List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

campbell chesser and a second rounder for baker is something we should look at. That’s if internally Richmond rate him
The stench of Blumfield strikes again.

I hear Terry Keays is available.....

Last edited:
Was Toce involved when st kilda overlooked Petracca (McCartin) Naughton (hunter clark and coffield)
Don’t think he was the head recruiter but he was definitely involved, he talked about it on a st kilda podcast

FMD

Why would Luke Parker want to leave Swans

He will be in the team soon enough
Because he's been BOG 3 weeks in a row in their magoos yet they're not playing him the seniors obviously because their younger mids are doing so well now. I think they're sending him a message that's he's in their best 22 anymore.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 052810.png

Last edited:
Was Toce involved when st kilda overlooked Petracca (McCartin) Naughton (hunter clark and coffield)
Questioning the recruitment of players isn't as simple as looking at who went before who. You need to take into account list needs as well as injuries that may have cruelled a players career once drafted.

There’s already talk of allowing the trading of ‘spare’ salary cap for draft picks … Blair will be all over this and preparing the books for a raid on picks.

For example Sydney want to retain Hayward end of this year but can’t afford to match the $800k / season being offered. We are in rebuild and have cap space to burn. We give Sydney $500k a year for 3-years in return for their 1st rounder. We get a top draft pick, Sydney retains Hayward.

I’ve got no doubt this will come in within 2-years, as the AFL is looking for mechanisms to speed up a bottom team’s ability to rebuild.

They’ve already allowed the salary dump of Bowes and pick-7 to Geelong, so this type of solution isn’t much different.

Bookmark it … and we will be there to take advantage by clearing out the books this year and next.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yeah, I heard they where thinking of allowing dropping salary cap for bottom teams from 95 percent max to 92 or 90 which would be handy

We can talk tough on contracted players. But Baker is out of contract. We don’t have the whip hand in any negotiations for uncontracted players or free agents. D Rioli who is contracted until 2027 different story.

If they offer crud for Baker we can reject the offer and we would… but we can’t reject a reasonable offer (ie pick 10-15), as then we will massively piss off Baker and he could walk to pre-season draft and we get nothing.

Blair always gets a fair deal for us. Relax people. And before Butlers name is thrown at me, we HAD to trade him and got what we could in a bad situation

Because he's been BOG 3 weeks in a row in their magoos yet they're not playing him the seniors obviously because their younger mids are doing so well now. I think they're seding him a message that's he's in their best 22 anymore.

View attachment 1989309
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Seems fair

whats wrong with giving a 30 year old captain and #1 Ruckman 2 years
Also timing seems to line up well with Ryan’s development with the word he’s going to get another 3 years with us

Looks like we have a ruck transition plan in place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Luke Parker is such a nuffie call.

Get pick 1 + another 3 picks in the top 20 and hit the draft HARD.

Give Yze a fair chance at coaching

Nank reportedly offered a 2 year deal…typical

Lol why in the world would we not give Nankervis a 2-year deal?

I’m not ready for us to rely on Mate Colina, Hayes-Brown Samson Ryan, and Naismith as our ruck group. I can see Nankervis remain in the top 2 (or even 1st) over the next two years.

Can we do Baker and Graham to West Coast for their first rounder and maybe throw some 3rd rounder?
Then we either keep that pick or try and get GC’s 2 first rounders.
The dream would be we get Jagga Smith and Finn O’Sullivan and it’d be a great result of who goes out of the club and who comes in. Or spread our chances and grab one of those 2 with our 1st pick then try and grab one of the Whitlock bros or a slider. Hope we play some hardball and use some of the goodwill we’ve built up over the years from letting players go for 4th or 5th round picks.

Can we do Baker and Graham to West Coast for their first rounder and maybe throw some 3rd rounder?
Then we either keep that pick or try and get GC’s 2 first rounders.
Congratulations you have the record
14 years on bigfooty
1815 posts
only 7 likes

Your last post has just explained why !

Lynch basically rarely plays for us , if we could get a 20ish pic we could use that to trade in a decent kid ready to go that’s off contract
Disagree with trading Lynch but he is the perfect example of how a mid season trade period would be of use (even though I’m not in favour).

Far more value in him when a team sees its deficiencies on the eve of finals. They will pay overs for a sugar hit game changer like Tom.

The more of his salary we pay, the better the pick we’d get back. Pay no salary and no team could afford him. Pay $400k get pick 35. Pay $800k get pick-25. Pay the whole $1.2m get pick-15.

That’s how it will work.

Might be a better deal than that for us I think?

Geelong took Bowes on about 600k and netted a 1st rounder for it.

If we're paying Lynch's full wage it should be a top pick for sure.

Anyone on here from WA that follows the WAFL? I was just looking thru the west coast list and they seem to have more than enough young ruckman. Can’t see Naismith getting another year. Any of them worth a look?

Anyone on here from WA that follows the WAFL? I was just looking thru the west coast list and they seem to have more than enough young ruckman. Can’t see Naismith getting another year. Any of them worth a look?
If we're going to go out and get a young ruck from another club then Ned Moyle from GC or Nick Bryan from Essendon would be the two I'd look at.

Saints are clearly chasing a quality key defender and are willing to offer up life changing money

They should be coming for Balta, in a shit side, playing forward, right to time to come for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back