Game Day Us vs Them (overthere at the GABBA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting a competitive game for the most part until we pull away at the end. Just hoping to see our game plan continue to hold up and the guys to play a solid 4 quarters.

Port by 38.

Expecting them to do a bit better than last year. They have Martin and Beams this year and this could also give a bit more freedom to Rockliff and Zorko. But we also have Ryder which means Trengove does not have to run in the ruck all day. We won 4 quarters against Freo, we should win 3 or 4 quarters against Brisbane and win by at least 60.

Yeah I'm thinking 6 goals plus by the final siren with the Lions being far more competetive than last time at the Gabba and getting away from them late too.

26 & sunny. I'm in Adelaide. Bit jelly.

Of course we are a 4 goal worse side this time with no Butch too so...

;)

Should win no problems. We're going to a bbq for a visiting young relative from the USA so will have to record the games today. Will take every opportunity to find myself near the TV and to hopefully indoctrinate the lad into the Port Adelaide way!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope our team isn't as blazè about this game as we've been all week. Has definitely been a game we haven't chatted about much on this board, think we're all just hoping and expecting to go up there for an easy win so hopefully that happens.

I think Port by 34. Hoping we blow it right out but expecting the Lions to push us until we break them late in the last

Last edited:
I'm feeling about a 10 goal win is to be expected, if it were played here we would smash by 20 goals

It'd be pure sacrilege if we were to lose Ollie Wines' first game as skipper. Port by 39 points.
This makes the game even more important.
It is hugely important in the context of the season as a game we need to win to make finals.

If it also establishes Ollie as a losing captain then.....aaargh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back