Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when they signed up Hartlett for 5 years and then tried to offload him only no one wanted him?
Remember when they signed up Wingard on big dollars and then tried to off load him only....
Remember when they signed up Rockliff for 5 years and then tried....

Smart they are not
RiqxKXr.jpg

What will you guys give us for Stengle, I rate him above Shai Bolton.I think a pick around 55 would be fair.

After dealing with Carlton f**kwits and their demands, your posting is refreshing.

If the same player was at Carlton they would be demanding a top 20 pick.

Depends on whether a rumor we have interest in Mabior Chol is accurate.
Chol has got potential but he's been taking a while to learn the game, and ends up under the ball alot like Mason Cox.He's down the pecking order at the moment so we will trade him for a pick I reckon.He's got all the attributes but he's no Allir Allir .

I love trade period, just heard a rumour. The rumours pretty interesting but it’s the source that’s the best part for me. So my wife’s hairdresser (boom) trains with a guy who does the GPS trackers for the crows (double boom) and his intel is we are offering JJ and pick 19 to GC for pick 2. Ahh trade period can you never end please....

Despite JJ having a bloody good year and actually looking like a big man, you'd do that in a heartbeat.

I'd agree.

Stengle is a good get seeing he's a very cheap prospect who'll either become a top line small forward (seeing his offensive game sounds rather advanced) or bomb entirely (seeing he's not that flash defensively). Which is the kind of prospect I love for a 3rd/4th pick.

Smith is just time wasting, and hopefully is just a break glass in case Jacobs doesn't have a weird revival and ROB gets injured again.

I wonder whether we would have actually rested Sauce this year if ROB, Hunter or Dear were available. There remains a fair chance that he'd have chosen to play through it anyway. I thought Himmelberg looked ok in the ruck, but can understand him not being physically ready to play too much game time in there. With another preseason in him perhaps him and JJ could share ruck/forward duties if Sauce remains s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will you guys give us for Stengle, I rate him above Shai Bolton.I think a pick around 55 would be fair.

I would look at something like

As things sit right now, we have....

We have 19 and you have 18. Pointless switching
We have 37 and you have 38. Pointless switching

We have pick 68 and you have 72 - I doubt either wiull be used.

So maybe pick 14 for Stengle and pick 18. That values him about pick 55/56

So would have taking those two picks we spent on Gibbs to the draft. So would have pick 9 by letting Sloane go as an FA. Maybe a late 1st/early second for Lynch.

My point is these decisions aren’t made in isolation. I’d do JJ and 19 for Luko no worries. But I would have let Sloane and Lynch go and I don’t think we will be close to a flag next year.

I reckon if Himmelberg had the required conditioning and played 22 games he'd not be too far behind JJ's goal tally. When we're going well, we kick a fair amount of team goals. Then there's the pick 2 and also Fogarty who don't yet make our 22 unless there's injury. Pretty sure I'm overrating Himmelberg's potential output next year, but I really like what I've seen of him so far.

Oh god no! I think a swap of our 2019 3rd for their 2019 4th

Yes poorly worded.

Grundy had more HO to advantage than both the Eagles rucks combined, but Vardy definitely had him covered around the ground.

Lycett is a solid backup, nothing more..... they are paying typical Port overs.

Yeah Port are getting Lycett because he’s better than the current back up they have for Ryder ie no one

I suspect we are but also need some short term cover. Maybe ROB and Hunter not quite good enough?

I suspect we're tossing up whether Zac Smith, Hunter, or a draftee ruckman is better to have on the list as a third ruck.

It's one of those options. We can't keep Hunter on the rookie list another year, and he's also not very good. A draftee ruck would be useless for several years and we already have O'Brien. So I guess Smith makes some sense, provided we give him a base wage.

I think it also got to a point this year where we were desperate to give Sauce a rest but the only option was Hunter as O'Brien was injured. When it's a choice between a cooked Sauce and a spud in Hunter, you're stuck between two s**t decisions. But with Smith on the list, at least we have a genuine option.

I don't think we would do that.You guys will have to find a pick or take Mabior Chol as well and give us a late second rounder..

Can't see us even considering downgrading a 1st round pick for an uncontracted rookie, it would be total and absolute madness.

Cause he can’t break a tag, he was asking for too much, for too long. I don’t believe we are going to win a flag in the short term, but we have a good list beyond our guys that are 30 and over. So I would have done the mini rebuild and gone again.

I definitely would have traded Lynch and Sloane's ability to be completely ineffective when tagged by an opposition C+ grader is of real concern. I'm hoping that the coaches actually make a change when that's happening rather than sitting him stationary under the ruckman's hand at stoppages. I think injuries to stoppage mids this year made it hard for him to spend too much time outside of inside mid duties.

I definitely would have traded Lynch and Sloane's ability to be completely ineffective when tagged by an opposition C+ grader is of real concern. I'm hoping that the coaches actually make a change when that's happening rather than sitting him stationary under the ruckman's hand at stoppages. I think injuries to stoppage mids this year made it hard for him to spend too much time outside of inside mid duties.
Sloane broke tags last year and this year, dont think itll be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back