The Next President and VP will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:
Looking at the map as the US heads into the end of election day 1...

Biden would hit 270 with just Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin. He would also hit 270 with Georgia and Michigan alone.

Pennsylvania still would be nice obviously but no longer a required element on the path to victory - that's a big gap to overcome on postals. Substitute Nevada+Michigan for North Carolina and he only gets to 269.

Looks like we're in for a nailbiter with Trump the most probable winner.

Experts here - what's the likelihood of Biden prevailing in either North Carolina or Georgia?

I saw an estimate from CBS News of Votes still to count (no idea how accurate it is).

700k in WI ( Trump lead 109K, So Biden needs ~59% of remaining votes)
1.8m in MI (227K 56.4%)
1.8m in PA (675K 68.8%)
300k In NC (77K 63%)
450k in GA (102K 61.6%)

Trump needs to win 4/5 of these (if he 'only' loses WI & NC, it's a draw). (All assuming Biden wins NV and Trump gets Alaska)

What's your source on remaining votes? I checked against NYT and they have different figures

Rudimentary math percentages extrapolated.
For example, Wisconsin has 94% reporting with a total of 2,974,127 having been counted (between the two Presidential candidates).
2,973,127 is 94% of approximately 3,165,000. Ergo 190,000 votes to count (approximate only).
I don't profess to have a source or be any sort of meaningful expert. Just crunching numbers.

If that is the rules then why should the rules not be followed?
Its not the rules, each state has its own set of rules for voting and then counting them. Some states allow votes to still be counted even if they are received after the election, but have the be stamped as being posted prior to the election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rudimentary math percentages extrapolated.
For example, Wisconsin has 94% reporting with a total of 2,974,127 having been counted (between the two Presidential candidates).
2,973,127 is 94% of approximately 3,165,000. Ergo 190,000 votes to count (approximate only).
I don't profess to have a source or be any sort of meaningful expert. Just crunching numbers.

The 94% refers to counties, it does not refer to vote totals. I think you got a bit confused there.

tahts some of the most alarmist bs ive ever cast my eyes upon. Did you duck for cover when the Mayan calander predicted the end of the world too?

The end of the Mayan Long count calendar as determined by a feathered priest of Quetzalotl, is not the same thing as an academic and scientific study of world geo-politics by the Bulletin of Atomic scientists (Nobel laureates, MENSA members, literal nuclear physicists etc), and predictions made based on that study.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/

Read it for yourself.

I bet you London to a brick, if global war doesn't break out this year or early next year (as it's looking very likely to happen, with nationalism surging around the world, and rules based international order going down the shitter, and active misinformation campaigns destroying peoples abilities to separate fact from fiction), it gets set even closer to midnight next time.

The end of the Mayan Long count calendar as determined by a feathered priest of Quetzalotl, is not the same thing as an academic and scientific study of world geo-politics by the Bulletin of Atomic scientists (Nobel laureates, MENSA members, literal nuclear physicists etc), and predictions made based on that study.

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/current-time/

Read it for yourself.

I bet you London to a brick, if global war doesn't break out this year or early next year (as it's looking very likely to happen, with nationalism surging around the world, and rules based international order going down the shitter, and active misinformation campaigns destroying peoples abilities to separate fact from fiction), it gets set even closer to midnight next time.
$50 says no global war breaks out by June 30, 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back