Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 51 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 33 32.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

on another note game needs to be reduced to 16 a team on the field with 4 interchange.

talent pools been stretched and struggling for 15 years now,just ahve to look at those drafted from the beginning of the 2nd rd of the draft in that time...with 20 teams spectacles gonna be all time low, lower than it is now and at the moment its been goin on atrocious 4 years

ive mentioned this before,RFC players should involve fairwork as it is affecting their ability to earn money/future contracts based on the umpires denying them right to play the game by the rules,adjuticating them differently
is also psychologically damaging and discrimination
Totally agree...
But really it ought to start once the PRO development is finalized, even finished...
One Major/Co$tly issue at a time!

on another note game needs to be reduced to 16 a team on the field with 4 interchange.

talent pools been stretched and struggling for 15 years now,just ahve to look at those drafted from the beginning of the 2nd rd of the draft in that time...with 20 teams spectacles gonna be all time low, lower than it is now and at the moment its been goin on atrocious 4 years
Prolly pick up with NT entering the AFL Comp as the 20th AFL side!

I tuned into 3AW call yesterday afternoon which Richo was calling and they were discussing the umpiring and discrepancy in free kicks.
Richo made the comment welcome to Richmond’s world (Tony Shaw laughing in the background). Went on to say we were rimmed again on the weekend, as we have been for the last 3 years.
Obviously something he feels strongly about to bring up in a game not involving us.
overall the umpiring has been rubbish, if some of these guys were being rewarded based on performance, they’d be living on the poverty line

I tuned into 3AW call yesterday afternoon which Richo was calling and they were discussing the umpiring and discrepancy in free kicks.
Richo made the comment welcome to Richmond’s world (Tony Shaw laughing in the background). Went on to say we were rimmed again on the weekend, as we have been for the last 3 years.
Obviously something he feels strongly about to bring up in a game not involving us.
overall the umpiring has been rubbish, if some of these guys were being rewarded based on performance, they’d be living on the poverty line
Yeah Richo is onto the umps and the bias against us. When the Freo/Collingwood thing happened the other night he was talking about umpires using common sense and that they sprouted that out a few years back - referring to when 'common sense' was applied after a swans player booted the ball into the crowd after a free kick to Prestia after the final siren.

The lies from the AFL and umps are finally catching up with the carnts.

Twilight zone shit this morning. Whankley talking about how bad it is getting for all teams now. Yet, 3 years ago you couldn't say a bad word about the umps. Saturday night was another shitful display. Cumbo getting bumped after a kick and Baker copping one when the campaigner slid in just more prime examples
Incredible how they missed that free to Cumbo, completely off the ball, and sat him on his arse.
The club really should be asking wtf are the 3 blind men out there looking at.

Incredible how they missed that free to Cumbo, completely off the ball, and sat him on his arse.
It staggers me they don't unless they do and are just sick of the bullshit excuses. I cringe watching us play because as soon as the whistle goes I know it is going against us

That Cumbo one really heated me up - I have tended to just accept the general shafting we get in the contest, when there is tackling and ball throwing all happening in a confined space - can't see those changing sadly but you can 100% guarantee, if Broad or Vlas had knocked an oppo player over like Cumbo was dumped, off the ball and totally in the open field, there would have been a free and a shot at goal.
From memory it was half way through the last as we were pressing hard too.

Now sadly Cumberland would have likely missed the shot but regardless, was dead set worthy of a free kick.

That Cumbo one really heated me up - I have tended to just accept the general shafting we get in the contest, when there is tackling and ball throwing all happening in a confined space - can't see those changing sadly but you can 100% guarantee, if Broad or Vlas had knocked an oppo player over like Cumbo was dumped, off the ball and totally in the open field, there would have been a free and a shot at goal.

Now sadly Cumberland would have likely missed the shot but regardless, was dead set worthy of a free kick.
exactly. its ****ing bullshit

They must have thought he’d taken a dive, which is absolute crap, he didn’t see it coming.

Mate if you don't care about the integrity of the sport then why even watch a game, let alone be part of an online forum about the game
My dumb idea is that the AFL prefer people to be talking about AFL than not talking about it. ringing up radio stations, internet forums, twitter is a win for the AFL The interpretations of the rules are grey on grey. Kane gets on TV after round to explain ump decisions.
they have record numbers of people attending. So one big club, RFC, at the bottom of the free kick table doesn't matter. 17 other clubs supporters are stoked we have come down the mountain.

New team in Tassie & strong in SEQ without the Suns being any good. Other places frothing to get the 20th licence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive mentioned this before,RFC players should involve fairwork as it is affecting their ability to earn money/future contracts based on the umpires denying them right to play the game by the rules,adjuticating them differently
is also psychologically damaging and discrimination

Stay at Punt Road still get the salary cap. Last 6 years of umpiring hasn't stopped Lynch, Dusty getting over a $mill. Tarranto & Hopper happy to take their 750k.

