Resource VFA/VFL Jumpers [image heavy thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Have added a new Brighton Penguins picture. The background is from my collection of pictures of the Brighton FC. The backgrounds will be the new historical picture which will be added to the collection.

8QbmNOD.jpg

Would you call the latest new second tie league as being the death of the VFA/VFL. A new competition which includes the VFL clubs and Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney and GWS and Southport and Ansley. Is it time to close my VFA/VFL competition thread, because this competition isn't the VFA. The VFL competiton was the surviving VFA clubs with the reserve sides of the Victorian AFL clubs.

Would you call the latest new second tie league as being the death of the VFA/VFL. A new competition which includes the VFL clubs and Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney and GWS and Southport and Ansley. Is it time to close my VFA/VFL competition thread, because this competition isn't the VFA. The VFL competiton was the surviving VFA clubs with the reserve sides of the Victorian AFL clubs.
Toss of the coin really. It's the continuation of the VFL with additional teams so you could continue this thread. However the expansion/amalgamation lends itself to starting a new thread. I reckon the definitive trigger point for change would be if the comp changes name to the AFL Reserves, sheds non-AFL teams and teams such as Port & Adelaide (& perhaps the WA teams) join though. Whatever you decide, keep up the good work mate.

I bought this Frankston Guernsey can anyone tell me what year it is? Having the red collar I can’t seem to date it and was it a away Guernsey

Attachments

• 6C7930F8-65CC-4FB0-BAB5-207AC3E9CD9A.png
    6C7930F8-65CC-4FB0-BAB5-207AC3E9CD9A.png
    434.3 KB · Views: 107
These pictures have been a few years in the making. After putting them on this board and a couple of others I have received pictures from others showing that the clubs have worn other jumpers. An example of those is below:

Some of these I have asked when did they happen, and the people that sent them don't know. Except for the Denis Pagan Yarraville picture it is hard to put an actual date to the photo. What I try to do is to present the history of the VFA/VFL Teams as much as possible. As has been said on other threads, the history of VFA clubs haven't been kept.

What Mero has done in pictures for the AFL clubs is amazing, and I don't think that my efforts compare to his. However, he has not had to track down images of about 52 VFA/VFL teams, with the history of those clubs being not available. Trying to find the colours and design of the South Williamstown jumper wasn't getting anywhere, all I have found out is that Williamstown changed their colours from black and gold to blue and gold after the merger.

I found some pictures of the Ballarat teams in the VFA last weekend.

These are the clubs that played in the VFA, but I don't know if they wore these in the VFA. What I have created is something that best represents what may have been the clubs jumpers.

The Essendon jumper was produced by the VFL a guess because a similar jumper was produced for Box Hill. They seem to be clash jumpers that were made for the club to wear. These jumpers are both white jumpers with a black or brown upper on the front, and the club logo below. They seem to be clash jumpers that were quickly made because the club didn't provide one in time.

The creation of logos that fit into the old VFA logo design came about with the logos of older clubs not existing. So I used the VFA shield border to create them one. It also seemed like some on this board liked them so I made shield logos for all the clubs.

These have hopefully presented people with the history of the clubs of the VFA/VFL which haven't been given before. If they weren't presented here in this form the knowledge of these clubs and their uniforms could have disappeared.
Good job with all the VFA photo montages, good to see my 1985 Prahran team photo in there. Cheers Gezza

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back