List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynch is what the lions have been needing since 2019, wont do them any good next season because they've missed their chance

He'd sort out melbournes forward line issue, but you get the feeling, 2024 is their last chance with their talent already peaking

Collingwood probably his best fit, they've got elite smalls/mediums, missing an elite tall

campbell chesser and a second rounder for baker is something we should look at. That’s if internally Richmond rate him
I'd be happy with that; a lot of West Coast fans are not sure on Chesser but I reckon he would go well for us. I kind of see a Blake Acres type of player.

If we traded Lynch then I think that we would need to something sacrilegious and get in the ear of Hawkins to see if he wants to be a Part time Tall forward coach with maybe some playing duties for 5 - 6 games a year. We need someone who can be there at training and teaching tall forward craft to our forwards and we then keep the costs out of the FD cost cap.

If that doesn't go through then we need to get more from Richo and maybe get in the ear of Matthew Lloyd to be part time Tall forward consultants. If it is just Balta, Kosi, Lefau, Ryan and the forwards coach of Teague it is the blind leading the blind and deaf in terms of tall forward craft.
As just a part time coach surely Jack would do it.

One massive assumption underpins your argument:

That the opposition AGREE to do the deal.

Remind me what Sydney offered in 2009 for our pick 3? And remind me if we traded it.
I seriously can't believe that someone could read my previous post and seriously think that I was genuine.

Like dude go back and ready the post. I am talking about trading Brett Deledio in 2022 my man.

I seriously can't believe that someone could read my previous post and seriously think that I was genuine.

Like dude go back and ready the post. I am talking about trading Brett Deledio in 2022 my man.
Fair call dude, I thought you were lost somewhere in your argument. Perhaps I need to familiarise myself with your ideas;)

Melbourne / Collingwood make the most sense

Lynch could be the difference to winning a premiership for either team and very high chance the trade would be for their 1st pick or future 1st rounder.

There would be a huge benefit for richmond in 2 parts
1. Get a pick to continue the rebuild
2. Get $1 mil off the books and could use part of that to take a salary dump player with another 1st rounder in his

Well put it this way.
If they believe Lynch would help land them the premiership.
Their F1 i'd be asking for.
They win the flag they would say money well spent.
If you want to emulate North Melb, get rid of all players that make you competitive and only win 12 games in the last 5yrs. Do you remember those years? I do, picks don't guarantee you success, development does and you need senior players to young players. Getting rid of Lynch is not a smart move.

If you want to emulate North Melb, get rid of all players that make you competitive and only win 12 games in the last 5yrs. Do you remember those years? I do, picks don't guarantee you success, development does and you need senior players to young players. Getting rid of Lynch is not a smart move.
I agree if Lynch spent more time on the ground than off it these days.
He was our most important player at the start of the year.
There's pros & cons to it for sure.

We are not Norf and wont be in that position

We have enough leaders at the club and are a better organization
We also need to replenish the list in all ways possible and if this can be fast tracked by letting some players with value go that only have 2-3 years left and creating a war chest to draw free agents and/or take a salary dump to buy picks then we need to get every advantage possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch could be the difference to winning a premiership for either team and very high chance the trade would be for their 1st pick or future 1st rounder.

2. Get $1 mil off the books and could use part of that to take a salary dump player with another 1st rounder in his pocket
Pies can eat our ass first

Checks Bigfooty, Baker for Chesser

Baker is our Vice Captain ffs. We should be demanding a top 10 pick just like Essendon did for a half back flanker like Saad.

If you let your VC walk for token pick and fringe player, then might as well shut the club down.

Thank God I'm going to Europe soon, because if this is only the beginning, it's going to get a hell of a lot worse on here.

Yes, we need picks but picks are still just that - picks - and you can get them wrong through poor decision or just pure bad luck with injuries.

The only player you happily accept a compo pick for is Graham. Everyone else rumoured only leave for absolute maximum compensation.

campbell chesser and a second rounder for baker is something we should look at. That’s if internally Richmond rate him

I'd be happy with that; a lot of West Coast fans are not sure on Chesser but I reckon he would go well for us. I kind of see a Blake Acres type of player.

Lot of WCE supporters think Chesser is more of a centre bounce midfielder rather than an outside mid which Simmo has been playing him at.

People who've watching him train say he would go head-to-head against Yeo and Kelly and not look out of place in training.

2. Get $1 mil off the books and could use part of that to take a salary dump player with another 1st rounder in his pocket
And you might as well add another $3-4M off the books in lost membership/sponsorship revenue.

Because let's face it, seeing how totally impotent we are in offense without Lynch this year and last, trading him would be a blatant concession that we are prepared to get obliterated every week. And even if that didn't actually eventuate, it's the message we'd be sending.

100k members would become <90k very quickly, and try selling corporates that dream. Remember there's most likely no Dusty there next year either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back