Roast Training standards / skills and fitness

Remove this Banner Ad

We have the smallest midfield. Actually dont understand what we do at training.

Swans have a small midfield.

Problem is we don't apply pressure and players drop their heads.

Also the fitness regime of the off-season was to run marathons it seems and no one got in the gym.

We recruited runners too.

Meanwhile the competition moved away from running up and down the ground and shifted towards applying heaps of pressure with bigger bodies.

The game will change again but the program was behind the curve and that is a collective failure of the football department and you do wonder if the players are demoralized because of it but I nonetheless still blame them because dropping your head like they do is crap.

Anyway we need to be ahead of the curve and get everyone on the same page. I don't think mass sackings gets us anywhere.

Swans have a small midfield.

Problem is we don't apply pressure and players drop their heads.

Also the fitness regime of the off-season was to run marathons it seems and no one got in the gym.

We recruited runners too.

Meanwhile the competition moved away from running up and down the ground and shifted towards applying heaps of pressure with bigger bodies.

The game will change again but the program was behind the curve and that is a collective failure of the football department and you do wonder if the players are demoralized because of it but I nonetheless still blame them because dropping your head like they do is crap.

Anyway we need to be ahead of the curve and get everyone on the same page. I don't think mass sackings gets us anywhere.

Superb post. Nailed the current game style and what we have at our disposal.

Who chooses or organises the training and gym regimes at our club anyways?

Before they got rid of player weights 🙄 I saw that we were the lightest and skinniest team in the afl by a mile.

I agree with the mindset being important but we all know the bigger and stronger you feel and look the more intensity and confidence in your application (tackling) because you know you’re not going to get pushed off and intimidated easily

I can’t imagine any team coming up against us rn and being worried that we’re going to be too strong lol we can barely take a contested mark this year as we get pushed out so so easy

Many years ago I was watching a doco on the NBA, not that I give a shite about basketball, but I have an interest in basket cases it would so seem.

This lovely chap was talking about the main aim is to remain on the roster, ensures great money without needing to play. Now we haven't reached those levels.

But take LDU, who hasn't really got the best out of himself, but will command a mil per season in 2026. Which would suggest whatever he's doing is clearly enough.

Stephenson, getting 700k to play VFL, hardly a hard luck story.

So some clubs may well be able to demand 100% effort, others will be there to ensure the players have a good life once they get the arse after 4/5 years.
You could go one further The acurate one and check out the Carlos Kaiser story …

Remove this Banner Ad

Back