UK UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson - A loco recordarentur operum verborumque eius

Remove this Banner Ad

Radical Islam started 1,000 years before the USA was a country. As soon as Mohammed died the factions decided the other side needed to die.

But really, this is drifting a fair way from a Somali Muslim decided to murder a politician most people in the UK hadnt even heard of.
What's this about Christianity?

Christians stopped executing people for breaking dumb religious laws a long time ago.

Do you think Muslims will ever stop executing people for breaking dumb religious laws?

What will be their enlightenment? When will they leave the dark ages?
The US execute the mentally ill and *ed. One Nation Under God.

Christians stopped executing people for breaking dumb religious laws a long time ago.
Christians still execute people. The US locks up more of its population than just about anybody.

Islam isn’t an oasis of retributive justice by a long shot.

Christians still execute people. The US locks up more of its population than just about anybody.

Islam isn’t an oasis of retributive justice by a long shot.

Nice reading. I said dumb religious laws. Like if a daughter talks back to her father, or you shag your neighbour's wife, eat pork, or have the temerity to be gay.

Not sure when Christianity stopped calling for the execution of those sorts of trangressors. But I reckon in the last 40 or 200 years. Or 2,000 for one of them.

Nice reading. I said dumb religious laws. Like if a daughter talks back to her father, or you shag your neighbour's wife, eat pork, or have the temerity to be gay.

Not sure when Christianity stopped calling for the execution of those sorts of trangressors. But I reckon in the last 40 or 200 years. Or 2,000 for one of them.
Last lynching in America was 1981.

I said dumb religious laws. Like if a daughter talks back to her father, or you shag your neighbour's wife, eat pork, or have the temerity to be gay.
I agree these sorts of codified laws and using religious texts to determine laws is stupid and leads to horrific and barbaric results. That's a given.

But plenty of non-Islamic places still punish these sorts of things.

If we take the US as "a Christian nation", all sorts of harmless, natural and normal activities and attitudes are stomped on viciously and in some cases fatally.

On a tangent, there's also lots of talk about, say, lockdowns inducing depression and suicide, but not much from some quarters about shunning of gay people causing the same thing. Hate crimes were on the up with Trump. It's conservative mob rule given the blessing of their President.

A post-Brexit scheme to draw the world’s most celebrated academics and other leading figures to the UK has failed to attract a single applicant in the six months since it opened, it has been reported.

The visa route open to Nobel laureates and other prestigious global prize winners in the fields of science, engineering, humanities and medicine – among others – was described as a joke by experts after ministers admitted its failure to garner any interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many countries do this? By my count, zero.

Has happened in a number of countries. ISIS are/were a big fan. And apparently Afghanistan are wanting to bring it back. https://www.hindustantimes.com/vide...shment-for-homosexuality-101632910037633.html
Im sure this guy is just being a little flamboyant in his choice of words.

But more to the point, 13 Islamic countries have the death penalty for being gay. And about 60 more its illegal (without the death penalty). Surveys of British Muslims repeatedly show that the majority think being gay should be illegal.

Its always interesting that people who claim to be moderate are so happy to defend a religion which is so barbaric. But if you mention Christianity... oh my.

Has happened in a number of countries. ISIS are/were a big fan.

Are you saying ISIS counted as an 'Islamic Country?'

I'm not talking up Islams compatibility or track record when it comes to homosexuality (its abhorrent) but it's a bit of a stretch to say 'Islamic countries are throwing homosexuals off rooves'

It's hyperbole like that that undermines a genuine point you could make about Islams treatment of homosexuals.

I'm not talking up Islams compatibility or track record when it comes to homosexuality (its abhorrent) but it's a bit of a stretch to say 'Islamic countries are throwing homosexuals off rooves'

It's hyperbole like that that undermines a genuine point you could make about Islams treatment of homosexuals.

It did for about 6 or 8 months in Syria. Plus large parts of Iraq. And the Taliban back in the 90s before they were booted were fans as well. And despite what they say, they are heading down the same path for the treatment of women and gay people now.

As for it being hyperbole, it has happened before and recently. And there are still 13 countries with the death penalty for being gay, and another 60 where its illegal.

You could focus on that I guess, or instead nitpick. "Moderates" tend to avoid commenting too much on Islam presumably because at some point you end up having to comment on how barbaric a religion it continues to be today.

It did for about 6 or 8 months in Syria. Plus large parts of Iraq. And the Taliban back in the 90s before they were booted were fans as well. And despite what they say, they are heading down the same path for the treatment of women and gay people now.

Yes, but those were terrorist organizations, not States.

Trying to make a hyperbolic claim of 'Der Muzlim Statez push der homosexuls of der houses' does your actual central argument (Islam has a woeful track record with homosexuality) no favors.

Get the point I'm making?

Yes, but those were terrorist organizations, not States.

Trying to make a hyperbolic claim of 'Der Muzlim Statez push der homosexuls of der houses' does your actual central argument (Islam has a woeful track record with homosexuality) no favors.

Get the point I'm making?

The Saudi government fits most of the the requirements to be defined as a terrorist organisation. Torture and execution for being gay there.

Lucky they have lots of oil I guess. And arent Christian with the same laws.

As for it being hyperbole, it has happened before and recently. And there are still 13 countries with the death penalty for being gay, and another 60 where its illegal.

You could focus on that I guess, or instead nitpick. "Moderates" tend to avoid commenting too much on Islam presumably because at some point you end up having to comment on how barbaric a religion it continues to be today.
Better to do it the western conservative way and legislate to allow discrimination against us in the name of religious freedom. The motivation is still the same, that their belief in god should allow them special treatment not afforded unbelievers.

The Saudi government fits most of the the requirements to be defined as a terrorist organisation. Torture and execution for being gay there.

No, Saudi Arabia is a State, and they dont throw homosexuals off houses without a trial.

Im certainly not lauding their track record here, but you're shifting the goal posts.

You were being hyperbolic, and it undermines your argument.

Better to do it the western conservative way and legislate to allow discrimination against us in the name of religious freedom. The motivation is still the same, that their belief in god should allow them special treatment not afforded unbelievers.

How many western countries still do that? How many stopped decades ago?

No, Saudi Arabia is a State, and they dont throw homosexuals off houses without a trial.

Im certainly not lauding their track record here, but you're shifting the goal posts.

You were being hyperbolic, and it undermines your argument.

Extrajudicial killings happen in Saudi Arabia. As do killings signed off by courts - but only if you consider a sharia court as an actual court. Does it matter that its a building, a baton, or a beheading to you?

You really seem to be stuck on this building thing? Is that because you simply cant respond to anything else Ive said?

How about I say that you were 100% right, I was 100% wrong, I apologise for the hyperbole, we can move on, and now you can tell me in your words why Islam isnt a barbaric religion and has atrocious treatment of women and gay people - even in what are commonly described as "moderate" countries?

wasn't ISIS at a time in charge of an area they saw as their "caliphate"?

How many western countries still do that? How many stopped decades ago?
I can name one western country which seems to be wanting the freedom to discriminate on the basis of religion. Well, the right wing culture warriors do.

fools they are as it backfires on them as it will allow "brown people" religious freedom and practices which might be against what the culture warriors want

Remove this Banner Ad

Back