List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Dustin Martin’s manager Ralph Carr has begun gauging interest in his player with rival clubs despite the likelihood the Richmond legend will retire or play out his career at Punt Rd.
Martin has expressed to teammates that while he is still enjoying his time at Richmond his motivation to train and play no longer reaches the heights of the club’s premiership years.
Martin can no longer train with the same intensity as he battles soft-tissue complaints including the calf issues that have seen him miss two games this year.
Carr told the Herald Sun in March he and Martin would sit down at year’s end to consider the unrestricted free agent’s future.
Clubs are aware they would likely have to offer him a two-year deal on good money well above $500,000 a year and at this stage have reservations about that kind of contract.
They are aware Martin is mentally fatigued and wonder if he can find that fire in the belly as he turns 33 next month.
Vice-captain Liam Baker’s strong preference is believed to be a trade to West Coast, instead of Fremantle.

Dustin Martin’s manager Ralph Carr has begun gauging interest in his player with rival clubs despite the likelihood the Richmond legend will retire or play out his career at Punt Rd.
Martin has expressed to teammates that while he is still enjoying his time at Richmond his motivation to train and play no longer reaches the heights of the club’s premiership years.
Martin can no longer train with the same intensity as he battles soft-tissue complaints including the calf issues that have seen him miss two games this year.
Carr told the Herald Sun in March he and Martin would sit down at year’s end to consider the unrestricted free agent’s future.
Clubs are aware they would likely have to offer him a two-year deal on good money well above $500,000 a year and at this stage have reservations about that kind of contract.
They are aware Martin is mentally fatigued and wonder if he can find that fire in the belly as he turns 33 next month.
Vice-captain Liam Baker’s strong preference is believed to be a trade to West Coast, instead of Fremantle.
That might explain a lot with Dusty. The calf muscles are the first to go and it's bloody hard to train at 100% when they're tight as a drum. I'm hoping he finishes out the year with the Tiges and sails off into the sunset. I'm gonna enjoy watching his remaining games. He's still a class above 90% of the players out there.

Still hoping Bakes stays but I guess I could be comforted with a strait swap for one of their youngsters. Harley Reid would do nicely hehe

If that is the case, I'd be asking for a future R1 pick firstly.

However if we were to target a player swap to build up our list, I'd be asking about the following players

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid

However if we were to target a player swap to build up our list, I'd be asking about the following players

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid
the afl will get involved and like north last year
the coasters will be given 2 priority picks one
at the end of first round 2024 { currently pick 21 }
one at the end of first round 2025 { currently pick 19 }
the condition is both have to be traded
and they both will come to richmond for liam baker
only if liam leaves and thats a big if

the afl will get involved and like north last year
the coasters will be given 2 priority picks one
at the end of first round 2024 { currently pick 21 }
one at the end of first round 2025 { currently pick 19 }
the condition is both have to be traded
and they both will come to richmond for liam baker
only if liam leaves and thats a big if
The issue with that is WCE need to apply for a PP and as far as I'm aware they ruled that out earlier this year.

afl will whisper in there ear
Given the current conspiracy theories regarding the AFL being corrupt against Richmond I can't see them giving the Eagles something that helps us.

Granted they're not stars, but as part of a package deal, that netted us a pick and a player I wouldn't be against bringing one of them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if that cap space could be used for a salary dump plus another pick. Our next 2 years are development anyway, and another early pick, like the Bowes trade, could be useful and could be good use of our cap space
no they arent

we will be top 4 next year if louies gone , we beat the league leaders a few short weeks ago when we didnt have as many injuries

yzes gamestyle can beat any side (if we have a good run with injuries)

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid
Some of our board would disagree but I’d trade BWilliams for Baker. He’s a good young KPF/ruck option but surplus to requirements at the Eagles once Flynn is back in my view, although he recently signed a two year extension. Maric is no chance to leave after just signing a two year deal and loves the club. Chess is pretty settled here but might be open to a move back home as long as it’s not to North Melbourne or Essendon. I wouldn’t know where Archer Reid sees his future but I’m worried about his developmental given how bad our reserves are.
The issue with that is WCE need to apply for a PP and as far as I'm aware they ruled that out earlier this year.

Trevor Nisbett previously said no PP, Don Pyke has come in this year and played with a straight bat and said we’ll assess whether to make a request towards the end of the year. If we got an end of 1R PP that’s probably close to fair in my view but I’m sure plenty of Tiger fans will disagree.

On a side note, Benny Gale. What a fantastic administrator and ambassador for the club. Have loved watching the replays of the interviews where he outlined his vision for the club, was belittled at the time but made it happen and now Garry Lyon and co are eating s**t. Hopefully leaves the club full of admiration from the Tiger faithful before starting down in Tassie in a role close to his heart.

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid
Uber Tubers
Superior Spuds
Premium Potatoes
🥔 🍠

"It had been a strong start to your career as well by then but you got through to pick 28 in the 2017 draft. Going back to that time now – why do you think that was?
I thought I would go a bit earlier. I was told I'd be between 20-25 and Richmond or Geelong would pick me up and that didn't happen. I started panicking."

This is Sam Taylor talking ahead of his 100th game... Makes me sick to realise we chose Higgins and Coleman Jones over Oscar Allen and Sam Taylor. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 Man Matty Clarke might as well have thrown our 1st rounders in the bin. Dow looking like another bust.

"It had been a strong start to your career as well by then but you got through to pick 28 in the 2017 draft. Going back to that time now – why do you think that was?
I thought I would go a bit earlier. I was told I'd be between 20-25 and Richmond or Geelong would pick me up and that didn't happen. I started panicking."

This is Sam Taylor talking ahead of his 100th game... Makes me sick to realise we chose Higgins and Coleman Jones over Oscar Allen and Sam Taylor. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 Man Matty Clarke might as well have thrown our 1st rounders in the bin. Dow looking like another bust.
In 2017 we had Rance Astbury Grimes Broad & Vlastuin as our defenders, Taylor wasn't really a necessity whereas we needed KPF & ruck help hence the Coleman-Jones selection, but don't let that get in the way of a good whinge

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid
Dud, dud, dud, dud

In 2017 we had Rance Astbury Grimes Broad & Vlastuin as our defenders, Taylor wasn't really a necessity whereas we needed KPF & ruck help hence the Coleman-Jones selection, but don't let that get in the way of a good whinge

It’s not why we took ccj though. We rejigged our talent rating system to favour talls that season and we thought CCJ was the best talent available. Just some bad drafting in the first round, a familiar theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back