Has it stopped Soldo getting a contract at another club? Would Rioli & Baker have been offered even more had they not been at punt road?

Quit cos of the umpiring? psychological torture
that'd be a first.

Ty Zantuck got tortured add his name to the class action.

My dumb idea is that the AFL prefer people to be talking about AFL than not talking about it. ringing up radio stations, internet forums, twitter is a win for the AFL The interpretations of the rules are grey on grey. Kane gets on TV after round to explain ump decisions.
they have record numbers of people attending. So one big club, RFC, at the bottom of the free kick table doesn't matter. 17 other clubs supporters are stoked we have come down the mountain.

New team in Tassie & strong in SEQ without the Suns being any good. Other places frothing to get the 20th licence.
Yeah they only care about short term views and attendances, whilst not investing in long term success - rules included. The kind of disenchantment we are feeling because of the free kick differential is and will be felt more strongly by other clubs and fans going forward. It isn't just a Richmond problem, we just feel it most acutely right now

Publicly Dimma and Voss have mentioned they will be seeking "clarification" from the AFL regarding the Umpiring from their game on the weekend.

Free Kick ladder at the completion of round 11....

Best differentials

1 - Gold Coast (+49)
2 - Essendon (+34)
3 - Carlton (+29)
4 - Adelaide (+18)
5 - Brisbane & Melbourne (+15)

Worst differentials

1 - Richmond (-66)
2 - Geelong (-44)
3 - GWS Giants (-41)
4 - North Melbourne (-14)
5 - St Kilda (-11)

Most frees for

1 - Gold Coast (240)
2 - Collingwood (222)
3 - Carlton (215)
4 - Fremantle (209)
5 - Sydney (208)

Least frees for

1 - Richmond & Geelong (157)
2 - GWS Giants (167)
3 - Western Bulldogs (182)
4 - St Kilda (187)
5 - Hawthorn (196)

Most frees against

1 - Richmond (223)
2 - Collingwood (217)
3 - Sydney (212)
4 - North Melbourne (211)
5 - GWS Giants (208)

Least frees against

1 - Essendon (167)
2 - Carlton (186)
3 - Western Bulldogs (187)
4 - Adelaide (188)
5 - Melbourne (190)

This has to be some kind of joke ?

Both Gold Coast and Carlton well and truly looked after by the AFL, along with perennial beneficiaries in Collingwood and now ex AFL Umpires Boss at the helm at Essendon ?

Meanwhile our club sits on their collective hands and says nothing? Maybe because if they did, there would be massive repercussions?

The ridiculous grey area the nong McBurney refers to when talking about tackling. Is if the players is tackled immediately they must TRY to dispose of it correctly.
So under flipping 12 rules just TRY and you'll be ok.

Get rid of that grey area AFL dickheads and make it YOU MUST DISPOSE OF CORRECTLY AT ALL TIMES.

Far too logic for these deadset dickheads. The game has gone to shit with the morons at the helm.

Something definitely amiss with the way we’re umpired. I couldn’t help myself Saturday night & started yelling out cheats, cheat football league gagf! They’ve lost control & now we’ve got rabble umps influencing games because they’re rabble along with the AFL. Shit organisation that can’t structure up a fair set of rules for everyone & a fair draw, it shouldn’t be too much to ask but nothing to see here!! ****en ********s think they’re in an episode of Hogans Heroes!

My Carlton mate went to the game and reckons it was something like 20 GC to 3 Carlton at half time, I said welcome to my world :drunk:

He reckons they evened it up in the 2nd half but it was the first time that he left a game that carlton won that he felt like it was shit

Twilight zone shit this morning. Whankley talking about how bad it is getting for all teams now. Yet, 3 years ago you couldn't say a bad word about the umps. Saturday night was another shitful display. Cumbo getting bumped after a kick and Baker copping one when the campaigner slid in just more prime examples
That prick weasel has a lot to answer for with his state of the game agenda when the Tigers were up …. This prick is only mentioning the umpiring now as a cover up …. AFL wanted the Tigers shafted and so did this sorry excuse of a man

Every club but one is complaint about umpiring yet the silent one gets reamed
imagine that

the club that gets reamed doesnt complain and the club on top of the free kick ladder (carltoon, colonwood) are complaining most weeks

Nearly drove off the road listening to SEN last night.
A Tiger asked why we don't get paid HTB and SEN announcer replied with "wait in line" like other clubs have been rorted more.:drunk:

That prick weasel has a lot to answer for with his state of the game agenda when the Tigers were up …. This prick is only mentioning the umpiring now as a cover up …. AFL wanted the Tigers shafted and so did this sorry excuse of a man
I noticed the concerned face is back,the 2018 state of the game expression.
Please win this week Tigers!

I remember that slump the furballs had in 2007 and they took it out on Richmond in a big way.

Had a good ole milli vanilli downhill ski that day.

Back