List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Naismith RIP, Ryan too skinny is now our ruck depth. Balta is better KPD. I'd rather Balta & Gibcus as KPDs with Miller & Young next in line. Lobb is a servicable ruck.

Kosi was a mistake. Le Fau has been a revelation, but a bit green to build a forward line around, and too short as back up ruck. A Mid season ruck might work for us & or draft other kids as rucks, KPFs.

I have zero confidence in Lynch's durability. If he manages to get back on the park less need for Lobb. If Ryan develops even less need for Lobb.

Stop gap Lobb for 2 years, can't get a game at the Dogs, I'm sure they'd be ecstatic to have him off their hands.

Lobb & Lynch if fit, got a better set up than our current tall fwds/rucks if not, most of the time, Lobb & anther KPF, our first round draft pick.

That’s what the mid-season draft is for. We can get a ruck back-up there.

And can everyone please stop mentioning Lobb. By God why on earth would we go for a 3-club inconsistent forward who’d command decent coin and is in their 30’s? I can’t believe people think this would be a wise move.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lobb averages 11 disposals 4 marks 1.9 contested marks & 1 goal a game for his career. For a guy that is 207cm & 106kg that is disappointing and not something we should be looking at bringing in. I'd rather we trial draftees alongside Balta & Lefau, especially as we could get ourselves a highly rated young KPF in the draft at seasons end and while many have put a line through Koschitzke I'd still like to see him get an extended opportunity with our best side running around on the field before putting a solid line through his name.
Pies will be all over him, be a good get

Pick 3 will become pick 4, pick 8 will become pick 10 and that’s ok. Have a look at Freo’s draw. In the next 5 weeks the play Pies, Dees, Dogs, Suns and Swans. They then have 3 winnable games and finish with Bombers, Cats, Giants and Port. Their first pick could be as high as 6, their ladder position flatters their performance even we smashed them. The players I want the Eagles to draft fall around the picks Freo are likely to end up with but obviously this discussion will become far more relevant when we know what those picks are. If I had to put money on it after bids I’d say Freo’s picks end up 7, 15 and 21 which if the opportunity presented itself I’d trade you for pick 4 if the Tigers had a high end player in mind.
Agree to disagree

Freo wont have a [ick inside 10 after bids imo

Sorry if I'm a touch late to the party here- but did anyone listen to Daniel Rioli's press conference as part of the lead up to Dreamtime at the G?

From 5:50 onwards:
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1716175137001

Couldn't have been less convincing if he tried.. might be time to get your head around a Richmond side with no D. Rioli.

Sorry if I'm a touch late to the party here- but did anyone listen to Daniel Rioli's press conference as part of the lead up to Dreamtime at the G?

From 5:50 onwards:
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1716175137001

Couldn't have been less convincing if he tried.. might be time to get your head around a Richmond side with no D. Rioli.
Wow, I heard it very differently to you then.

Dan is not and never has been a comfortable person behind the mic. He was blindsided with a question about his future, and to a certain extent doesn't pack the media-savvy acumen to brush it off without sounding a bit hesitant.

In fact, when he settled into the second push by that media bloke looking for a gotcha moment, Dan actually handled it beautifully - "I'm not here to talk about my future, I want to talk about something really special, Dreamtime At The G". That's about as emphatic as Dan Rioli will probably ever get.

If you want to keep buying into the muckraking of those gutter footy reporters then knock yourself out. But just know that parroting all of their speculation (which THEY contrived themselves - this is not sourced from anyone at the club in any way, shape or form) doesn't do the club any good at all.

Dan is not and never has been a comfortable person behind the mic. He was blindsided with a question about his future, and to a certain extent doesn't pack the media-savvy acumen to brush it off without sounding a bit hesitant.

In fact, when he settled into the second push by that media bloke looking for a gotcha moment, Dan actually handled it beautifully - "I'm not here to talk about my future, I want to talk about something really special, Dreamtime At The G". That's about as emphatic as Dan Rioli will probably ever get.

If you want to keep buying into the muckraking of those gutter footy reporters then knock yourself out. But parroting all of their speculation doesn't do the club any good.
Why wouldnt he just say im a contracted player and very much happy and love the club and have no intention to play else where.

That would have shut up all speculation for the rest to the year , Now he will just keep getting ask same questions

Why wouldnt he just say im a contracted player and very much happy and love the club and have no intention to play else where.

That would have shut up all speculation for the rest to the year , Now he will just keep getting ask same questions
He did say he was contracted until 2027, he loves the club and the Tiger Army and that his focus is on helping the club get better as a young leader. He was pretty emphatic about it, which to me says right now he's staying.

Now things could change and like any player on our list if you're not buying in to the long term then please request a trade and move on.

Nobody is bigger than the club and we should always do what is best for the club/list, not what is popular with fans

Well, he kinda did, within his own restricted ability to articulate when under pressure.

But like I said, if you want to keep validating all those gutter level reporters in white anting our club by parroting their contrived bulls**t then knock yourself out.

