*CONFIRMED* Grand Final 2018 @ 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the report was written 2 hours ago it could be the real deal.
The article provides speculation and opinion, not confirmation of a change. The thread title is therefore misleading.
Indirect quote from Gil: "The AFL boss said they are yet to decide on this year's grand final."

The AFL really want a night Grand Final, but they need to soften up the traditionalists with a twilight Grand Final first.
Just change it to night then

The article provides speculation and opinion, not confirmation of a change. The thread title is therefore misleading.
Indirect quote from Gil: "The AFL boss said they are yet to decide on this year's grand final."

I suppose I could've added a question mark on the end to make it obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the change is made, this will be a huge positive for the racing industry. The Underwood Stakes meeting, held at Caulfield on the Sunday in recent years, will be able to move back to the prime Saturday afternoon timeslot. Potentially they could start the meeting around 10.30am with the last race finishing before 4pm.

The AFL really want a night Grand Final, but they need to soften up the traditionalists with a twilight Grand Final first.

This feels like when you're with a girl and she's scared of breaking up with you so she just toys with your emotions for six months in the guise of "letting you down easy."

The AFL have wanted to do a night GF for ages. As much as I don't like it I know it's inevitable and now I just them to get it over and done with.

twilight doesn't make sense
It does for Channel Seven who can use the 3 million+ audience to launch into the premiere of their next reality franchise.

Hamish at 8.29pm AEST, 20 seconds after the final siren sounds: "What a game! The Demons have won their first flag since 1964. Stay tuned now for the thrilling series premiere of "My Nail Salon Rules". For those wishing to watch the presentation, switch to 7mate now, or you can tune in via the 7plus app."

Last edited:
Don't know what we're afraid of.

A twilight/night Grand Final is inevitable and when we get used to it, we'll wonder why we didn't do it earlier......Like Friday night football, Easter Friday football, Womens football etc. Don't be frightened. We'll survive and be glad for the change once we let go.

One day we'll even have our Grand Finals being played in other states. If you know it's obvious, then maybe it should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back