Rumour Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Trades/delistings/recruitment

Really disappointed that it looks like we are getting Maric. Dumb footballer, makes poor decisions, gives away cheap free kicks, not a great mark, not special in anything. Might improve at a new club though.

If he is playing for us I will have to back him in.

I for one am, happy to get Maric - will be an instant improvement to our team, and it won't cost us the earth...

I think he'll end up being a much loved cult hero!

Think of it this way.
Collingwood hated Leigh Brown at first, and he was vital in their Premiership.
So, assume that'll be the case with Ivan :D

I for one am, happy to get Maric - will be an instant improvement to our team, and it won't cost us the earth...

I agree. Aggression and his high HTA ratio will be fantastic

"Eeeevvvaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn"

The Crazy Croat. Bring it

I hope this Maric talk is a smokescreen. Has played 74 games:

- Has never recorded over 18 disposals in a game
- Only 3 games with 100+ Supercoach Points
- Averages 2.7 marks a game
- Never had more than 8 kicks in a game
- Never had more 9 marks in a game
- Highest ranking for total hit out is AFL is No.14 in 2009 & 2010
- In 2011 played played only 6 games for 65 disposals.

Everything about Maric is below average apart from his tackles which is not unusual for a Ruckman as the vast majority of tackles are recorded in stoppages.

Would be very disappointed if he came to Richmond

If this is the best that our footy department can do recruiting wise then they should all resign from their jobs and take their talents elsewhere. We dont need this type of recruitment. With RFC its always quantity rather than quality and thats the reason why we never improve. Just shizen IMHO.

If this is the best that our footy department can do recruiting wise then they should all resign from their jobs and take their talents elsewhere. We dont need this type of recruitment. With RFC its always quantity rather than quality and thats the reason why we never improve. Just shizen IMHO.

it is about quality when we are a premiership contender though.

that isn't going to happen for a number of years yet.

I do not see it as a bad move if it enhances Cotch and Concas etc... development for 3-4 years as some suggest is required or so while we get a good ruckman in the background.

like malthouse said, if you are going to trade for a ruckman you need to get a good one , and there are not any available atm. we effectively have 4-5 years to get a good ruckman

Spot on , we don't need someone shorter, lighter and 1 year older than Graham, to replace him .

The problem is no club will be willing to part (without it costing us an arm and a leg) with a quality young or established ruckman and we need to at least get an improvement on what we have now. From all reports Maric can take a mark and hit a target. Something neither graham nor browne can do.

Collingwood will be on the hunt for one too next year with brown gone, jolly on his last legs and wood not up to it. They generally get what they want.

The problem is no club will be willing to part (without it costing us an arm and a leg) with a quality young or established ruckman and we need to at least get an improvement on what we have now. From all reports Maric can take a mark and hit a target. Something neither graham nor browne can do.

Collingwood will be on the hunt for one too next year with brown gone, jolly on his last legs and wood not up to it. They generally get what they want.

that is a defeatist if I every heard a statement. :cool:

RFC is looking for a 10 year ruckman, Collingwood a 3 year ruckman maybe so it will not affect us:confused::confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really not alot on offer when it comes to ruck stocks this year

Unfortunately the only ruckman really available to the tige's are:

Maric and Hampson.

Slim pickings for Movement of Ruckman between clubs..

I would throw a pick and a quality player at Zac Clarke if he was looking for a move being the #2 to Sandilands.

But with Freo looking like they will have to manage the big man's injuries, they may have to start sharing the ruck duties more evenly between the big man and Clarke.

Good luck though, you really need a quality ruckman, room mates a tigers man so watched alot of games this year and Graham unfortunately is as soft as butter, his biggest weakness is his tank. Opposition ruckman tend to run him off his legs and then push forward and Graham is nowhere to be seen.

With the midfield you are putting together, first use of the ball will ensure a finals appearance next season.

Best of luck!

i'm a sceptic of the benefits Maric has to bring, but if he costs nothing or near to nothing, i am ok with having him on the list. But definitely no more than a 2 year deal, and preferably 1. I think we'll learn enough after the 1st year to see whether he is a keeper. But reality says he'd probably be after a 3 year deal (and i'd rather go another year with our current stocks than this)

Maric won't cost us a lot, that's why we're targeting him. It's the Grigg/Houli trades over again. Out of contract, not getting a game, Adelaide can't demand too much.

It's reality champ.

You are missing the point, Collingwood, if they go into the market will want a short term mature ruckman to suit their window, Rfc want a young long term ruckman to suit our window???

Apples and oranges, what Collingwood is virtually irrelevant, when we want a ruckman desperately Collingwoods reign will be over!!

In fact what could happen is Collingwood might get a young up and comer, doubtful, and trade him to us when the end their window and ours start, so it could actually work for us:eek:

if they go for a likely mature ruckman, may not even happen, he will probably be too old by the time our window starts!!

I agree. I think it's a solid get by the tigers and we all think Graham needs a rocket, at worst Maric will be competing for that number 1 ruck position.

Browne is to raw and needs time at Coburg to develop. Derrickx might be the pick of the bunch but he needs to get his body right and get games into him before we know where he is at.

What about trying to pick up Joel Houghton with a late pick or rookie? Was a reasonably talented junior KPF from Astbury/Griff draft year.

I reckon we'd have to use a ND pick on him to get him. I reckon Freo will try and rookie him, they seem to do that a fair bit with injury plagued youngsters like Houghton.

What about trying to pick up Joel Houghton with a late pick or rookie? Was a reasonably talented junior KPF from Astbury/Griff draft year.

Yes, I really liked him. What's been the major injury issues with him?

Depending on his prognosis, he'd be good to rookie if at all possible. Dunno if we could afford another KPF with big injury clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back