Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

Zurhaar better sleep with one eye open tonight lmao

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The pink boots adds insult to injury.

The training approach used by Noble is very similar to mission-type tactics.

In mission-type tactics, the military commander gives subordinate leaders a clearly defined goal (the objective), the forces needed to accomplish that goal and a time frame within which the goal must be reached. The subordinate leaders then implement the order independently. The subordinate leader is given, to a large extent, the planning initiative and a freedom in execution which allows a high degree of flexibility at the operational and tactical levels of command. Mission-type orders free the higher leadership from tactical details.

Long story-short, it is a very effective leadership and training style with proven results if done correctly. Looking forward to seeing the results of it.
There is a lot of how you fight bush fires in that too. What Roos talks about is how the best of what we do works. I was also gonna mention the idea of "extreme ownership" too. Having every player try to take "extreme ownership" of trying to win a flag is an interesting idea.

Footy is quick, chaotic and has regular momentum swings that change the way the game flows. Even with the best runners and coaching set ups its still alot slower to convey messages than to have your own players recognising situations and responding competently, and confidently, on field.

And the point of all this rambling (is there a point to all this? Lets find a point) is can some regular training watchers, SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay, and Flawed Genius both make good reports, a few others too, do youse see any sign of this sort of thing?

Like "buy-In" or whatever. How much does the group drive its own improvement? Can you get any handle on that?

We talk about how driven Jy seems, and Will Phillips talked that sort of thing up as well. Its obvious Luke McDonald has brought into that idea and Garner as well. Is that attitude becoming more infectious on the training track?

The training approach used by Noble is very similar to mission-type tactics.

In mission-type tactics, the military commander gives subordinate leaders a clearly defined goal (the objective), the forces needed to accomplish that goal and a time frame within which the goal must be reached. The subordinate leaders then implement the order independently. The subordinate leader is given, to a large extent, the planning initiative and a freedom in execution which allows a high degree of flexibility at the operational and tactical levels of command. Mission-type orders free the higher leadership from tactical details.

Long story-short, it is a very effective leadership and training style with proven results if done correctly. Looking forward to seeing the results of it.

It's actually the sort of inane spruik that a non football board would buy in order to fix up their * ups.

Paul Roos is the Deepak Chopra of the AFL.

There is a lot of how you fight bush fires in that too. What Roos talks about is how the best of what we do works. I was also gonna mention the idea of "extreme ownership" too. Having every player try to take "extreme ownership" of trying to win a flag is an interesting idea.

Footy is quick, chaotic and has regular momentum swings that change the way the game flows. Even with the best runners and coaching set ups its still alot slower to convey messages than to have your own players recognising situations and responding competently, and confidently, on field.

And the point of all this rambling (is there a point to all this? Lets find a point) is can some regular training watchers, SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay, and Flawed Genius both make good reports, a few others too, do youse see any sign of this sort of thing?

Like "buy-In" or whatever. How much does the group drive its own improvement? Can you get any handle on that?

We talk about how driven Jy seems, and Will Phillips talked that sort of thing up as well. Its obvious Luke McDonald has brought into that idea and Garner as well. Is that attitude becoming more infectious on the training track?

Bit hard to provide that level of detail leaning over the fence.

As I've said before Noble is lots less hands on from what I've seen. Given Shaw was literally doing drills and playing match practice, it is going to be a change.

Line coaches and assistants driving things. Players have spoken about assistsnts wanting them to build really tight bonds within their unit, be it midfield or forwards or draft year.

Certainly Noble doesn't miss anything. One match sim he was hiding behind a goal post watching, Polec had some real quality hard second and third efforts and Nobes sprang out and ran on to congratulate and encourage him and point out how it was what he had specifically wanted from polly and how glad he was polly had delivered.

Kids we've drafted ooze what you're describing. But too early to tell if can be said for whole group.

As I've said before Noble is lots less hands on from what I've seen. Given Shaw was literally doing drills and playing match practice, it is going to be a change.

Line coaches and assistants driving things. Players have spoken about assistsnts wanting them to build really tight bonds within their unit, be it midfield or forwards or draft year.

Certainly Noble doesn't miss anything. One match sim he was hiding behind a goal post watching, Polec had some real quality hard second and third efforts and Nobes sprang out and ran on to congratulate and encourage him and point out how it was what he had specifically wanted from polly and how glad he was polly had delivered.

Kids we've drafted ooze what you're describing. But too early to tell if can be said for whole group.

@TheZiebull must be broken

I like the fantasy in my head that the players don't know where Nobes is at any given time but will appear out of no where to compliment or give further advice, soon as they look away he disappears.

I like the fantasy in my head that the players don't know where Nobes is at any given time but will appear out of no where to compliment or give further advice, soon as they look away he disappears.
Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it was kind of like that lol.

Interesting doing team photo day without the leadership group and captaincy being confirmed yet

They will probably do a shoot when the group is revealed

They will probably do a shoot when the group is revealed

Yeah but if they are doing the full team photo today it’s gonna look awkward if JZ is sitting next to the coach but ends up not being voted captain same as if Lmac or Jy are standing in a row above but are voted captain

Yeah but if they are doing the full team photo today it’s gonna look awkward if JZ is sitting next to the coach but ends up not being voted captain same as if Lmac or Jy are standing in a row above but are voted captain

Fair enough

Just take a photo of everyone standing next to the coach.

Ziebell will 100% be captain for 2021.
I was saying this as soon as the s**t went down with Shaw. We need at least some sort of stability. Don’t burden Luke or Jy with the captaincy - of what is currently a cellar dweller of a side - immediately after coming off their best seasons for the club.
I’m happy for some sort of eventual handover to be put in place, but I’d think Brady, Nobes & the playing group would see Ziebell as the one leading us this season.

Ziebell will 100% be captain for 2021.
I was saying this as soon as the sh*t went down with Shaw. We need at least some sort of stability. Don’t burden Luke or Jy with the captaincy - of what is currently a cellar dweller of a side - immediately after coming off their best seasons for the club.
I’m happy for some sort of eventual handover to be put in place, but I’d think Brady, Nobes & the playing group would see Ziebell as the one leading us this season.

100% agree.

Clarkson had Richie Vandenberg as skipper for his 1st 3 seasons before handing over to the new guard in Mitchell-Hodge.

Would imagine we'll have a similar situation in Ziebell transitioning to McDonald/Simpkin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back