Universal Love TRTT Part 6: The Undiscovered Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man this cold weather is ****ing with my joints. Had my 6th knee op (3 on each this one was the left) about 8years ago and the surgeon said “we gotta stop wasting my time and your money, that knees gotta come out” he told me to hold on as long as I could as knee replacements had a limited life and you can only have it done twice. That and a mate of mine that I played footy with had a hip and a knee done and he said he would rather have his hip done every Saturday than get a knee done again has meant I’ve just pushed through the pain with drugs.

Until now.

Any of you old campaigners had a knee replacement? Apparently there is a new method that is less painful and has a shorter recovery time??

Only good thing is I’m allergic to codeine so I get morphine and lots of it.

That’s gods drug that stuff.

Asked about knee replacements on behalf of you to someone in the medical profession who knows about them. His reponse:

"TKRs are s**t. I'd delay it until I was 65 unless the knee was on a ****ed up angle. Recovery is about 6 months to feel human, 12 months to 90% recovery and probably 2 years to feel normal."

Many vodkas are not gluten free and this can be an issue for someone with celiac disease.

It's people without celiac or any gluten intolerance who insist on gluten free "for reasons" that bug me.

Not all vodkas are suitable for vegans either although a number of vegans I've met don't realise this :rolleyes:

Tito’s is certified GF. Bit academic if the lid smashes while it’s in your checked baggage though. Did help sanitize the dirty laundry bag though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta give it to Lebron, as he has now lead 2 teams to 8 straight "grand final" series. Miami 4 straight for 2011 loss, 2012 and 2013 wins and 2014 loss. Goes back home to Ohio and Cleveland after he said he was leaving to learn how to win a Championship and then come back home and win one, and last 3 years finals against Golden State in 2015 loses in 6 games, 2016 wins it in 7 and last year was a bit of a cake walk and they lost in 5 games.

Not even Jordan was able to make it 8 straight. Detroit Piston Bad Boys stopped him in the Eastern Semi Finals in 1988, then in the Eastern Finals in 1989 and 1990 ( and they went on and won back to back Championship series). He then won the Championships in 1991, 1992, 1993, then took off 1994 and 1995 to play baseball, the Bulls didnt get past the conference semis without him, then won the Championships again in 1996, 1997 and 1998.

Not gonna get into the Lebron vs Jordan debate, which the boys on ESPN seem to froth at the mouth about, as I respect what they have both to waste energy on that.

Love the hat he wore to the presser today after he shot 35 points 15 rebounds and 9 assists and helped the Cavs beat the Celtics in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals ( after a huge 46/11/9 in the Game 6 win). Golden State play Houston in Game 7 of the Western Conference tomorrow. If they get up it wont be a push over like last year. 2 Championships in Miami and 2 in Clevland is a decent legacy for Lebron. At 33 he still has 4 or 5 years left.= after this season.

upload_2018-5-28_22-10-12.png

No CP3 No Houston. Stephen Curry is gaining momentum with game time and just about back in the zone. Just a feeling it's Currys game.

Asked about knee replacements on behalf of you to someone in the medical profession who knows about them. His reponse:

"TKRs are s**t. I'd delay it until I was 65 unless the knee was on a ****** up angle. Recovery is about 6 months to feel human, 12 months to 90% recovery and probably 2 years to feel normal."

Thanks Doc.

The yanks are doing something different now. Pains too much to not do something soon. If need be I’ll go there. This is ****ed. Got some good pain relief from the father in law last night though 750mg Proxen SR. Popped two of those babies and had the best sleep I’ve had in weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lebron somehow carries his carcass of a team to a championship wow, just wow. Only 22% of current players in the NBA were playing when he last missed a finals series.

It’s a credit to LeBron’s superstardom and his character that he’s almost singlehandedly turfed my Raptors out of the playoffs three years in a row and yet I still really like him and want to see him succeed.

Man this cold weather is ****ing with my joints. Had my 6th knee op (3 on each this one was the left) about 8years ago and the surgeon said “we gotta stop wasting my time and your money, that knees gotta come out” he told me to hold on as long as I could as knee replacements had a limited life and you can only have it done twice. That and a mate of mine that I played footy with had a hip and a knee done and he said he would rather have his hip done every Saturday than get a knee done again has meant I’ve just pushed through the pain with drugs.

Until now.

Any of you old campaigners had a knee replacement? Apparently there is a new method that is less painful and has a shorter recovery time??

Only good thing is I’m allergic to codeine so I get morphine and lots of it.

That’s gods drug that stuff.

My mum had a knee replacement a few years back. Don't remember it being that bad. But then again it had nothing to do with me so i have no idea. Reckon it was done by ex Adelaide crows star Matthew Liptak.

My mum had a knee replacement a few years back. Don't remember it being that bad. But then again it had nothing to do with me so i have no idea. Reckon it was done by ex Adelaide crows star Matthew Liptak.

Thanks man.

Old Mathew Sipsuk. I knew his sister Anna back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back