MMA-UFC UFC 217: Bisping vs St-Pierre

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this card was really good, so I followed along on twitter lol. Really shows where I'm at with MMA at the moment.

I'd have picked wrong in at least the last 4 fights lol.

The one guy in MMA Thompson can't clearly outpoint on the feet is Woodley I guess. Weird. Thompson's flaws were very clear in the Woodley fights and I'd have expected Masvidal to be able to capitalise on them. I guess he couldn't.

Pretty sure I mentioned on here before how I thought Namajunas had the best chance of finishing Jedrzejczyk, and that's how a SW was going to beat her. I thought Jedrzejczyk would definitely win but Namajunas is an extremely dangerous finisher early on in fights whether it be by punching, kicking or grabbing a submission. Huge upset but if someone was to do it it'd be Namajunas.

I'd have picked Garbrandt but I wasn't too sure. Hits harder than Dillashaw and Dillashaw's high volume attack would put him in positions to get hit a lot by that huge power. Only seen a few highlights from the fight but a big takeaway is that Cruz has a ridiculous chin. Dillashaw and Garbrandt were hurting each other badly. Cruz took flush high kicks from Dillashaw and was barely fazed. He got dropped a bunch of times by Garbrandt but survived the full 25 minutes. Really don't like Garbrandt so glad he lost. If Dillashaw fights Cruz again he should be able to win comfortably as long as he fights smart. Low kicks and middle kicks instead of spamming high kicks and he'd have won the first fight with Cruz easily.

GSP returns after years and wins the title up a weight class. I didn't expect that. He looked like he was losing a fair bit of his amazing athleticism in his last couple of WW defences. Bisping's never really been reliant on athleticism like GSP, so I thought this fight favoured Bisping a lot at this stage of their careers. Last two title reigns at MW have been weird. I didn't want to see GSP come back because he went out basically on top, or as close as you can, and his losing time/being abducted by aliens stories sounds more like brain issues from fighting than anything else. He came back and seemingly did much better than I expected. That's great.

GSP is now officially the GOAT, simple as that. Legacy cemented.
disagree. Bisping is far from being the most convincing MW champion. He controversially beat a hasbeen Anderson Silva, a hasbeen Henderson, and Rockhold was showboating and got caught.

That was GSP's first finish in his last 9 fights, and he was wrongly awarded the decision win against Hendricks in his last fight before his retirement. Whether GSP stays at MW and fights Whittaker or moves back to WW and fights Woodley, his next fight will be a loss IMO.

Gotta take my hat off to Bisping, he's still continuing by the sounds, an absolute worrier. A s**t talker from way back!

No tap.
Yeah love him or hate him the bloke will not give up. Much respect

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyone have a link to the press conference?
Youtube post fight ufc 217 on youtube mate.

However GSP is missing

Pretty new to the sport but how does the belt situation work if GSP doesn't fight in middleweight again which could be the case.

Say Robbie fights Rockhold in Feb, is that just another interim belt or what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty new to the sport but how does the belt situation work if GSP doesn't fight in middleweight again which could be the case.

No one really knows. The organisation just makes things up as they go most of the time

Surely gsp won't fight in just over two months in perth
Rumour is he won't medically cleared for 90 days

Pretty much
Then GSP will call out McGregor @ 170

If GSP changes divisions he would relinquish the belt making Whittaker the champ

I love it

They'll both probably get the chance to punch each other later, for now it's just respect
Both total class.

Im not sure i want to see them fight as GSP is a favourite of mine and i love Whittaker

no chance gsp can lose the weight to go down to middle.in his heyday no drug testing yes but not now imo
they can wave the 90 day medical an make it 30 has been done before.

dc made a good point. tj an cody could fight 10 times each time a different winner.

wonder if cody will now work on his kicking.

All three title fights had moments

- when Thug had Joanna down but couldn't keep her there I thought "well she can't win"

- when Cody starched TJ at the end of the first I thought "he won't recover from that"

- when GSP got busted open from the bottom I thought "bleeding and gassed he's done"

Brilliant card rounded out with Wonderboy looking solid if unspectacular and Hendricks surely fighting in the octagon for the last time.

I said earlier but GSP won't be medically cleared in time for Perth and would likely fight in Canada if he fights again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back