US Open

Remove this Banner Ad

hans moleman said:
Who are the other promising youngsters out there?
Gasquet looks a player.
There's a lot of hype around Monfils, but he hasn't had any decent results.
Donald Young. Absolute champion juniour tennis player from the States. He is only sixteen too.

Funkalicous said:
I'm surprised Hewitt made the semi's given his recent injuries, but I guess that's a testament to his fighting qualities. However, he's no way near ready to take on the Fed. He'll get over-powered like he always does. I don't know what he can do? Federer's just the perfect tennis player. :(
i suggest heaps of good drop shots, get the Fed in, then smash passing shots straight at his head each time. that might put him off his game. :D

hans moleman said:
So it's everyone's favourite Grand Slam choker (Clijsters) vs. the biggest time-waster (Pierce).

Wouldn't mind seeing Clijsters crush Pierce French Open style - can't stand Pierce and her posing/posturing..

:mad: arsehole

hope the choker gets crushed by Mary, double bagel would be nice, doubt that'll happen though. just hope this match goes to three sets with Mary coming out on top.

GrimasGirl said:
:mad: arsehole

hope the choker gets crushed by Mary, double bagel would be nice, doubt that'll happen though. just hope this match goes to three sets with Mary coming out on top.
I stayed up until 7:00am yesterday, and saw one of my favourite players (Dementieva) get beaten by the woman I am extremely suspicious of. CMON CLIJSTERS!

CMON LLEYTON! :thumbsu:

BomberAUS said:
Hewitt lost to Federer again? what a surprise.
He actually held his own against him this time.

Should've won the second set, save for luck and exceptional tennis by Federer and the match should've gone to 5.

But the champ reaches another final, can he win slam number six?

I should think so.

Good performance by Lleyton. Could have won the 2nd but Fed was on fire. If he plays a couple more tournaments next year and get back to his rightful #2 ranking, he can avoid Fed until the final.

Fed will smash Agassi in 3. A non-event.

red+black said:
Good performance by Lleyton. Could have won the 2nd but Fed was on fire. If he plays a couple more tournaments next year and get back to his rightful #2 ranking, he can avoid Fed until the final.

Fed will smash Agassi in 3. A non-event.

Make that 4 ;)

celtic_pride said:
What great news :D

But no, it wasn't earth shattering news was it ?
Shut up, how could you want the only decent Aussie tennis player to lose? You should be proud that an Aussie is such a great player, instead of seeing him defeated as 'great news'.

Hewitt’s #1 Fan.

What a final! How good was Agassi? The guy is a champ. Had he held onto that break in the third I think he would have gone on and won but Fed never loses tie breakers.

Semi was pretty good for Hewitt too...I think he is slowly starting to believe that he can actually beat Federer again. He had 5 set points in the second and then won the third. But he attacked Federer in the third and came to the net alot and won those points. In the fourth set though he came to the net just once and won that point?

Im sure his coach will look at the tape though and figure out how to beat Federer....or at least go with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond said:
Shut up, how could you want the only decent Aussie tennis player to lose? You should be proud that an Aussie is such a great player, instead of seeing him defeated as 'great news'.

Hewitt’s #1 Fan.
the only reason you like Hewitt is because he comes from SA ...most other aussies see him as an arrogant little tosser ...he has and always will be Federer's little bitch .

Blues_Man said:
the only reason you like Hewitt is because he comes from SA ...most other aussies see him as an arrogant little tosser ...he has and always will be Federer's little bitch .

every tennis player is federers little bitch..he is twice as good as anyone playing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back