Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would not surprise me if North Melbourne don’t chuck another few hundred thousand dollars towards Kelly to get him to come this year instead of next.

Polec and Kelly wouyld still be very nice get in one off season.

Do you really think Richmond who took CCJ a fair bit earlier at #20 than he was predicted to go would let him go at a reasonable asking price with a year to run on his initial draft contract. Given he showed quite a bit in the VFL this season I doubt he'd come cheap and at this point he's more a Forward/Ruck than a Ruck/Forward.
No, probably not. But CCJ came to mind, and we should be aiming higher than Z. Smith (if indeed there is any interest there).

I think we are, Smith would be brought in as a stop gap whilst we find one. I think Jacobs dropped off quicker than expected and ROB’s shoulder left us high and dry and uncertain if he can carry the load going forward.

Wouldn’t surprise if we take Chol or another rookie as a long term development option, Smith to cover if Jacobs/ROB are struggling.
I like the Look of Chol more for ruck than forward, 200 cm that can jump, Think a poor mans Nick Nat. Get him now and Smith, Smith fills the "Sauce needs help" roll and train Chol for Ruck and keep Rob working on his craft and we get a couple of young bucks competing for the number 1 roll. If they can both improve their kicking they could work a tandem roll 2020/21 as ruck forwards as JJ and Sauce /Smith retire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith will be 29 next year. IMO, we should be looking at long-term ruck fixes
Ruckmen mature later .... Mumford is looking to play next year at 33 .... reckon Mumfords best years were since 29

IMO reckon we “could” see the best in the next 3 years

Not really. I doubt we will see more than 1 or 2 trades tomorrow.
After initially thinking the McGovern trade would occur on the last day or so, I now think that it might happen sooner rather than later. This trade would obviously be a very important component in any attempt to maneuver our way into the top-3, and we need (if that's what we are planning) to beat Port to the punch. What do y'all think about the likely timing of the McGovern trade?

After initially thinking the McGovern trade would occur on the last day or so, I now think that it might happen sooner rather than later. This trade would obviously be a very important component in any attempt to maneuver our way into the top-3, and we need (if that's what we are planning) to beat Port to the punch. What do y'all think about the likely timing of the McGovern trade?

We can trade picks after trade period now so it shouldn’t really matter if it does happen later in the trade period.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah you’d rather be tried than languish. We don’t do that do we?
We do, definitely, but instead of trying to find out whether your kids are good they go and buy more.

We probably let our guys 'develop' too long but it seems to work

I don’t subscribe to this theory to get it done early so that we can concentrate on upgrading picks.

Fact is McGovern is a key component in us attempting to upgrade our draft order and what we get for him will be key in trying to move up. There is no reason why Carlton cannot be brought into the convesation on a 3 team trade with say GC for us to move up the draft order, once all the parties are happy with the outcome you make a trade. McGovern deal does not have to be done before we move onto another deal. This is David Noble’s spin on the Dangerfield trade. McGovern is an integral part of us possibly moving up the draft order. He becomes part of that deal and you don’t trade him unless the rest of the dominoes are lined up and ready to fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back