Agree to disagree

Freo wont have a [ick inside 10 after bids imo
All that matters is the pick number prior to the draft. The bids don't really effect anything except the end number that the kid was taken at. What makes the bids unfair is that clubs who finish low enough can take a top pick and then get their academy player for the net result of a second rounder or so when they are a top 10 talent.

Hypothetically for this year let's say North go into the draft with pick 1 and we have pick 2. North use pick 1 and bid on Ashcroft and the 2 Camporele boys, those picks are matched and then North takes a different kid. Our pick is now numbered at pick 4 but we still have the second selection in the draft to kids that are not tied to other clubs through academies and F/S

Well, he kinda did, within his own restricted ability to articulate when under pressure.

But like I said, if you want to keep validating all those gutter level reporters in white anting our club by parroting their contrived bulls**t then knock yourself out.
Isn’t that the truth, we regularly complain about the current state of the afl media but at the same time do nothing but feed the machine and buy into every bit of shit they publish

Even if we are sharing the content by complaining about it the content it still generates more traffic to them meaning they won’t change the tactics they are using

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to keep buying into the muckraking of those gutter footy reporters then knock yourself out. But just know that parroting all of their speculation (which THEY contrived themselves - this is not sourced from anyone at the club in any way, shape or form) doesn't do the club any good at all.
Interview does display the respect that Players have for Hardwick .The gesture of allowing D Rioli to live with his family for three years display the level of commitment that Hardwick had for Richmond.Yes l know that Hardwick made a career coach decision to leave but he has left a remarkable legacy at the Richmond football club.

Also, what if Baker does stay?? Where do people think we can get extra R1 draft picks? (Don’t mention trading Rioli or any needed contracted players)

He did say he was contracted until 2027, he loves the club and the Tiger Army and that his focus is on helping the club get better as a young leader. He was pretty emphatic about it, which to me says right now he's staying.

Now things could change and like any player on our list if you're not buying in to the long term then please request a trade and move on.

Nobody is bigger than the club and we should always do what is best for the club/list, not what is popular with fans
I agree with this. From my perspective, he sounded like he loves the club and doesn’t want to leave. But if he can’t play ‘happy’ footy then he might find somewhere that will allow him to do that. honesty, if we keep putting up performances like the past 2 weeks, I would not blame him for having a fresh start somewhere.

My biggest concern is Essendon…

Honestly I don’t see him going to a boring club like the Suns, no Dreamtime, no KGI. Like I said in a previous post. Dan Rioli means more to the club than just a footy player, he is the glue that holds the Indigenous programs together between the club and players. Also, reading Cotch’s book and Rioli played a big part in started the culture at Richmond in the 2017 preseason.

He has developed into a great person and has leadership qualities that should see him as VC over Short.

And finally, trading Rioli will cause a ripple effect at the club, does M.Rioli stay? Does he continue to develop? Does Bolton pack it up and ask for a trade? Trading Rioli will do way more harm to the club than good imo.

All that matters is the pick number prior to the draft. The bids don't really effect anything except the end number that the kid was taken at. What makes the bids unfair is that clubs who finish low enough can take a top pick and then get their academy player for the net result of a second rounder or so when they are a top 10 talent.

Hypothetically for this year let's say North go into the draft with pick 1 and we have pick 2. North use pick 1 and bid on Ashcroft and the 2 Camporele boys, those picks are matched and then North takes a different kid. Our pick is now numbered at pick 4 but we still have the second selection in the draft to kids that are not tied to other clubs through academies and F/S
Exactly.

I agree with this. From my perspective, he sounded like he loves the club and doesn’t want to leave. But if he can’t play ‘happy’ footy then he might find somewhere that will allow him to do that. honesty, if we keep putting up performances like the past 2 weeks, I would not blame him for having a fresh start somewhere.

My biggest concern is Essendon…

Honestly I don’t see him going to a boring club like the Suns, no Dreamtime, no KGI. Like I said in a previous post. Dan Rioli means more to the club than just a footy player, he is the glue that holds the Indigenous programs together between the club and players. Also, reading Cotch’s book and Rioli played a big part in started the culture at Richmond in the 2017 preseason.

He has developed into a great person and has leadership qualities that should see him as VC over Short.

And finally, trading Rioli will cause a ripple effect at the club, does M.Rioli stay? Does he continue to develop? Does Bolton pack it up and ask for a trade? Trading Rioli will do way more harm to the club than good imo.
I don't think we want to trade him but we also wouldn't stand in his way either.

I know the club has tried to get Todd Marshall in the past. Is a quality player on his day, hasn’t really set the world afire this year. Has attributes the club could use while transitioning into our next KPF. Could do a Graham + pick 40ish for Marshall trade.
He was a free agent end of this year before he re-signed. So no chance

Also, what if Baker does stay?? Where do people think we can get extra R1 draft picks? (Don’t mention trading Rioli or any needed contracted players)
We have a swathe of second and third rounders and will likely get at least one more for Graham leaving. We'll be packaging up a bunch to teams like Brisbane, Carlton and/or Adelaide so they get points for their father/son players, and we get their first rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back