List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Not you too Tiger Tough. Okay, I am very much in the minority so what am I missing here? He is a VERY ordinary player (and that is being kind). Not quick, not skilled, not the best decision maker..........yet a lot of people seem to want this bloke. Classic example of a player who only plays well against us and does sweet FA for the rest of the season.
His best is elite, but Norf. Bet he goes somewhere else amd stars.

Love Jon " I guess" Ralph.

First Baker is highly unlikely to leave. So the idea Baker will leave because he loved judd, * me lol. Secondly its likely Graham will be gone at years end from what im hearing.

Sorry not posting much at all, still getting through rehab and I cant use the comp or phone much :p I will be on Michaels Tigercast this Monday with some really solid news the media has not broken yet. Will only be on for 10 minutes or so at the start of the show.

Just a FYI
Well we get to see which media hack watches the Tigercasts at least.

First Baker is highly unlikely to leave. So the idea Baker will leave because he loved judd, * me lol. Secondly its likely Graham will be gone at years end from what im hearing.

Sorry not posting much at all, still getting through rehab and I cant use the comp or phone much :p I will be on Michaels Tigercast this Monday with some really solid news the media has not broken yet. Will only be on for 10 minutes or so at the start of the show.

Just a FYI
Baker is going to Freo. Ralph is clueless

Yes he is. He's regularly in the bests in the VFL against big bodies. In two years time when Nank is cooked, Ryan will be about to peak. It should be a seamless transition.
I hope so. I really do. Sampson could be a very good AFL player. His only real weakness is his lack of strength. If he can fix that I reckon he's a good B grade or better AFL ruck forward

I think that is clearly the point .. that you and the club didn't recognize that you need to draft a KPF at least five years before you need to replace him ...
It is 2024 ... seven years later and we finally drafted Fawcett ... with him and Lynch ... being the only two leading forwards that played forward as juniors on our entire list ... and both injured

Only an idiot would argue the Oscar Allen miss was a terrible mistake and that we desperately needed to draft a key forward over 5 years ago
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When Oscar Allen was drafted he was only 191cm tall and not considered a "key Fwd". hes obviously grown since then.

Just a FYI
It seems like the narrative is being driven by the fact he has just purchased a property in perth. If I was a footballer playing in a different state, id buy a house in my home state too so its ready to go for when i retire from AFL. Doesn't mean hes leaving now. His elevation to VC says that its a strong chance hes the next captain. He also is playing more midfield now, leads from the front with his on field actions and attack on the footy and players. Hard as nails. Reminds me of a former skipper.

It seems like the narrative is being driven by the fact he has just purchased a property in perth. If I was a footballer playing in a different state, id buy a house in my home state too so its ready to go for when i retire from AFL. Doesn't mean hes leaving now. His elevation to VC says that its a strong chance hes the next captain. He also is playing more midfield now, leads from the front with his on field actions and attack on the footy and players. Hard as nails. Reminds me of a former skipper.
It's actually his second investment property in WA. It's just that this one coincides with him being out of contract.

I think Baker stays.

WA is the property hot spot for investors at the moment, could mean nothing, could mean everything.

weat coat fans think they are going to get backer for a second rounder 🤣🤣🤣

They will be burning their board down when Egles down trade their 1st rounder for 2 picks then. In saying that reckon medja have NFI so are just thrown darts at a dart board hoping one will land. Watch Baker sign on next week

They will be burning their board down when Egles down trade their 1st rounder for 2 picks then. In saying that reckon medja have NFI so are just thrown darts at a dart board hoping one will land. Watch Baker sign on next week
I am almost certain that the media gets their info from;
1. Player Agents looking to up the price of their players
2. Mates outside the player's inner circle. Those people that on the periphery of the friendship group but they show up to ever third or so event
3. Partner's of the player's family and friends of the Player's partner. Especially those who are not long time members of the family.
4. Bigfooty and Reddit
5. Pissing in the wind
6. The Scoops Maclure special. Make a bold hypothetical, hedge your reputation on it, try and will it into existence by constantly bring it up at every chance you get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Mates outside the player's inner circle. Those people that on the periphery of the friendship group but they show up to ever third or so event
3. Partner's of the player's family and friends of the Player's partner. Especially those who are not long time members of the family.
4. Bigfooty and Reddit
5. Pissing in the wind
6. The Scoops Maclure special. Make a bold hypothetical, hedge your reputation on it, try and will it into existence by constantly bring it up at every chance you get.
And list bosses looking to unsettle other clubs and pry out players

WA is the property hot spot for investors at the moment, could mean nothing, could mean everything.
What would be really funny is if a media personality asks Baker the question around the property and he just comes back and says "Well basically my financial advisor told me to buy property in WA and I did".

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. When Oscar Allen was drafted he was only 191cm tall and not considered a "key Fwd". hes obviously grown since then.

End of 2017 we had a just turned 29yo Jack Riewoldt and a year later we got a just turned 26yo Tom Lynch.

If we did get Oscar Allen he would’ve left the club after 2-years as he’d still have been third in line start of 2021.

It’s nice to think he’d have happily bided his time in the VFL for majority of games from 2018-2022, only playing when Jack or Tom were out of the side … he wouldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Still a speculative pick. Would rather keep Baker. He plays the game the way you want players to play.

I think we’d all rather keep him. Losing very good players in their prime is never a good thing… but given his reputation we will get ‘overs’ in a trade. If he was 23yo I’d be spewing if he left. But at 27yo it’ll be a positive for us long-term (If we nail the draft … if !! )

4. Bigfooty and Reddit
5. Pissing in the wind
Mainly these two. They don't know any more than the average bigfooty poster, which is another way of say number 5

If anyone wants to know why we shouldn't gut our list like Norf/Hawks did, just watch one of their games. & check the ladder. They are where they are a reason & aren't digging their way out just yet.
So true.

I think there’s a balance somewhere. You need to look at how to refresh without destroying the leadership and fabric of your club. Both those two went too far and here we are. North might not make the 8 ever again. I’ve wanted to trade Barrass and B Williams whilst they are worth something provided we have a replacement plan but would be dead against trading McGovern, Yeo, Oscar.

You guys have a number of valuable players in the 25+ bracket, just a matter of striking the balance. Nice position to be in and going to be a pretty full on draft/trade period.
I simply can't to to see what we do post season, if it wasn't for seeing the kids we already have & seeing how they develope, i'd already want the season over.

End of 2017 we had a just turned 29yo Jack Riewoldt and a year later we got a just turned 26yo Tom Lynch.

If we did get Oscar Allen he would’ve left the club after 2-years as he’d still have been third in line start of 2021.

It’s nice to think he’d have happily bided his time in the VFL for majority of games from 2018-2022, only playing when Jack or Tom were out of the side … he wouldn’t.

Also a Perth boy he would have been goneski as soon as West Coast came calling.

Just a FYI
Thanks Mike from roxy
Stay healthy mate
Prayers and thoughts are with you 🙏

Not you too Tiger Tough. Okay, I am very much in the minority so what am I missing here? He is a VERY ordinary player (and that is being kind). Not quick, not skilled, not the best decision maker..........yet a lot of people seem to want this bloke. Classic example of a player who only plays well against us and does sweet FA for the rest of the season.
100 % spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back