really excited that at 193cm and with his work rate and running capacity with where Matthew can take his game next year … we think he can play a number of roles for us."
Monday, 22 October 2018
Matthew Allen signs a new one-year deal with West Coast to remain at the club in 2019.
Allen will be one of only two 2015 NAB AFL Draft survivors who hasn't pulled on their team's jumper at the elite level in 2019.
West Coast select Matthew Allen with pick No.62 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft.
"He's a 193cm forward that gets around the ground really well for his size. A lead-up type player, left-foot kick – quite a strong boy. He'll probably take a little time but we're really pleased to bring him in," Eagles recruiting manager Rohan O'Brien said.

I'd agree with you Guruisatiger. From Glenelg originally via Nth Gambier, he has speed, sharp left foot and good size. Never quite cracked it for a game in a strong West Coast midfield, was an emergency for much of the season too. Definately look at a rookie spot because he can go inside.

Like i said i think he ticks a lot of the boxes and has done all he can to get another go at it.They are pretty good numbers.

Hmm upside is an interesting thing. I reckon he does most things well but id have to ask what is it that he does extremely well to seperate him from all the other mids looking at a chance. Still think id rather give a mature player like him who has performed against men a lifeline than take a punt on a skinny 18yo kid with lots of deficiencies at a pick in the 70"s who may never play a game.
Pickett and Lambert are two who were winning b/f's and had the athletic tools for the top level.We shouldnt stop looking for late mature gems. if they come off we look geniuses and if they fail we havent given up a whole lot in looking at them.

You might be right, but I don''t see enough. He's not particularly big, correct me if I'm wrong but not overly quick either. Your analogy comparing him to skinny 18 year old at say pick 70 is fair enough, but if that skinny 18 year old was say a Shane Edwards type, it makes it a hard comparison to make.

I see nothing wrong with a late pick on a Partington, but I think he is more likely to be a Rookie to us, whereas some other Clubs might be inclined to throw a pick this year at him maybe. Just don't think he's the type for us to throw a ND pick at is all.

Matthew Allen Biography

Monday, 28 October 2019
Matthew Allen is keen for a second chance after failing to play a senior game in four years on the Eagles' list and being delisted by the club at the end of the 2019 season.
"I'm obviously really hopeful to remain in the AFL system, that's my dream and I certainly won't be giving that up. I'm weighing up my options at the moment and trying to figure out what's best to give it another shake," Allen said.
"I would've loved to have cracked into the side and played a game, but I've been able to grow in a few different areas. It's been a good four years, I've taken plenty out of it and hopefully it can help me in what's next."
Wednesday, 23 October 2019
West Coast delist Kurt Mutimer, Keegan Brooksby and Matthew Allen.
"The dedication and commitment that Kurt, Matthew and Keegan have displayed throughout their time at West Coast has been admirable and appreciated," Eagles footy boss Craig Vozzo said.
"The club thanks all three players for their contribution and wishes them all the very best in their future endeavours."
Riley Beveridge for AFL.com.au
Sunday, 17 February 2019
If it wasn't for a 'Sliding Doors' moment as a 16-year-old, untried West Coast tall Matthew Allen might just have finished plying his trade for the Adelaide Strikers in the Big Bash League in 2019.
Allen's path diverted towards football shortly after being signed as a Strikers rookie for season three of the BBL.
"That was a great experience hanging around the Strikers guys for six weeks and a couple of weeks before the tournament. As a 16-year-old, it was exciting," Allen said.
"I played in a couple of internals (trials) and was next in actually in a 20/20 to face Shaun Tait at 16. I'm pretty glad I didn't have to go in.
"I really enjoyed cricket, but when I had stress fractures in my back I leaned towards footy."
Monday, 29 October 2018
Matthew Allen signs a new deal with West Coast to remain at the club in 2019.
"Matty's missed his entire first pre-season and a large majority of his first season with us so he was able to string a full pre-season together last year and we saw some reward and improvement, particularly in the back half of last year when he was playing a mid/forward role," Eagles football manager Craig Vozzo said.
"We're really excited that at 193cm and with his work rate and running capacity with where Matthew can take his game next year … we think he can play a number of roles for us."
Monday, 22 October 2018
Matthew Allen signs a new one-year deal with West Coast to remain at the club in 2019.
Allen will be one of only two 2015 NAB AFL Draft survivors who hasn't pulled on their team's jumper at the elite level in 2019.
West Coast select Matthew Allen with pick No.62 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft.
"He's a 193cm forward that gets around the ground really well for his size. A lead-up type player, left-foot kick – quite a strong boy. He'll probably take a little time but we're really pleased to bring him in," Eagles recruiting manager Rohan O'Brien said.

I'd agree with you Guruisatiger. From Glenelg originally via Nth Gambier, he has speed, sharp left foot and good size. Never quite cracked it for a game in a strong West Coast midfield, was an emergency for much of the season too. Definately look at a rookie spot because he can go inside.

Thanks for uploading all the info
Really appreciate it,, ,, definitely worth looking at
Go Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back