Triple J Hottest 100 of the Decade

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a great get with Riptide. Well done.
I've backed Riptide at $7, Hoops at $67 and Royals at $26 because they are 'not without hope'. I expect the Antipodean artists will do well.

I have also backed Hilltop Hoods at $11 and Vance Joy at $23 for most songs. Every Vance song is eligible and he has a handy back catalogue and a history of performing better than most expect. Clearly Riptide makes it, but any of Fire and Flood, Mess is Mine, Georgie, We're Going Home, Lay it on me and I'm with you could jag slots between 50-100 without surprising me in the slightest.
Good point with Vance, see him doing well. How can you check what songs are eligible?

I predict the top 5 will consist of

- Somebody that I used to know
- Royals
- The less I know the better
- Magnolia
- Do I Wanna Know

I doubt the last two have the legs to actually win.

For most songs, I think it's pretty likely Tame Impala and Gang of Youths get 4 each. So most bets will be either vote splitting, or thinking an artist can get 5. Will stay away from this.

On Ladbrokes Innerbloom is at $21, it does have a pretty large amount of support on social media, I’d expect a top 20 or even 10.

Any artist to get 2 or tracks is at $1.75 as well on ladbrokes which definitely seems like overs to me. It’s not much, and the limit would probably mean you’d struggle to actually get anything decent from it, but I’d almost say it’s a certainty that someone will get multiple.

On Ladbrokes Innerbloom is at $21, it does have a pretty large amount of support on social media, I’d expect a top 20 or even 10.

Any artist to get 2 or tracks is at $1.75 as well on ladbrokes which definitely seems like overs to me. It’s not much, and the limit would probably mean you’d struggle to actually get anything decent from it, but I’d almost say it’s a certainty that someone will get multiple.

That’s 2 in the top 10 though.

imo Lorde's cache has dropped off, she got a bit lost in the alternate / pop thing and never really fully appealed to both.

Do I wanna know is a great shout though, how's no one thought of that?

imo Lorde's cache has dropped off, she got a bit lost in the alternate / pop thing and never really fully appealed to both.

Do I wanna know is a great shout though, how's no one thought of that?

i really thought it had a chance of winning that year (although up against riptide / royals / get lucky) made it pretty hard.

3 songs in the top 20 meant there was evidently vote splitting between the fan base tho and so it probably never really had a hope. I remember voting for DIWK even though I preferred other tracks as I really would’ve liked to see the boys grab the win.

Was keen for a break from novelty betting but I might get around this too. If Nick Whyte stays the F away from this one - theres probably more potential to make money here than the annual event.

Ive put tiny bets on -
Bulls on parade highest polling LAV $3 (still think its fresh enough to poll well and probably has gained more fans since the H100, and it left more of an impression on people than DMAs cover. my opinion only)
Outright winner Gotye $4
H2H Fume to beat Kendrick $1.75

I will wait til voting starts to bet any significant amount.

I think Gang of Youths could do really well... people may think back on their favourite artists of the decade and choose their songs, opposed to just selecting songs.

Would love Innerbloom to win thats epic but I dont think enough people know it. This idea seems to be attracting some attention though.

10 years to fit into 100 songs. so thats pretty much the top 10 from every year crammed into one. Sounds epic, I dont know how you pick a winner tbh. Gotye had the best song in this period in my opinion even though Im sick of hearing it. Will people vote for songs they want to hear, or what they think were the best songs? Would I vote Gotye? not sure... will Bad Guy do well or will songs from this years H100 flop as people leave them out of their votes? Should be fun to see.

Does anyone know much about the Hottest 100 of the 2000's decade so we can see the trends?

Innerbloom is $6 with Beteasy to be number one (and single figure odds with everyone else). I like the song, but that seems nutso to me.
It was number 30 in 2016. I'd be wanting $6 for it to be top five, and even then I doubt I'd take it.

Was keen for a break from novelty betting but I might get around this too. If Nick Whyte stays the F away from this one - theres probably more potential to make money here than the annual event.

Ive put tiny bets on -
Bulls on parade highest polling LAV $3 (still think its fresh enough to poll well and probably has gained more fans since the H100, and it left more of an impression on people than DMAs cover. my opinion only)
Outright winner Gotye $4
H2H Fume to beat Kendrick $1.75

I will wait til voting starts to bet any significant amount.

I think Gang of Youths could do really well... people may think back on their favourite artists of the decade and choose their songs, opposed to just selecting songs.

Would love Innerbloom to win thats epic but I dont think enough people know it. This idea seems to be attracting some attention though.

