List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne basically traded Watts pick 10 and a future 1st for Lever geez hope his worth it

didn't Collins just get delisted lol

............and Balic is gone........how many AFL games has Sier played?

So did Clement what's your point?

Can't ever recall a trade period where we sat on our hands and did SFA for the entire 2 weeks....oh well there is always a first for everything. All I can say is there better be some big things happen in 2018, this time next year!
stability > radical change. Next season will hopefully be the first time in a few seasons where the best 22 actually know where there playing and how their teammates play.

trading for trading sake is the devil

Are you referring to Ned (list manager)? If so, he's not on board until after this trade period. So I guess for now it's still Hine & co?

It read more like he was stepping back from a lot of his player agent stuff and handing it over to colleagues (especially with Lever and Smith) rather than delaying his start in the new role altogether:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collin...ngwoods-new-list-manager-20171004-gytzxl.html

I recokon I also saw (or maybe read) on fox sports that he was going to step in as soon as the deals for those two were done and dusted to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest.

Still the point remains the same, with a new Sheriff in town and limited time to look into things I always thought this would be a quiet trade period as nobody was especially keen to make any ground breaking moves, given our somewhat limited options in the first two rounds.

Calm down DB we will pick him up for pick 2067.......no need to get worked up over a sceptical player.
If that was the case then why would they even bother with this upgrading crap? You just know they’re going to offer him a senior contract and then ask for pick 38 or something ludicrous.

............and Balic is gone........how many AFL games has Sier played?

So did Clement what's your point?
Pretty sure Clement didn’t get delisted old chum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't make me do homework I am too old for that s**t mate!

Marcus Adams is the only one I can think of.

Edit: Yep the cupboard was pretty bare from our pick onwards in the 2015 draft:

32. Collingwood Brayden Sier
33. North Melbourne Mitchell Hibberd
34. Gold Coast Josh Schoenfeld
35. W Bulldogs Marcus Adams
36. West Coast Tom Cole
37. Port Adelaide Riley Bonner
38. Fremantle Harley Balic

ROUND 3

39. Brisbane Lions Rhys Mathieson
40. St Kilda Brandon White
41. GWS Matthew Flynn
42. Melbourne Mitchell King
43. N Melbourne Corey Wagner
44. Hawthorn Blake Hawdwick
45. Port Adelaide Aldyn Johnson
46. Melbourne Liam Hulett
47. Brisbane Lions Sam Skinner (197cm - 3 x knee reco's now)
48. W Bulldogs Bailey Williams
49. St Kilda Bailey Rice
50. Richmond Oleg Markov
51. Sydney Tryone Leonardis
52. Gold Coast Mackenzie Willis
53. Carlton Jack Silvagni (F/S selection obviously)
54. Essendon Mitch Brown

ROUND 4

55. Fremantle Samuel Collins
56. Sydney Jordan Dawson
57. West Coast Kirk Mutimer
58. Collingwood Tom Phillips

Last edited:
Reckon that big winners this trade period have been PA and the bombers. Would have put the demons there until I found out that they will still be paying a portion of Watts salary. LOL.

Straight after trade week, we always call the teams who traded the most players the big winners. Then later in the year, we abuse them for trading in those duds.

Haha, supporters only. They are as soft as their team. I copped a week ban because I said #putoutyourcheeseboards when they didn’t make finals. It made me even more happy we beat them.
Melbourne FC will always represent the values of the upper classes. Could’ve had Natanui but chose Watts because of his private schooling and indulged background. They will always suffer because of their associations with those who think they are above others - Proof in this is not letting anyone else comment on jack watts on Melbourne’s bigfooy. It is their exclusiveness that will forever keep them in afl wilderness - (I hope so, because I hate them and their silver spoons!!!)

Wylie Buzza was taken at the end of that draft, he's played a few senior games, who knows if he'll make it though...

Ben Brown Mk II, bookmark it. And not just because of his appearance, either. At the same age, Brown was only just getting drafted (Pick #47, 2013 National Draft).

On a weird note, Ben Brown is James Manson's nephew. How can one with such a textbook kicking style be related to someone with one so awkward and unco?

Well, the calm before the storm next year??? We might be in up to our armpits in trades next year.
Anyone notice that ALL of our defenders on our list are only contracted until 2018?
And from all of our forwards, only Mayne has a contract beyond 2018..:eek: (oh, and Crocker & Wills until 2019, if they get put in the Forwards basket).

So, the transition is nearly complete. Get rid of all our Defenders and Forwards, trade in Lynch, and a list of 39 midfielders! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back