List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

If Melbourne can get 15 games into him, then why can't we? 15 games of Lynch could mean 8 or 9 wins very easily.

The biggest issue that you don't consider is this perception that Lynch's body is close to, if not already finished, because of 2 injuries, one of which isn't a soft tissue injury.

Many of his injuries since he's been at Richmond haven't been soft tissue injuries (to my memory), but more impact injuries. That isn't a body breaking down, that's just purely bad luck.
On recent history it’s a stretch , the buyer will take the most optimistic view if it means the diff of a successful finals campaign . His body looks to be shot it would be prudent for us to trade if we were to get a r1 in return

We could not over pay for Lukosious. I watched a replay of Gold Coast v Hawthorn and he was not that impressive and he is 23
Yea my thoughts are a r1 and take up his contract in full would get the deal done , he hasn’t done enough to warrant any more than a single r1 ,,,reckon there’ll be a handful of clubs keen , not sure he’d prioritize us unless we put a silly long term deal up , like 7y . Don’t reckon his form warrants that ,,,,then again we gave it to hopper

If we're talking about trading Lukosius in at the end of this current season, then very unlikely that the Suns ask for a top 10 pick, since they have their own academy player in this draft which they wouldn't want to waste a high pick with in matching a bid.
If they got a high pick why would they not trade it as currency for what they do want?? Can you trade a pick you get from a trade losing a player or do you need to incorporate it in a 3/4way trade with multiple clubs?

Looking at who they have with a dramatic transformation and Dimma seemingly changing how they do it to a degree, lot of academy talent still to come in they may not want a high draft pick but they can use it to trade for what they may want

I would lose my ******* s**t if we give up quality draft capital for Lukosius
Next to no contested marking game, which makes him pretty useless as a key forward and reduces his value significantly. His kicking is his only real weapon, hence why Dimma is trying to turn him into a distributor in the back half.

I think we need to stop dreaming if we think anyone is giving up a first round pick for Lynch. A mid-late 20’s pick would be best case, and not sure I’d take it if Lynch comes back this year and plays half a dozen games.

I’d be interested in thoughts of others, but here is where I see the ‘value’ of players who have been discussed as trade options :

Lynch: 26-30
Graham: 36-40
Short: 26-30
Broad: 46-50
Baker: 8-12
Macca: nothing

I’d trade all of Graham, Short or Broad if they were open to a move and we got an offer in the above range.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stupid conversation regardless. No way on this planet will we trade Lynch

WTF is this chat and constant mentioning of trading Short? This will categorically not happen.
The chatter is the dream of improving our team, this year especially and pretty much year before he has been cowardly putrid. Just cause he is a "good bloke" at the club shouldnt mean we keep a turnover merchant who wakes up in a cold sweat every night when he has nightmares of actually having to stick a tackle or win a contested ball. Rant over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're talking about trading Lukosius in at the end of this current season, then very unlikely that the Suns ask for a top 10 pick, since they have their own academy player in this draft which they wouldn't want to waste a high pick with in matching a bid.
2nd rnd this year and f1 would be their thinking.

IMO we have been highly competitive and ‘thereabouts’. Of course the first 45-minutes against GC was woeful, but then we outplayed them. GC look like being a finals team and will be almost unstoppable at home. We had no Nank, Lynch or Dusty among others.

R1 a close loss to Carlton having lost Prestia, Young and Gibcus in-game and being 2-down on bench for entire second half. Very competitive.

R2 were close to Port most of game - led by 15 at HT. Fell away towards end of game … I can’t recall exactly who was out injured for us that game. Port look like being top-4. Very competitive.

R3 beat Sydney missing a heap of our best.

R4 lost narrowly to Saints. By this stage injuries were cruelling us with 6-7 best-22 out. Highly competitive.

R5 lost badly to Eagles. Short’s early injury made it 9 of our best-23 not playing. Uncompetitive for 2-quarters.

I don’t care how much depth anyone has, only the very very best teams would be able to be competitive missing 8-9 of their best 23, particularly when they are starting midfielders and crucial key position players, not just flankers.

Do we seriously think Port would be top-4 if you took out : Butters, JHF, Drew, Wines, Dixon, Marshall, Allir and Houston?

We’ve been as good as could be expected given the injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
In 2019, when we were the best, the cats belted us by 70 when we were missing 7-8 players of our best 22.

I would lose my ******* s**t if we give up quality draft capital for Lukosius
We need a Lynch replacement. I'd throw a $mill of the Dusty money at Ugle Hagan. If Lynch stays on the park bonus in 2025 and 2026 Balta & JUH.

Plan B draft a ready to go kid give him a couple of years.

In 2019, when we were the best, the cats belted us by 70 when we were missing 7-8 players of our best 22.
Rounds 11-13 ,2019 roos,cats crows
We managed 23 goals over 3 games
They managed 47 goals over 3 games
Then came bye and the rest is beautiful

We need a Lynch replacement. I'd throw a $mill of the Dusty money at Ugle Hagan. If Lynch stays on the park bonus in 2025 and 2026 Balta & JUH.

Plan B draft a ready to go kid give him a couple of years.

Save our $$$$'s for Cadman.
By the time he's OOC we should be approaching the window again.
Why not both ???

In 2 years time
Dusty gone
Lynch gone
Grimes gone
Prestia gone
McIntosh gone
Pickett gone
Graham gone
Broad gone

The chatter is the dream of improving our team, this year especially and pretty much year before he has been cowardly putrid. Just cause he is a "good bloke" at the club shouldnt mean we keep a turnover merchant who wakes up in a cold sweat every night when he has nightmares of actually having to stick a tackle or win a contested ball. Rant over
Putrid post

If Lukosciois wanted to move GC get a top 10 pick every day of the week and we wouldnt even get a sniff

Port & Crows would be all over him like a cheap suit
Top 20 I'd argue. He has a lot of deficiencies in his game and has never really had a standout season.

When you read suggestions to trade out the likes Lynch Bolton Baker Martin Short but then bring in the likes of Lukocious

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back