Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melbourne's self-anointed 'sporting capital of the World' is embarrassing given how poor Australia is at everything now.
It doesn't really have much to do with how good Australia is at any given time.
Only city in the world to host both an F1 race and a grand slam tennis tournament. An Aussie hasn't won either of those events in years.

It doesn't really have much to do with how good Australia is at any given time.
Only city in the world to host both an F1 race and a grand slam tennis tournament. An Aussie hasn't won either of those events in years.
Since 1905, the Australian Open has been staged in five Australian and two New Zealand cities: Melbourne (55 times), Sydney (17 times), Adelaide (14 times), Brisbane (7 times), Perth (3 times), Christchurch (1906) and Hastings(1912).[4]

Ahem Adelaide

Well then it's obvious that we need to declare that Adelaide was the sporting capital of the world in 1967
But we are living in 2019 so honestly who gives a fu-k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well then it's obvious that we need to declare that Adelaide was the sporting capital of the world in 1967
But we are living in 2019 so honestly who gives a fu-k
No need to be a D\H about it. You were wrong. Take it on the chin and try and behave like an adult

Last edited:
Because Melbourne is the centre of the world?

Reminds me of 25 year old engineering grade I worked with off-shore who loudly proclaimed to me "you have to come to Texas, its the best place in world". He didn't have much to say after it was pointed out that this was the first time he been out of the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back