List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets rumours 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love Brad Crouch but seriously there's no way Markov and a pick 15-18 gets it done. If we could do this year and next year's firsts and possibly snare a second in return I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Also he's not going to sign a deal averaging 550k, only way that works is if it's longer and we can backend it past rance, cotch, riewoldt
* off no way is he that good , 2 x r1 are reserved for AA quality , has he ever made it ?

What dictionary is that???

I thought some might refer to a scrap heap player as a player who belongs on a scrap heap for example. The point is you labelling a player a scrap heap player is a back handed compliment even if you use the excuse of your own meaning as gospel that he came out of a scrap heap as a get out clause because it is quite ignorant to label some one something with a broad brush stroke and assume everyone interprets a label as you would like it to be interpreted!!

Others might say its an opportunity for you to put the boot into Lambert inadvertently through rhetoric!!

I have nothing to let go because I am not the one potentially being insulted!! The truth is I embrace Lambert's story, he is tough and very persistent with a strong will to succeed!! You could have just as easily called Lambert a mature age recruit!! The point is who are you to label a player a 'scrap heap' player??

I also embrace the concept nothing is black or white , nothing is absolute, many things are relative to other things and situations can evolve, grow and develop in interaction at a far more rapid pace than some might think like with our 2017 premiership!!
Mate. Settle down. It wasn't me who called him a scrap heap player ! Lol

I love Lambo. I think everybody here does. But, he came FROM the scrap heap. He's a well known drafting coup!

Are you drunk?

We should be looking at players in the 20-22 year age bracket who were taken by teams like GWS/GC that are not getting games or trying to move players like Cerra/Hately/Caldwell/Raynor etc

Replacement for Cotchin must be recruited / traded for imo

I would also happily throw our 2020+2021 1st rounder's at Port for Ollie Wines

We should be looking at players in the 20-22 year age bracket who were taken by teams like GWS/GC that are not getting games or trying to move players like Cerra/Hately/Caldwell/Raynor etc

I'd be happier drafting our replacements for retiring stars. And two firsts for Ollie Wines, just lol. He's nowhere near worth that. I also don't get the love for Cerra, haven't seen him do much to warrant the love he gets on here

I'd be happier drafting our replacements for retiring stars. And two firsts for Ollie Wines, just lol. He's nowhere near worth that. I also don't get the love for Cerra, haven't seen him do much to warrant the love he gets on here
I know nada about Cerra. I can't recall seeing him play. But draft watchers reckon he's being played out of position. New coach might change things at Freo. He, like Crouch, would have to request a trade to us, for it to happen. If we could afford Crouch then heck yeah, bring him in.

I reckon he ll have plenty of suitors , would be a bloody good player in a winning environment good leaders to take him under their wing

In another thread someone said the GC CEO has indicated SPP's Manager has reached out to the GC for next year. Horrible match I'd say. GC is a cesspit of a region and that would concentrate his remarkable skills of distraction.

Last edited:

Wines does seem a touch vulnerable at the moment. His off field behavior would be speculative as he likes the odd sneaky drink - team rules and all that crap ;)

Mate. Settle down. It wasn't me who called him a scrap heap player ! Lol

I love Lambo. I think everybody here does. But, he came FROM the scrap heap. He's a well known drafting coup!

Are you drunk?

Are you drink??

Why do you think I am not settled??

Are you on those mushrooms??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give the man a cigar

Exactly, Bulldogs do have some good midfielders!!!

I would take their youngsters over Crouch any day!!!

Note how old man taggible Sloane showing Crouch how its done!!!

Lol, look at the difference between the ranking points between Matt Crouch and Brad Crouch??? Same game today!! Don't think Brad was injured was he??

Last edited:
View attachment 733616

Yeah nah we don’t need Crouch at all. Nuffies.

We WON the match today with our exceptional ball movement, and Crouch is rubbish at that. So you can take your clearance stats, your sycophantic Crouch love, and your lack of recruiting acumen and go and commiserate their stunning failure to make any significant impact on anything that matters with the Crouch brothers.

End of post.

We WON the match today with our exceptional ball movement, and Crouch is rubbish at that. So you can take your clearance stats, your sycophantic Crouch love, and your lack of recruiting acumen and go and commiserate their stunning failure to make any significant impact on anything that matters with the Crouch brothers.

End of post.
So winning one match means there aren’t areas we can improve upon? Flawless logic. I’m sorry you don’t have the football intelligence to recognise the glaring weakness we have in midfield. Neale had the lazy 50 odd touches doing as he pleased today because we lack players who can win it on the inside. We’d probably have a home QF if we didn’t let their midfielders have first use all day. And it wasn’t just the clearance stats we lost. We lost the inside 50s, largely due to our midfield getting slaughtered at stoppages.

As for “recruiting acumen”, it sounds like the club is heavily (and rightfully) into Crouch. It seems they’re trying to address a major weakness this off-season by bringing in the star midfielder. I understand their desire to want a player who has been ranked top 20 in the competition by the coaches this season. Who makes a more convincing case though - the AFL coaches and the Richmond Football Club or the rambling nuffy on BigFooty who agrees with Mr Magic Mushrooms? Tough one. I think I’ll lean towards the professionals.

