The Next President and VP will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in... The Aftermath

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about? How many posts have their been saying Trump is an idiot to think an election could possibly be not quite honest .
I get the dumping on Trump himself, you either hate him or kinda tolerate him. But why does it seem so left field that he could be a little right in regards to this process?
You made this statement:
Anyone here who thinks corruption and fraud don’t take place in politics especially somewhere like the USA where millions are spent on campaigns really is living in a fantasy world.

Again, who here has said that?

I notice Trump is quietly headed for victory in Arizona which would change the landscape somewhat. With the multiple recounts, massive ever emerging fraud and likelihood of Pennsylvania having all their late ballots thrown out by ACB things are looking far from settled. Just sayin'.

keep the dream alive for just a bit longer punchy

Rupert is the exact reason this type of vanity project will bankrupt. There are finite numbers of fat old white angry guys to make up a TV audience. New ones will always get born, but they’re not gravitating to a 74yo guy that no longer has the presidency to validate his importance. They will look for new and more convincing gurus to persuade them they have a voice. And Rupert already corners that market of old white bitter dudes to the max. If Trump attempts to move in on his turf, that’s war. And fat orange has no hope in that war. Nobody does really - but certainly not a chronically vain but delusional man who has no attention span beyond instant applause.
disagree , if he can get Carlson and others, he will eclipse Fox, how much is the contract that shockjock Stern gets on the Seras Sattelite radio? Is it something ridiculous like US$200 mill per annum? Rogan got 4or 5 years at 200 million. Oprah got a massive chunk, Ellen is on about 100 mill US

he can carve up the piece of the market , Ben Shapiro has moved the Daily Wire from LA to Tennessee, Thiel moves from San Fran to LA assume Eric Weinstein moved with him with the Founders Fund Venture Capital firm...

How many right wing media options are there? FoxNews, WSJ, Breitbart, Zero Hedge, it strikes me they will be able to raise billions on Wall Street to set this up

So what will the next generation after woke generation be, adolescents born 2000-2015 ? This will probably be too young to influence what this new org. would be , legacy media mastheads and brands are dead

WTF are you talking about? How many posts have their been saying Trump is an idiot to think an election could possibly be not quite honest .
I get the dumping on Trump himself, you either hate him or kinda tolerate him. But why does it seem so left field that he could be a little right in regards to this process?
The problem is he’s not right. He’s doing what he’s doing not because he thinks there’s any irregularities, he’s doing what he’s doing because he can’t accept that he lost. And all his enablers are egging him on because when he goes, they go too.

Of course voter fraud is possible, simply not on the scale claimed, given the scrutiny the election was under. It’s laughable.

Pointing out real, verified attempts to tamper with the election, or being incredulous about the ability for humans to see Trump and say “yep that’s my guy”, is not the same as what’s happening now. It’s just not. Don’t be silly.

You made this statement:
Anyone here who thinks corruption and fraud don’t take place in politics especially somewhere like the USA where millions are spent on campaigns really is living in a fantasy world.

Again, who here has said that?

Clearly we are reading two different threads.
If you are annoyed, upset, disappointed that Trump won’t concede and say a whole lot of nice things because he believes that there is possible foul play here then you are saying that.
And if you agree that corruption and fraud does take place in politics then why are you upset with trump going down this road?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice Trump is quietly headed for victory in Arizona which would change the landscape somewhat. With the multiple recounts, massive ever emerging fraud and likelihood of Pennsylvania having all their late ballots thrown out by ACB things are looking far from settled. Just sayin'.

Yeah nah

1604922924284.png

and as for PA, you are more likely to see the weagles win a home GF than you are those votes get kicked out to the degree Capt Tuck is talking. If you get 80 you've done well, you're not getting 800,000

The problem is he’s not right. He’s doing what he’s doing not because he thinks there’s any irregularities, he’s doing what he’s doing because he can’t accept that he lost. And all his enablers are egging him on because when he goes, they go too.

I have no idea if he is right? But I agree he is looking like a goose and should move on.

If Trump manages to win Arizona then it can only be due to voter fraud.

Did many people of significance actually dispute the results of 2016? I certainly don't recall it.

The Mueller investigation was whether there were links between the Trump campaign and Russian officials, mainly with the purpose of targeting undecided voters through online platforms, as well as spreading disinformation.

As it were, there were no proven links (in terms of the real inner core of his team), but there was enough murkiness for dozens of people to be indicted and multiple people from the Trump sphere to end up in jail.

Going down the hypothetical route, if there was enough proof to impeach Trump and the DNC had the numbers in the Senate to follow through, the 2016 election result was still exactly the same.

Pointing out real, verified attempts to tamper with the election, or being incredulous about the ability for humans to see Trump and say “yep that’s my guy”, is not the same as what’s happening now. It’s just not. Don’t be silly.

I beg to differ. Maybe we should examine some posts from the period in question then, starting with some really choice ones from the three 2016 election threads. I've screendumped some pearlers in case the authors feel like deleting them now.

Of the 10 'election fraud' cases Rudy has brought to the courts thus far, he has won...

Zero.
Only because ... umm... all the judges are Democrat stooges! Or something.

Someone asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?"

Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England, wrote this magnificent response:

"A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
* You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of sh*t. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."

this missed the mark, Trump was counterthesis,

Trump won as dialectic manifest , he was everything Obama was not

To see him in relief to Obama with a British lens is extraordinarily myopic , more so when he critiques Trump for just that and lacking humour , well p'raps to a Brit and Australian , but a tranche of Americans did appreciate humour , and the bully x humour mash-up

Not for me , I found him self parody and boorish , but I like the final tangerine spray-tan because I think he chose the brightest orange as a rope-a-dope-troll and he almost had the last laugh skipper kelly

The article as British solipsism has validity , but they don't have a dog in the fight neither

Last edited:
Clearly we are reading two different threads.
If you are annoyed, upset, disappointed that Trump won’t concede and say a whole lot of nice things because he believes that there is possible foul play here then you are saying that.
And if you agree that corruption and fraud does take place in politics then why are you upset with trump going down this road?
You still haven't provided any basis for your initial statement, certainly in relation to posters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back