Rumour Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Eddie experts got it right when they bagged Miller, Grigg(s) and Houli. I feel in twelve months time this will be a rather astute move. Well done Tigers.

Those suggesting nason for maric are certainly taking the piss, surely???

I expect it will be a player swap but not nason. I am thinking someone with a bit more promise, maybe Connors?

Would hate to see Connors go!

I think he has a future at Richmond.

Those suggesting nason for maric are certainly taking the piss, surely???

I expect it will be a player swap but not nason. I am thinking someone with a bit more promise, maybe Connors?

Nason and our third rounder (55)?

Whatever, it'll get done and sounds like adelaide will be accommodating. Won't be a gift, but you'd think we're unlikely to pay overs

Graham to Port, Pearce to Crows, Ivan to us?

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but reports are that Butcher is about to re-sign. A bit disappointing, but word is Carlton were leading the race anyway.

Just cos Nason is from SA doesn't mean Crows are interested! He is nothing special I don't like his chances of remaining in the AFL.

I agree but in saying that, I think we have many of his type.

We do seem to have a lot of half back flankers - Deledio (should push onto a wing though next year), Batchelor, Newman, Houli, Dea, this Morris guy, Farmer.

Would probably need to re-invent himself as a half forward as I can't see him getting a game above anyone I just listed bar Farmer and Morris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do seem to have a lot of half back flankers - Deledio (should push onto a wing though next year), Batchelor, Newman, Houli, Dea, this Morris guy, Farmer.

Would probably need to re-invent himself as a half forward as I can't see him getting a game above anyone I just listed bar Farmer and Morris.

Agree again but I am not sure the club views him as a forward. I believe he could be a great forward with short stints in the middle which would add to our midfield depth. This would then push Morton even further out I think.

For our premiership with have 3 half back types, Batchelor, Dea and Morris if we get him, with Dea more of a Back Pocket probably if he gets there

Newman would have retired, Farmer isn't good enough, Houli is too short and is really only for short forwards(probably shifted up the ground)..
By the way, connors is not a backman either IMO.

We have a lot of handy players not cutting it in the midfield that are pushed to the backline to get a game so our backline suffers.

That is the truth, without the BS!!

was listening to SEN on the way to uni today, KB was talking to Jon Ralph and they spoke about North Melbourne FB Scott Thompson. Apparently contract talks have not gone too smooth and could be on his way to richmond!

thoughts?

stick him in a back 50 with

Grimes thompson rance
bachar post newman?

moore also apparently had another surgery on his hip 12 days ago, rumoured to maybe retire if he doesnt pull up well.

also in that back 50, it wasnt set in stone, obviously with no batch and astbury there, was just a mock defence.

Maric won't cost us a lot, that's why we're targeting him. It's the Grigg/Houli trades over again. Out of contract, not getting a game, Adelaide can't demand too much.

Reading the rubbish posted on their board they are talking about 2nd round pick :rolleyes:

anything more than a 4th round pick or a fringe player like white,nason i would be extremely dissapointed and feel as though we have been well & truly rogered in the deal.

I would rather go for simpson or west from geelong & also recruit this kid nicholls everybody is on about , Dont know much about him but sounds alot like nicnat,Z.clarke,Daw type of athletic freak also would love to get leif cope another youngster with a rookie pick.

That would be 4 ruckman 21 or under surely 1 will become a decent ruckman.

GET RID OF GRAHAM ....................... TOTALL DUD

was listening to SEN on the way to uni today, KB was talking to Jon Ralph and they spoke about North Melbourne FB Scott Thompson. Apparently contract talks have not gone too smooth and could be on his way to richmond!

thoughts?

stick him in a back 50 with

Grimes thompson rance
bachar post newman?

Just had a look at his age 25, too old for additions for us.

Rance is better and younger, and doesn't he fix our CHB problems.

Didn't go well versus St Kilda so definite no for me, open and shut

BTW that full back line is far to top heavy

NO SHORT CUTS!!!

we want a 5 year premiership window stretch if we can and thompson can't help us in that regard. Also has little upside so no value in a trade for him. Would set our premiership aspirations backwards more than likely

Would we really want Thompson? I guess that could allow Rance to play CHB maybe???

If we did go for him, I would think we would fairwell atleast 2 KPD's on our list. Maybe McGuane and Thursty?

The more I think about it, the more I believe it, we have stated we need a strong KPD and a ruckman. I wouldnt be opposed to it if he is considered an upgrade on what we have, bearing in mind the club may already have outside interest in some of our talls.

Re: Trades/delistings/recruitment

What about trying to pick up Joel Houghton with a late pick or rookie? Was a reasonably talented junior KPF from Astbury/Griff draft year.

I was very keen on Houghton at draft time. Think he is def worth a look for a late pick/rookie pick.

Really do not see the need for Thompson. He's not any taller or bigger than most of our developing defenders and doesn't exactly have a pile of runs on the board. Have faith in our guys. We have a surplus of defenders at the moment, all showing good signs. Ruck is the only position we need to trade for. Maric sounds good, even better if we can squeeze Nicholls in as well. Would be ideal. Nason has been delisted so you can forget him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back