Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the process works the other way around. We look at our talent order and compare it to how we think the top dozen or so will go. We're confident we can drop back a little bit and still get our man. Then we see if the risk is worth it by assessing what might be available a few spots earlier later in the draft. I think you can be confident predicting picks early in the draft but that quickly evaporates as you finish the first and head into the rest of the draft.
We'll agree to disagree.

Remember when they signed up Hartlett for 5 years and then tried to offload him only no one wanted him?
Remember when they signed up Wingard on big dollars and then tried to off load him only....
Remember when they signed up Rockliff for 5 years and then tried....

Smart they are not

How big were the contracts Lobbe, Trengove and Butcher were on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've read this a few times on big footy but nowhere else, do you have a link?
Closest I could find on a link, it's why I said apparently ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-21/the-next-eddie-crows-eye-tiger-small-forward

The Tigers are believed to be keen to keep Stengle at the club, with the likelihood of a two-year deal to be put forward, but Stengle has put his call on hold until Richmond's finals campaign is over with the belief he is ready to play regular senior football.

It means they want him to stay which absolutely impacts what we'll need to pay.
He's not gonna sign the contract though, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if he doesn't sign there and since he's a rookie, doesn't he automatically become a DFA? Then we just get him for free?

I wonder whether we would have actually rested Sauce this year if ROB, Hunter or Dear were available. There remains a fair chance that he'd have chosen to play through it anyway. I thought Himmelberg looked ok in the ruck, but can understand him not being physically ready to play too much game time in there. With another preseason in him perhaps him and JJ could share ruck/forward duties if Sauce remains s**t.

If the inclusion of a break glass ruck is telling us anything, it's most likely that we would have looked at it at some point last season. Even if it was just ending Sauces season the moment we weren't mathematically possible of making it.

Hunter and Dear were never in the conversation regardless. Both are much closer to being delisted (i'm pretty sure Harry has been) then an AFL call up. Himmelberg would be seen as the heir apparent to Jenkins right now. Seems more a forward who can pinch hit then a genuine ruck.

A late 2nd rounder for Chol and Stengle is fair I reckon. That pick could be a dud for us anyway.

I guess if we were able to downgrade to your third it's be ok. Both haven't done anything to be worth something worthwhile

He's not gonna sign the contract though, and correct me if I'm wrong, but if he doesn't sign there and since he's a rookie, doesn't he automatically become a DFA? Then we just get him for free?

If he's been offered I contract I doubt he'll end up a DFA. But the rookie thing might result in a different result. Might depend on whether he's been offered a main list spot or more rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back