Toast Tyson Goldsack - Hung Up His Boots, (27/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tries hard but never seen a player more consistently fumble the ball in my life.

Probably his last season

Jesus Kappa, you're just not happy unless potting a player.

Went through the last 10 pages couldnt find a thread.

In my opinion this guy is one we must keep. I would much prefer him back there over Marsh.

He was great tonight against the dogs, going back with the flight on multiple occasions and taking some good marks.

I hope the rumours of him wanting out aren't true!

Oh and prior to this he had been dominating vfl as well. To good for the 2nds.

Goldsack has managed to survive at the club under an avalanche of s**t from fat pricks who sit on their couch and moan. The vast majority of whom have never pulled on a senior boot, have no idea what it entails to be a professional footballer or in many cases even hold down a job.
He survives because the reality is no-one at the club read the total crap churned out by the haters online.
They don't give a s**t how well worded or vitriolic their idiotic "cloud screaming" rants are, because they don't read them....

Reality is what keeps normal people sane, the rest can post bullshit opinions on BF.

Last edited:
Tries hard but never seen a player more consistently fumble the ball in my life.

Probably his last season
LOL.
Moore, or you just don't watch games.

Very solid commendable season thus far.
Full pre season obviously has assisted.

Not his best game this season to be fair, but he's a head on competitor.

Jesus Kappa, you're just not happy unless potting a player.

IMO he isn't wrong on this one jmac.........I will be very surprised if he plays in the black & white 2018.

Play Shazza now he would have done the same/better today..........he is our future.

Looks like he should be better than he is. Strong overhead, decent leap, booming kick, reasonable speed for his size... But is just capable of some really awful errors at crucial times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has been reasonably good this season, but there are some regular diabolical errors in there that shouldn't be made by 100 gamers.

Yes, his speed and ability to get to contest is fantastic. The inconsistencies in is marking and kicking have always held him back from being a very good player.

With Reid to return i think its dunn vs goldsack for a spot in the back six going forth.

I think overall dunn offers more with his ability to also mark the bigger guys, with his kick ins and general disposal in general... and whilst his endeavour is there, goldsacks pace has really dropped off with age and injury. Howe can play the third man up with Reid and Dunn marking the bigger guys.

Goldsack to play on next year but on a 1 year deal... year to year basis.

IMO he isn't wrong on this one jmac.........I will be very surprised if he plays in the black & white 2018.

Play Shazza now he would have done the same/better today..........he is our future.
CFC I am with jmac
Goldsack is faster, better one in one, taller and a lot harder at it than Shaz
Shaz form at vfl level not as good as Goldy form at afl level
I struggle to see where Shaz plays . Too slow to play on small Fwds and too small to play on keys. Howe is our intercept back and no way Shaz will find his way into that role
Have you and Kaopa actually watched Shaz play vfl without rose coloured glasses.

Really good year; had a terrific pre season; he obviously puts in big time.

But overall he is the ultimate 23rd man, like in the grand final replay.

Just not enough top line level talent within him, much more about endeavour.

Good on him what he offers, what he does. Kudos for this season.

Longer term he is likely replaced by higher end talent, as should be, if we are to move up the ladder.

The ultimate depth player.

(Putting on the rose coloured glasses, why Scharenberg fits in is because he may have better upside than the known quantity that is Goldsack. You know what you get. Will not be more. With Matthew he may rise well above the known Goldsack level. Ofcourse he may not. But I'd rather punt on higher levels of talent potentially than plod on with a known medium level player. At what point the time is drawn on Goldsack will be determined by clever people than me. But I'd punt on Matthew over Travis as it stands today. VFL form or not, sometimes you roll the dice.)

Goldsack has managed to survive at the club under an avalanche of s**t from fat pricks who sit on their coach and moan. The vast majority of whom have never pulled on a senior boot, have no idea what it entails to be a professional footballer or in many cases even hold down a job.
He survives because the reality is no-one at the club read the total crap churned out by the haters online.
They don't give a s**t how well worded or vitriolic their idiotic "cloud screaming" rants are, because they don't read them....

Reality is what keeps normal people sane, the rest can post bullshit opinions on BF.

Geez not how I remember the relationship with my coach, not sure what sport you were playing growing up pie eyed?:eek::D

As for Goldsack he is having a good year and finally maybe found himself a sustainable spot in the 22.

Love Goldsack passion he plays with. Has a moment or to in a game, but who does notf
Howe been so good, but goldy been next in reliability down back. Have a good year so far

Really good year; had a terrific pre season; he obviously puts in big time.

But overall he is the ultimate 23rd man, like in the grand final replay.

Just not enough top line level talent within him, much more about endeavour.

Good on him what he offers, what he does. Kudos for this season.

Longer term he is likely replaced by higher end talent, as should be, if we are to move up the ladder.

The ultimate depth player.

(Putting on the rose coloured glasses, why Scharenberg fits in is because he may have better upside than the known quantity that is Goldsack. You know what you get. Will not be more. With Matthew he may rise well above the known Goldsack level. Ofcourse he may not. But I'd rather punt on higher levels of talent potentially than plod on with a known medium level player. At what point the time is drawn on Goldsack will be determined by clever people than me. But I'd punt on Matthew over Travis as it stands today. VFL form or not, sometimes you roll the dice.)
SV unless we pull Corey Enright out of retirement in a reenactment of the fine cotton affair Matthew ain't going to be the answer.
What higher levels of talent are you fantasising about? Shaz albeit due to a large amount of bad luck has not dominated a game of football in the last 6 years.
He is 5 yeArs into the system and has been named in vfl best players on a handful of occasions , and has failed at afl level
Are you still using Mark Williams description of him as an under 16 great as a crutch for hope?
I am trying to help you move on.
Respectfully yours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back