Training Training Thread - News & Live Reports II

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised about the Hayden turnover, immaculate pressure by spicer and a perfectly weighted kick. The defending from the skipper was 🤢 though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not surprised about the Hayden turnover, immaculate pressure by spicer and a perfectly weighted kick. The defending from the skipper was 🤢 though

Still baffles me the Ziebell to defence thing atm

we lose brown don’t replace him with a tall and decide one of our few marking targets should go back

at least start him forward and if he’s out of form then go to defence

we lose brown don’t replace him with a tall and decide one of our few marking targets should go back

I’m still not fully convinced that he could be a good addition in our backline, I know I’m just judging off one clip but he can’t be trailing the forward by 10m. Especially in high intensity games where he is fatigued in the 4th quarter which opens up a hole for the opposition to present into.

I just hope there was more vision of him but we’ll see

I’m still not fully convinced that he could be a good addition in our backline, I know I’m just judging off one clip but he can’t be trailing the forward by 10m. Especially in high intensity games where he is fatigued in the 4th quarter which opens up a hole for the opposition to present into.

I just hope there was more vision of him but we’ll see

He was out of position after a turnover. It's not ideal, but that is going to happen to anybody.

He was out of position after a turnover. It's not ideal, but that is going to happen to anybody.

Of course, not saying it won’t happen. That’s why he has to be quick enough to read the play.

But we are replacing brown with a tall.
Thats why we've basically committed to bringing in skinner.

I’m guessing the coaches have come to the conclusion that Zurhaar is a better option forward.

I’m guessing the coaches have come to the conclusion that Zurhaar is a better option forward.
CZ is clearly a better option in terms of forward 50 - his pressure alone makes that argument.

However there is a spot for JZ as high half forward - this will suit JZ far better than hbf.

Anyway no damage done in January and February by trialling JZ in the back half.....just as long as this doesn't continue too far into March.

CZ is clearly a better option in terms of forward 50 - his pressure alone makes that argument.

However there is a spot for JZ as high half forward - this will suit JZ far better than hbf.

Anyway no damage done in January and February by trialling JZ in the back half.....just as long as this doesn't continue too far into March.

I think the fact that he’s played there all preseason means he’s playing there in the season proper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fact that he’s played there all preseason means he’s playing there in the season proper
I am sure that is the intention given that Nobes and JZ have both gone public on it - but pre season still has a ways to go yet.

If JZ stinks it up back there they will not hesitate to move him forward again.

Eddie Ford reminds me of Andrew Embley.

There is a lot of how you fight bush fires in that too. What Roos talks about is how the best of what we do works. I was also gonna mention the idea of "extreme ownership" too. Having every player try to take "extreme ownership" of trying to win a flag is an interesting idea.

Footy is quick, chaotic and has regular momentum swings that change the way the game flows. Even with the best runners and coaching set ups its still alot slower to convey messages than to have your own players recognising situations and responding competently, and confidently, on field.

And the point of all this rambling (is there a point to all this? Lets find a point) is can some regular training watchers, SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay, and Flawed Genius both make good reports, a few others too, do youse see any sign of this sort of thing?

Like "buy-In" or whatever. How much does the group drive its own improvement? Can you get any handle on that?

We talk about how driven Jy seems, and Will Phillips talked that sort of thing up as well. Its obvious Luke McDonald has brought into that idea and Garner as well. Is that attitude becoming more infectious on the training track?

It cannot be a coincidence that Zurhaar came back fitter. Garner apparently has no longer got his guts having over his shorts. The man can play footy, 45 games in 9 years you tell me another club that would be ok with that ( fitness levels)? Well one that isn't EFL Div four I mean.

I was told that some of the delisted were unhappy they weren't afforded an opportunity to change their ways. I mean really, most had be around a very long time.

Free lunches are a thing of the past.

View attachment 1053835
I’m keen on our coach but not the polo lol

No one should ever wear a polo in my humble opinion of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back