List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a few mentions of trading Lynch, I think tiger_tough even mentioned it months ago.

I guess the question is, who would want him? What would they pay?

Would need to be to a team that views him as the missing piece to a flag in 25/26.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

I just cant see the return being worth the trade from our POV

I see a few mentions of trading Lynch, I think tiger_tough even mentioned it months ago.

Would need to be to a team that views him as the missing piece to a flag in 25/26.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

Well put it this way.
If they believe Lynch would help land them the premiership.
Their F1 i'd be asking for.
They win the flag they would say money well spent.

Well put it this way.
I agree, a 1st rounder would be minimum for me.

Well put it this way.
If we traded Lynch then I think that we would need to something sacrilegious and get in the ear of Hawkins to see if he wants to be a Part time Tall forward coach with maybe some playing duties for 5 - 6 games a year. We need someone who can be there at training and teaching tall forward craft to our forwards and we then keep the costs out of the FD cost cap.

If that doesn't go through then we need to get more from Richo and maybe get in the ear of Matthew Lloyd to be part time Tall forward consultants. If it is just Balta, Kosi, Lefau, Ryan and the forwards coach of Teague it is the blind leading the blind and deaf in terms of tall forward craft.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

Dees would 100%. They'd win the flag next year with a fit a Gawn, May, Lever, Petracca and Lynch.
Cats too now that Hawkins is absolutely cooked.
Swans only if Logan McDonald goes to Freo but the rise of Treacy might mean they cool on him.
Pies are on record saying no more trading early picks for a while.
Could see Essendon getting a bit excited now that they're no longer shit.

Lynch won't be around by the time we're challenging for finals so if we could get a 1st round pick I'd be jumping at it.

Dees would 100%. They'd win the flag next year with a fit a Gawn, May, Lever, Petracca and Lynch.
Cats too now that Hawkins is absolutely cooked.
Swans only if Logan McDonald goes to Freo but the rise of Treacy might mean they cool on him.
Pies are on record saying no more trading early picks for a while.
Could see Essendon getting a bit excited now that they're no longer s**t.

Lynch won't be around by the time we're challenging for finals so if we could get a 1st round pick I'd be jumping at it.
Dees are my thought also, but I cant see us letting him go.

I think you need to educate yourself on how drafting works. Sit down noob because you're about to be schooled.

With those two picks that we gave for TT and the Picks we gave for Hopper we could of;
So we paid 19 and 12 for TT. So if we took those picks along with the second rounder we paid for hopper we could of moved all those picks PLUS Deledio to GWS to get the number 1 pick from North. We can trade Deledio away and he will come back to us when we are in our flag window like Trent Croad at Hawthorn. They got him back and Luke Hodge in that trade so there was no reason we couldn't of done that here.

So then for 2023 we could of taken our first pick and all the other picks we had to Gold Coast to get one of their first round picks then we could of taken pick 8 and that pick 6 and Tom Lynch + Dusty (see rationale for trading Lids) and got Pick 1, 2 and 5 which really could of gone a long way to get us back up the ladder by this year.

See, there are soooo many just STUPID and CLEAR moves that our recruitment department are clearly BLIND to. I swear that these AMATURES could learn something from me because I clearly know more than these people. I watch 20min a week of the NAB league and the VFL highlights so I know exactly what I am talking about.
One massive assumption underpins your argument:

That the opposition AGREE to do the deal.

Remind me what Sydney offered in 2009 for our pick 3? And remind me if we traded it.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

No chance we trade Lynch.
We wouldnt get anything good for him and if we draft a young KF he become even more valuable.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

Melbourne / Collingwood make the most sense

Lynch could be the difference to winning a premiership for either team and very high chance the trade would be for their 1st pick or future 1st rounder.

There would be a huge benefit for richmond in 2 parts
1. Get a pick to continue the rebuild
2. Get $1 mil off the books and could use part of that to take a salary dump player with another 1st rounder in his pocket

Melbourne / Collingwood make the most sense

Lynch could be the difference to winning a premiership for either team and very high chance the trade would be for their 1st pick or future 1st rounder.

There would be a huge benefit for richmond in 2 parts
1. Get a pick to continue the rebuild
2. Get $1 mil off the books and could use part of that to take a salary dump player with another 1st rounder in his pocket
Yeah look, I can definitely see both sides of this one.

I cant decide which way I would go if given the choice. Our forward line is hopeless right now, but Lynch probably gone by the time we are contending again.

I cant decide which way I would go if given the choice. Our forward line is hopeless right now, but Lynch probably gone by the time we are contending again.
I have gotten to the stage where id be ok losing him solely because i dont see him making a huge difference to our destiny going foward if he plays another 3 years

We will have to learn to play without him and start developing which ever foward will take his place
hard medicine but needs to be taken if the opportunity presents for the faster evolution of the team

I have gotten to the stage where id be ok losing him solely because i dont see him making a huge difference to our destiny going foward if he plays another 3 years

We will have to learn to play without him and start developing which ever foward will take his place
hard medicine but needs to be taken if the opportunity presents for the faster evolution of the team
Thats why I have waivered the last 2 weeks. I was a "no way" to trading Lynch, but now I can see the reasoning. Would be a farking hard pill to swallow.

I wouldn't do it. Lynch is worth more to us helping develop the next generation than the draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can we best utilise the salary cap if Dusty retires/takes less money/gets traded. Can we do what Geelong did and take someone's salary and a pick? Or do we save it for a rainy day?

#ToT Trust In Toce
Trust in Blair more like it. He will know where we are at, and what needs to be done.
Toce certainly has a huge role to play but in Blair I trust. I’m sure he wouldn’t have expected us to be as dire as we’ve been this season to date, but he also wouldn’t have expected half the bloody list to be unavailable, especially as it seems those injured are the ones pretty critical to the side.
Suck it up people, we will get there in the end, he’s very good at his job.

He made a huge difference in the one game we won this year against the Swans. Clunking marks on the lead and kicking long distance goals. The guy is still a beast and hard to defend, takes the best oppo defender, when he’s fit. Two unlucky injuries and some want to offload him, just madness.
There could be no justification in trading him in my view. We need him for structure.

let’s just relax and delist/ trade the duds like Graham. It’s never as bad as it looks. Could be a quicker rebound than people think if we make the right decision.
There still has to be a thing called what's the word, a great "culture". we are selling everyone. Jesus..
Relax is a great word, could of had this, that. but we don't.
We do have 3 premierships. love that.
Now its time to start again, i don't care if we finish last, want no1 pick. we need lynch, Daniel. hope dusty retires. will prob keep meatballs, the rest see what we can get. Graham, mac, etc
got along way to go this year.

We apparently offered Jamarra 1.2...can anyone confirm that?
Tiger71 Michaels ?
If so, we clearly have some mulla in our pockets
That wouldn't shock me personally (without any inside word on this one).

It makes sense that we have a heap of $$ to throw around.

I assume he is still staying at the dogs?

Massive cleanup needed premiership players or not if there not performing thankyou very much. It's all about youth now with a group of senior players actually performing. The facts are staring us in the face even before the weekend what path we need to go.

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

I reckon you’d get top 25 pic , a contending side would def gamble the 12 games he’s fit for are at biz end and he’s good enough to be the difference

Pies?
Dees?
Cats if Hawkins retires?
Swans?

Honestly given how injury-prone he is and the salary of $1.2mil next year we wouldn't be getting much if anything back for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back