“End of post.”

shiel and treloar both commanded 2 high first rounders and had one AA between them - not all r1 are the same, there is a massive difference between 2x pick 6/7 and 2x pick 18

Not when you’re one of the top clubs in the country and that’s all you’ve got. It might be chump change to the Gold Coasts and Carltons of the world who have had top ten draft picks coming out of their ears but not for us. When trading away draft picks it’s not simply about face value, it’s also about what you got. It’s easy to make that comparison when you actually have a pick 6 or 7 in the bank. Our two first rounders for a 26 year old role player is too much.

Not when you’re one of the top clubs in the country and that’s all you’ve got. It might be chump change to the Gold Coasts and Carltons of the world who have had top ten draft picks coming out of their ears but not for us. When trading away draft picks it’s not simply about face value, it’s also about what you got. It’s easy to make that comparison when you actually have a pick 6 or 7 in the bank. Our two first rounders for a 26 year old role player is too much.

This exactly when you want to throw those picks at a 26yr old, we are getting high picks because we’re a shot at the flag, go home with 3-4 flags and worry about the future after.

Plus the way we’ve drafted recently we’ve given ourselves some breathing room in that regard, Higgins, Stack, Ross, Soldo, Bolton all look 150-200 AFL gamers. Balta, Naish, Eggy and Chol have shown glimpses. CCJ is dominating VFL at 19 and Turner has racked them up down there. RCD has shown a bit at VFL level could still be a bust but potential is there.

However the selections themselves work out long term, I was more satisfied with our drafting template last draft than any previous year.

I think if we stick to that heavy bias towards well rounded mids then unless something unmissable falls our way and suits our cap we don’t need to be chasing big trades, just grow as many of our own as possible while we have such a sweet senior core to build around.

I certainly wouldn’t be chasing a high price ball magnet with kicking flaws, we’ve got a lot of grunt with more class coming through.

So winning one match means there aren’t areas we can improve upon? Flawless logic. I’m sorry you don’t have the football intelligence to recognise the glaring weakness we have in midfield. Neale had the lazy 50 odd touches doing as he pleased today because we lack players who can win it on the inside. We’d probably have a home QF if we didn’t let their midfielders have first use all day. And it wasn’t just the clearance stats we lost. We lost the inside 50s, largely due to our midfield getting slaughtered at stoppages.

As for “recruiting acumen”, it sounds like the club is heavily (and rightfully) into Crouch. It seems they’re trying to address a major weakness this off-season by bringing in the star midfielder. I understand their desire to want a player who has been ranked top 20 in the competition by the coaches this season. Who makes a more convincing case though - the AFL coaches and the Richmond Football Club or the rambling nuffy on BigFooty who agrees with Mr Magic Mushrooms? Tough one. I think I’ll lean towards the professionals.

“End of post.”

Mentioning me is laughable. You should just stick to your argument of status quo versus B Crouch.

Even if we do have a weakness that does not mean go all in for B Crouch paying a hefty price ignoring other options!!!

Looking at the Bulldogs match we would presumably be better off without Crouch let alone coughing up multiple picks and chewing up big money for someone that is unproven at the top level!!!

I would have loved to see how we would have gone against the Lions if Ross was not conveniently excluded and I think Ross has a little more upside than Crouch no matter how much you may wish to talk up Crouch.

I will be honest, I will take Bontempelli, Macrae, Dunkley(which I said we should have drafted when we had the chance by the way), Bailey Smith, Lipinski before Crouch any day of the week!! That is just the Bulldogs.

You pump up B Crouch without even trying to defend the match versus the Bulldogs where "They benefited from first use of the stiff Ballarat breeze and easily overcame another lopsided hitout count, with Marcus Bontempelli, Jack Macrae and Josh Dunkley dominant in the clinches." Thats from AFL.com.au in the match report not me!!!!

I understand you are pushing you agenda and frankly I know you cannot accept reason from empirical support so I will move on and leave you with your cronies!! Obviously various puppet masters are pushing an angle via forces within the game based on various motivations and clearly your agency must align to receive the support you desire!!! I do not desire to penetrate your fishbowl!!

Last edited:
How many times do I have to say that a fringe player in a side that’s top4 doesn’t mean they’d be a fringe player at a bottom 8 club . How many games has miles and Lloyd played this year compared to last year . Menadue markov and Moore would all be playing senior football elsewhere , heck they all would have got a game for ess last night ,

What was the cumulative total we got for Lloyd, Ellis & Miles? Pick 67?

As I said, there’s no point listing them. Markov/Menadue/Moore aren’t deal clinchers for anything.

*Cough* Cough*

Ollie Wines - stats against freo today
15 kicks
18 handballs
8 tackles
3 marks
15 CP
6 CL

RCD is an inside player that will come in and suit our midfield because at 193cm he gets his hands free and dishes off. Grigg used to do much the same when he played inside mid (his best position), but RCD is bigger and quicker and starting to play good football in the VFL. Ross is a Selwood type and will be a very good player. Do we really need to give away our first draft pick and some for Crouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back