10 years to fit into 100 songs. so thats pretty much the top 10 from every year crammed into one. Sounds epic, I dont know how you pick a winner tbh. Gotye had the best song in this period in my opinion even though Im sick of hearing it. Will people vote for songs they want to hear, or what they think were the best songs? Would I vote Gotye? not sure... will Bad Guy do well or will songs from this years H100 flop as people leave them out of their votes? Should be fun to see.

Does anyone know much about the Hottest 100 of the 2000's decade so we can see the trends?
There was no Hottest 100 of the 2000s, but there was the 20 years anniversary addition in 2013. There may be some trends to be gleemed from that. There were only 2 songs less than 5 years old in the Top 30.

These are the only songs from that countdown still eligible for this one.
#SongArtistCountry of originYear of releasePrevious position
(annual countdown)[a]
9​
Somebody That I Used to KnowGotye featuring KimbraAustralia/ New Zealand
2011​
1​
42​
BrotherMatt CorbyAustralia
2011​
3​
61​
Lonely BoyThe Black KeysUnited States
2011​
2​
67​
Breezeblocksalt-JUnited Kingdom
2012​
3​
81​
Big Jet PlaneAngus & Julia StoneAustralia
2010​
1​
92​
Little TalksOf Monsters and MenIceland
2011​
2​
94​
Pumped Up KicksFoster the PeopleUnited States
2010​
32​
99​
Video GamesLana Del ReyUnited States
2011​
6​

Last edited:
Innerbloom is $6 with Beteasy to be number one (and single figure odds with everyone else). I like the song, but that seems nutso to me.
It was number 30 in 2016. I'd be wanting $6 for it to be top five, and even then I doubt I'd take it.
Yeah not worth it, I don’t even think it’ll crack top 20. I think the what so not remix will steal votes from it, both might make the countdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was keen for a break from novelty betting but I might get around this too. If Nick Whyte stays the F away from this one - theres probably more potential to make money here

He is definitely doing another count. There should be way less data but it may be more accurate so not sure. I think songs into the top 10 will be more contested than a normal single year so should be good odds for that and not as obvious based on the count. I’m just hoping there isn’t a breakaway predicted result for number 1.

Innerbloom has gained traction over the last few years and has just come off the summer festival circuit akin to Rushing back (2nd this year and I would wager that being the Summer festival hit caused this)

but yeah I wouldn't back it to win, can see top 10 for sure though

Is there anyway to request betfair to put the market up? It seems like for the recent countdown it went up well after voting opened. I’m kinda keen to get some bets up before warm tunas happens but it doesn’t look like I will get the chance.

SB have added a heap of new songs to their outright winners list. Like, a hundred of them. They mostly have no chance.

the only one I threw any money at was Flight Facilities – Clair de Lune because it’s been touted in a couple of blogs as a potential winner and it’s aged the best out of all their songs (despite that ******* Telstra ad). I requested the market last night so I’m happy to see it up. It won’t win, but given they put up $101 for it, I threw a tenner on just for curiosity’s sake

There's a whole bunch of (identical) markets on Neds and Ladbrokes....some are really interesting and worth a crack I think (gamble reprehensively)

It is the what so not remix that most people will be voting for.

Betting agencies need to clarify this.
Nah I think most people will vote for the original. If youre betting on the remix you’ll need to ask them to put that song up too. Neither one will win though.

King Kunta a chance to take it out?

Better chance than Humble imo, but I don’t think either will win.

I’m seeing Innerbloom everywhere on social media, I do honestly think it’s a good chance for top 10. The song was very popular on release and has only gotten bigger. It’s got 43 million listens on Spotify, which is heaps for a song as long as it is, and as already said, it’s got that huge festival crowd following.

I’m regretting not chucking a little on while it was at $41 just in case.

Last edited:
Nah I think most people will vote for the original. If youre betting on the remix you’ll need to ask them to put that song up too. Neither one will win though.
Yes you are correct.

Just listened to it again and it is perfection.

Into $6 on Lads, disnt take the $41 on offer.....

Better chance than Humble imo, but I don’t think either will win.

I’m seeing Innerbloom everywhere on social media, I do honestly think it’s a good chance for top 10. The song was very popular on release and has only gotten bigger. It’s got 43 million listens on Spotify, which is heaps for a song as long as it is, and as already said, it’s got that huge festival crowd following.

I’m regretting not chucking a little on while it was at $41 just in case.

on Spotify hits those who took 100s riptide would be happy with its 900m listens

Careful on Sportsbet outright winner they have a few double ups at different odds, saw magnolia at $51 and $101, DMA’s delete at $251 and $501 at least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back