Commonwealth Games Birmingham 2022 (28 July- 8 August)

Does Australia go Under 68.5 Gold Medals or Over 68.5 Gold Medals?

• Over 68.5 Gold Medals

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Under 68.5 Gold Medals

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
Commonwealth Games kicks off in 4 days time. Any views on Medals?

Current lines for Gold Medals:

Australia Under 68.5 Gold Medals $2 v $1.80 Australia Over 68.5 Gold Medals

Canada Under 24.5 Gold Medals $1.90 v $1.90 Canada Over 24.5 Gold Medals

India Under 22.5 Gold Medals $1.90 v $1.90 India Over 22.5 Gold Medals

New Zealand Under 14.5 Gold Medals $1.90 v $1.90 New Zealand Over 14.5 Gold Medals

Most on this forum wouldn't care or at least wouldn't be able to grasp how incredible and unlikely this is, but yesterday was a phenomenal day for short priced favourites failing to win gold in the World Athletics championships.

Damien Warner was a $1.25 lay price to win gold in the Decathlon. He did him hamstring in one of the running events which meant he DNF and was automatically disqualified from winning.

The Jamaican women's 4x100m relay team was a $1.10 favourite to win gold and the USA knocked them off.

And finally, USA were a $1.05 favourite to win gold in the Men's 4x100m relay and they were knocked off by Canada.

The odds of neither of those short priced favourites winning gold would have been phenomenal. Probably around $1,000.

I know the Comm Games is a level below the Olympics and even a major athletics meet but am interested in the mens 100 metre final here.

Imagine the challengers will be de Grasse (Canada), Akani Simbine (2018 C'Wealth gold medallist), Aaron Brown (Canada), Zharnel Hughes (England), Adegoke (Nigeria), Yohan Blake (Jamaica)/Oblique Seville (Jamaica), Rohan Brownling (Australia). Ackeem Blake is the 3rd selected Jamaican runner. I dont know much about the Kenyan runner, Omanyala who they reckon could be a threat, potentially to medal.

De Grasse for me starts favourite, and one of the Jamaicans look like a potential smoky to win it, if not medal.

I know the Comm Games is a level below the Olympics and even a major athletics meet but am interested in the mens 100 metre final here.

Imagine the challengers will be de Grasse (Canada), Akani Simbine (2018 C'Wealth gold medallist), Aaron Brown (Canada), Zharnel Hughes (England), Adegoke (Nigeria), Yohan Blake (Jamaica)/Oblique Seville (Jamaica), Rohan Brownling (Australia). Ackeem Blake is the 3rd selected Jamaican runner. I dont know much about the Kenyan runner, Omanyala who they reckon could be a threat, potentially to medal.

De Grasse for me starts favourite, and one of the Jamaicans look like a potential smoky to win it, if not medal.
De Grasse for me too.

Opening Ceremony tomorrow morning, what do we think we'll see in tomorrow morning's ceremony?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opening Ceremony tomorrow morning, what do we think we'll see in tomorrow morning's ceremony?
Athletes from each competing nation entering the stadium and waving to the fans. Most likely a few national flags too.

Other than athletes obviously! In the performances part of the ceremony what will we see?
Is there any sort of culture in Birmingham to make a ceremony about, other than duran duran and brum the car i have no idea what they'll do.

If anyone is feeling particularly degenerate my partner is currently in Vanuatu and was talking with their sports minister, who feels the countries best chance at a medal is the women's volleyball team. Currently paying $501 for the gold.
I've seen some utterly outlandish posts on this board, but this is peak degen.

Tailed.

If anyone is feeling particularly degenerate my partner is currently in Vanuatu and was talking with their sports minister, who feels the countries best chance at a medal is the women's volleyball team. Currently paying $501 for the gold.
Is that beach volleyball or indoor volleyball?

The worst thing about beach volleyball is the seating in the grandstand are on the wings of the playing area. There's no view from behind.

How much better would women's beach volleyball be if your viewing area was directly behind the players? The viewing experience would seriously be 100x better.

Is that beach volleyball or indoor volleyball?

The worst thing about beach volleyball is the seating in the grandstand are on the wings of the playing area. There's no view from behind.

How much better would women's beach volleyball be if your viewing area was directly behind the players? The viewing experience would seriously be 100x better.

Beach. Apparently there was a bit of a kerfuffle whereby the women had to raise money to pay their husbands to go to offset them appearing in bikinis in front of the Commonwealth.

Beach. Apparently there was a bit of a kerfuffle whereby the women had to raise money to pay their husbands to go to offset them appearing in bikinis in front of the Commonwealth.
Not necessary.

We'd have been able to make a Go Fund Me thread to raise the money ourselves. We'd make enough money for return flights within an hour.

Lads let me on for a whole $3 @$251.

Where did you find $501? Interestingly, the Vanuatu pair are only $21 at TAB and $13 at B365.

Back