Triple J Hottest 100 - 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Excluding the decade count, the eventual winner hasn't been less than Song #2 on Warm Tunas. Pretty interesting given the price Flume

Excluding the decade count, the eventual winner hasn't been less than Song #2 on Warm Tunas. Pretty interesting given the price Flume
I think how fewer votes WT counts now compared to previous years, I think it’s absolutely possible we could have winners come from far further back than their WT placing. Sicko Mode a few years ago for example, even though it didn’t win, it did jump from 11th to 3rd, and that was with quite a lot more votes counted by WT.

It is interesting SBs lack of faith in Bad Habit. It’s been trading places with BOTA around the 10,11, 12 mark, yet it’s price has blown out $15 while BOTA is still at $3.75.

Note that head to head betting is now available, along with a range of other slightly more interesting markets. I've backed a few in head to heads that I thought were mis-priced, but I could easily be wrong.

I have less faith in warm tunas than previous years. I fear the change to the way he is collating votes this year will give a less accurate result.
It's still a very useful guide.

With it being so close between 1 and 2 the aggressive backing of flume doesn't really make sense and just seems like a bad bet. It may get number 1 but I ain't touching that and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't one of the top 2.

With it being so close between 1 and 2 the aggressive backing of flume doesn't really make sense and just seems like a bad bet. It may get number 1 but I ain't touching that and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't one of the top 2.
On Warm Tunas, if you refine the result by removing 'website uploads', Flume drops to number 7.

What does that result mean to you? Do you think Flume is likely to rise or fall on the day?
To be honest, I'm not sure. This is something he hasn't done before. It's possible it's more accurate, but I (for a sample size of one) just uploaded any old random instagram screenshot from someone else so I could see the WT details. I'm included in his results, and I know mine are false. I have no idea how many other people have done the same. Also, how many people shared their votes on socials and uploaded their votes to WT? Again, those results are a duplication.

My concern is that including this new source of data makes his count less accurate but, like I said at the beginning, I'm not sure.

As for Flume specifically, he has regularly outperformed the WT count on the day.
In 2020 predicted at 5 and was at 3
In 2019 predicted at 8 and was at 2

So he's an unusual example. If he were at number 1 I wouldn't be surprised, but he's as short as $1.50 to win this with some bookies, and that's madly short given the circumstances.

To be honest, I'm not sure. This is something he hasn't done before. It's possible it's more accurate, but I (for a sample size of one) just uploaded any old random instagram screenshot from someone else so I could see the WT details. I'm included in his results, and I know mine are false. I have no idea how many other people have done the same. Also, how many people shared their votes on socials and uploaded their votes to WT? Again, those results are a duplication.

My concern is that including this new source of data makes his count less accurate but, like I said at the beginning, I'm not sure.

As for Flume specifically, he has regularly outperformed the WT count on the day.
In 2020 predicted at 5 and was at 3
In 2019 predicted at 8 and was at 2

So he's an unusual example. If he were at number 1 I wouldn't be surprised, but he's as short as $1.50 to win this with some bookies, and that's madly short given the circumstances.
I recall in the past, the Warm Tunas guy said he had a program that weeded out duplicate posts, eg. if the 10 votes matched exactly a previous set then it wasn't counted, but the system used this time might overwhelm that? No idea.

I recall in the past, the Warm Tunas guy said he had a program that weeded out duplicate posts, eg. if the 10 votes matched exactly a previous set then it wasn't counted, but the system used this time might overwhelm that? No idea.
I tried copying someone else’s votes and entering it on his website to check the vote count before I did my votes. The site rejected it.

That would be terrific. I hope you're right.

I tried copying someone else’s votes and entering it on his website to check the vote count before I did my votes. The site rejected it.
That's interesting. I haven't voted yet. I use WT to help me work out what I'm going to vote for (ie I'm old and don't get to listen to JJJ much during the year...so spend January catching up on what I've missed).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sportsbet matchup odds are pretty terrible across the board, little to no value anywhere. The only one I don’t mind is $2 for Stars In My Eyes to finish higher than Sitting Up

head to heads do suck

hardlight easily over in the wake
sitting up will be pretty close with stars in your eyes but id probably still take sitting up or avoid
bota easily over new gold
bad habit easily over delilah
camp dog over let's go
this is why over girl sports but id probably avoid this one as big droppers and not sure
it's been a long day easily over get inspired
glimpse of us easily over back seat of our mind
dont even think edging or foundations will make it, avoid anyway.

head to heads do suck

hardlight easily over in the wake
sitting up will be pretty close with stars in your eyes but id probably still take sitting up or avoid
bota easily over new gold
bad habit easily over delilah
camp dog over let's go
this is why over girl sports but id probably avoid this one as big droppers and not sure
it's been a long day easily over get inspired
glimpse of us easily over back seat of our mind
dont even think edging or foundations will make it, avoid anyway.
I’d take Delilah over Bad Habit tbh

Looking at the past couple years warm tunas and their accuracy isn't too bad but I think this year will be a mega clanger. The current count looks more like a double J countdown.

My top 10 for 2022.

325789234_698242851951624_3962402241838985169_n.jpg

Nothing posted yet but SB are taking BYOs. Ive requested no King Stingray or Genesis Owusu in top 25. Will probably get offered chump change for it but testing the waters.

I requested No King Stingray in the top 20....so we are on the same wavelength there.

There's a few BYO markets up now. Nothing that gets me interested (not that they will let me bet regardless).

Updated - they have put this market up and I was surprised at the odds offered ($4.75). I think that's pretty fair.
I might also add that King Stingray are a real favourite of mine. I just don't think they'll poll as well as Warm Tunas is suggesting.

Last edited:
I requested No King Stingray in the top 20....so we are on the same wavelength there.

There's a few BYO markets up now. Nothing that gets me interested (not that they will let me bet regardless).

Updated - they have put this market up and I was surprised at the odds offered ($4.75). I think that's pretty fair.
I might also add that King Stingray are a real favourite of mine. I just don't think they'll poll as well as Warm Tunas is suggesting.
I think ours were so similar that they split mine up into two, the Genesis Owusu part as one and your King Stingray part as another. Wish i saw it while it was at 4.75 though, would’ve jumped right on it.

N95 by Kendrick was sitting at $8 to make the 10 last night, hopped on it. Not certain that he’ll make top 10, i think he’ll sit just outside it but decent odds.

I agree with your Kendrick assessment. Top ten wouldn't surprise me, and $8 is good shopping.

I'm giving God is a Freak by Peach some hope of a top ten finish at odds. It was $4.50 but is a bit shorter now.
Tik Tok is not for me, but it's a Tik Tok song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back