Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to admit I've done that once - my car which does have auto-headlights was in getting repaired so I was driving a rental, think it was a Corolla. While it was a relatively new car I didn't realise it didn't have auto lights, and I started my night drive in the middle of the city where it was well lit with street lights & such, only when I got out of that & into a more residential area did I realise they weren't on

I see no reason why all new cars don't have auto headlights
Canada have made it mandatory.
Even going as far as making the dash not display if they're not on.

I saw the aftermath of a very serious motorbike crash on Tuesday night on Beach Rd, Beaumaris, but I haven't found anything in the news about it. I think the rider was killed. It was at about 8:15pm on the corner of Beach Rd and Bodley St, next to what was the Beaumaris Pub.
It's a dodgy, blind bend, going outbound

I saw the aftermath of a very serious motorbike crash on Tuesday night on Beach Rd, Beaumaris, but I haven't found anything in the news about it. I think the rider was killed. It was at about 8:15pm on the corner of Beach Rd and Bodley St, next to what was the Beaumaris Pub.
It's a dodgy, blind bend, going outbound
Going to presume it was this one?

The worst is sitting in the right hand lane 10kmh under the limit on multi lane freeways. They always seemed to be annoyed they have a convoy of cars up their arse.

And the joining a freeway at 80kmh and even worse are the ones who want to merge into the middle lanes in a instance while doing 80kmh. Half the on ramps now are long enough and even have the signage that allows 100kmh before you need to merge.

Some of the first things i've taught my kids.

Don't those people understand that you should be moving the same speed to merge? Anything else is cutting in.

Some of the first things i've taught my kids.

Don't those people understand that you should be moving the same speed to merge? Anything else is cutting in.
It's the main reason freeways don't function and move as well as they should. When cars merge 10-20k below the limit it causes a whole flow on effect across multiple lanes and evidently in heavy traffic brings it to almost a standstill.

One time I got stuck behind an idiot merging at 60km/h, if that, onto the ring road.

Legit one of the most scariest moments driving, ever.

Theoretically if you collect them, its their fault, as they should give way to the right, but in insurance company land, hit the back of the car without any other evidence and its on you.

Theoretically if you collect them, its their fault, as they should give way to the right, but in insurance company land, hit the back of the car without any other evidence and its on you.
I was literally behind them in the same lane. Was merging as well.

It's the main reason freeways don't function and move as well as they should. When cars merge 10-20k below the limit it causes a whole flow on effect across multiple lanes and evidently in heavy traffic brings it to almost a standstill.
It takes one person to tap the brakes and the freeway is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to ram whoever's head into a brick wall who starts this when there is an accident on the opposite side of the freeway.

Logically , if you are on a freeway heading towards open highway ( no traffick lights ), in the right lane, there should be no reason for it to slow to a stop, but that idiot who wacks his foot on the brakes, means that the one behind him is taken by surprise and brakes even harder, and can even result in cars stopping. Then there is then a concertina ripple affect right back through it all.

Logically , if you are on a freeway heading towards open highway ( no traffick lights ), in the right lane, there should be no reason for it to slow to a stop, but that idiot who wacks his foot on the brakes, means that the one behind him is taken by surprise and brakes even harder, and can even result in cars stopping. Then there is then a concertina ripple affect right back through it all.
I often see that effect in action when I'm waiting for the lights to turn onto Abbotts Road.
When the traffic controller stops traffic the traffic for sometimes only a few seconds all bunches up. It can take 5+ minutes for normal flow to return.

That exactly how freeways get backed up if there is no accident, someone sees something and taps the break, next person does it, then the next and next and so forth.

Nek minute - barely moving and then all of a sudden back to 100kph.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

People who suck at merging. This idiot... Could have easily gone in front of that truck if they looked over their shoulder earlier

Between the guy putt putting away in front, and the guy behind him ( obviously not looking at the road at all ), the poor victim was helpless.

Looks like it. Don't really condone it, but drive like a fackwit and this is what happens.

Yep and there were two of them in that footage, as well as someone who should have been stopping instead of saying "very nice "

Seriously , why would you not stop blocking the road and let the aggressive idiot go on his way?

Driving home the other day, I change lanes and went to speed upto 80, had to brake hard due to a w***er driving between the lanes and having a argument with a car in the the other lane, he finally changed lanes and was brake checking the other car than stopped completely in the lane

Im pulling upto the lights couple kays away and I see this car flying up behind me and he sits right in my boot trying to intimidate me, get to the lights and he is reving his shitty little engine, then opens his car door and starts gesturing to me, throws a empty ciggy pack at my car and missed, lights go green and I can't boot it to get away from this douche canoe so he sits on my arse until he turns off into a pub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back