Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve named the right guy at the start of that group. He‘s already the leader elevating the standards. Off winning the b&f, his come back fitter, stronger & by the look of it, he even invested in a torture rack to make himself taller.

What an example he is setting for the new kids. Kerch, Duurs & Hards, just follow this guy around and do whatever he does.
I hope that we play Sheez still in the backline but in a role that gives him the freedom to roam up the ground like we saw through the middle and later parts of the season. He is too important there until we get Logue back and can develop Bergman and Hardeman to be bigger, more experienced defenders.

Not sure if it’s typical for this stage of pre-season on a Saturday morning, but the young group were all down at Middle Park Beach on my morning run/walk! I’d like to think this is a new level of professionalism, standard setting, camaraderie the group is building that will drive us up the ladder quickly.

Sheezel, Larkey, Simpkin, LDU, LMac, Will Phil, Goater, Harvey, Archer, Logue, Curtis, Hansen, Taylor, McKercher, Goad, Hardeman, Duursma, Stephenson, W Dawson, Lazarro - the names I can recall seeing I trotted past!

Go Roos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fair chunk of them including Simpkin, LDU, Will Phil, Zurhaar, Logue, Tucker all live between Albert Park and Elwood. Sheez is still at home but nearby.

At odds with the 00’s crew who all lived Northern suburbs (Petrie, Boomer, Spud, Thompson, Narni etc)

I assume of few of the new draftee’s might be rooming with them for a few days, showing the country boys and interstate boys where they might like to setup.

Not sure if it’s typical for this stage of pre-season on a Saturday morning, but the young group were all down at Middle Park Beach on my morning run/walk! I’d like to think this is a new level of professionalism, standard setting, camaraderie the group is building that will drive us up the ladder quickly.

Sheezel, Larkey, Simpkin, LDU, LMac, Will Phil, Goater, Harvey, Archer, Logue, Curtis, Hansen, Taylor, McKercher, Goad, Hardeman, Duursma, Stephenson, W Dawson, Lazarro - the names I can recall seeing I trotted past!

Go Roos!

Taylor was just there for his Saturday morning instagram shoot!

I hope that we play Sheez still in the backline but in a role that gives him the freedom to roam up the ground like we saw through the middle and later parts of the season. He is too important there until we get Logue back and can develop Bergman and Hardeman to be bigger, more experienced defenders.

The more I hear, it's sheez fwd and mckerch will be taking his hb spot... at this stage...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Go Roos!

I don't believe you. I believe everyone else who keeps posting he's not captain material.

Last edited:

Awesome to see so many of the boys there supporting the girls. Tell you what, I’d be interested to see who didn’t attend this and next week. Good sign of who is invested.

Every single player should be at next weeks grand final

Whatever sunday arvo plans they have cancel them

Awesome to see so many of the boys there supporting the girls. Tell you what, I’d be interested to see who didn’t attend this and next week. Good sign of who is invested.

I’d be disappointed if supporters jumped to this conclusion would be an ill-informed and narrow-minded assumption.

I’d be disappointed if supporters jumped to this conclusion would be an ill-informed and narrow-minded assumption.
Not sure if I agree.

Can guarantee that rain hail or shine Sheez, Souv, Wardlaw, Jy, LMac (and others) are there for the biggest game in a long time for our football club. Obviously there are always circumstances, but I think not showing the effort (when they haven’t previously either) tells a lot.

I’d be surprised if Viney and Clarkson weren’t taking notice of who is showing support and who isn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, but I reckon most if not all will be there. Clarko is massive on the idea of buy in and a one club mindset, so I expect he'll drop a 2 ton hint on the lads that it's in their best interest to go. Hell he'll probably hand them each their ticket.

Not sure if I agree.

Can guarantee that rain hail or shine Sheez, Souv, Wardlaw, Jy, LMac (and others) are there for the biggest game in a long time for our football club. Obviously there are always circumstances, but I think not showing the effort (when they haven’t previously either) tells a lot.

I’d be surprised if Viney and Clarkson weren’t taking notice of who is showing support and who isn’t.
I just don’t think you can draw a clear cut line that if a player is at the match it means he’s invested and if a player isn’t there it means he’s not invested. The players you mention who are often at the AFLW games do appear to be fully invested but it’s an assumption. I also think it’s a fair assumption that some players may also attend AFLW games because it’s the right thing to do or they just want to hang out with the boys.

On the flip side if a player isn’t in attendance it can also mean that they aren’t invested as your suggesting or that they have another commitment such as family, friends, study etc. There are far too many grey areas to assume; at the game = invested and not at the game = not invested.

We should be proud that so many of our men’s team turn out and support the women’s team on a regular basis and leave it at that and not turn it into another opportunity to judge individual players. I’m sure most, if not all, of the men’s team will be there for such a momentous occasion next week.

Last edited:
I just don’t think you can draw a clear cut line that if a player is at the match it means he’s invested and if a player isn’t there it means he’s not invested. The players you mention who are often at the AFLW games do appear to be fully invested but it’s an assumption. I also think it’s a fair assumption that some players may also attend AFLW games because it’s the right thing to do or they just want to hang out with the boys. On the flip side if a player isn’t in attendance it can also mean that they aren’t invested as your suggesting or that they have another commitment such as family, friends, study etc. There are far too many grey areas to assume; at the game = invested and not at the game = not invested.

We should be proud that so many of our men’s team turn out and support the women’s team on a regular basis and leave it at that and not turn it into another opportunity to judge individual players. I’m sure most, if not all, of the men’s team will be there for such a momentous occasion next week.
Fair points and agree with a lot of what you’ve said. It’s awesome that we had such a presence (tbh all season it’s been pretty good).

I suppose I’m simply saying, it’s interesting that a Sheezel and Souv is always there, whilst a Tarryn is never.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back