VFL: Bendigo Bombers Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

chapmanmagic35

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The game starts at 1.10 at Windy Hill today, so hopefully we get a few people down there (sorry, I'm sick!)

It's also match of the day and it will be played on Channel 2, so I'll be watching it on TV instead.

This will be tough to win. Hopefully the guys pushing for selection play well and the rookies/top ups show something.

thankgod its our seconds that are playing that bad not the seniors or we would be in serious trouble.
lost by 15 goals or something

Alot of turnovers....bombing it into the forward line, kicking overheads and missing set shots.

That's a few thumpings in the last few weeks. At least they have the break next week due to the State-of-Origin game to be played at TEAC Oval next week. I think Byrne is playing. He's the only one.

Jobe Watson is a hell of alot bigger than I thought.

copernicus said:
Seems like he can't get a touch to save himself due to the terrible delivery he's getting. The form of the VFL squad is quite mysterious indeed given the supposed talent available.

It's not entirely the midfield's fault. He has to demand the ball alot more than what's he been doing in recent weeks.

He's got a long way to go still before he's capable of stepping into the seniors.

As for the VFL's form, it doesn't help when a good majority of the team are talls all vying for the same spots. Where other clubs can at least form a decently structured side, Tudor and co have to try and squeeze all the senior listed players into the side to form some plausible team. It's all about development right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing is apparent, with the devellopment of H at CHF, we are way over stocked in talls and short over quality/speed on the ball. Bachelor and the kid Bolton showed a bit but the demands of modern footy means you need far more guys to move the ball with skill than we seemed to have.Prismall will be OK and Mackie will always look better with quality around him but after that I dont think Bomber will have to break a sweat at the end of the year picking out the cuts.

I don't think there is anything wrong with our depth, they just can't play together for ********.

Outside the 22 from the Blues game:

Chapman
Sanderson
Wojcinski :(
Tenace
Callan
Koula
Mackie
Egan

All of those have proven they have something to offer the 1's.

Rahilly, Haynes, McCarthy, Chambers, Slade should get the chopski.

Turbocat said:
One thing is apparent, with the devellopment of H at CHF, we are way over stocked in talls and short over quality/speed on the ball.

Too many talls,not enough smalls.The problem is the injuries we've had have all been smalls [Wojcinski,Sando,Slade,Koula],where as Mooney and McCarthy are probably the only talls on the list to miss a few games .

We've also really only got three experienced onballers [J Byrne,Koula,Rahilly].The rest are inexperienced [Prismall] or top-ups.

JUBJUB said:
Little kiddie,our VFL team is different to Bendigo and the other teams.We develop players to play AFL footy.If we win the VFL games,it's a bonus.

That is no different to Bendigo. Essendon runs the Bendigo FC.
Paul Barnard is the football manager and the coach was appointed by the Essendon FC.

The sheer difference between the two sides, however was the VFL players of the two clubs.
Blumfield, Doering, Beasy, Carter etc are a class above their Geelong VFL counterparts.

As for the comment about Tenace at FF. I thought it was a good move. Slattery had taken Tenace right out of the game after he went to him at the start of the 2nd quarter. I don't think Tenace touched it in the 2nd and probably only had two or three touches in the 3rd.
The one area Tenace was for pace, so playing him out of the goal square was a good idea. Poor deliver aside, Tenace may well have kicked two or three.

Most of the tall players look ok in patches. Spencer had a pretty good game and Lonergan has been played well most games.If the opposition are going to tag it is Tenace who will cop it so that should be good for his devalopment.

Longy413 said:
As for the comment about Tenace at FF. I thought it was a good move. Slattery had taken Tenace right out of the game after he went to him at the start of the 2nd quarter. I don't think Tenace touched it in the 2nd and probably only had two or three touches in the 3rd.
The one area Tenace was for pace, so playing him out of the goal square was a good idea. Poor deliver aside, Tenace may well have kicked two or three.

Sure it might have tactically been an OK move, but Tenace was an emergency for the 22 on the weekend. We want him on the ball getting touches not rotting up forward doing nothing. That leaves us nowhere if another midfielder takes a tumble in the 1s

Sammy D said:
Sure it might have tactically been an OK move, but Tenace was an emergency for the 22 on the weekend. We want him on the ball getting touches not rotting up forward doing nothing. That leaves us nowhere if another midfielder takes a tumble in the 1s

He wasn't touching the ball mate.
You were effectively playing one midfielder short. He really wasn't getting near it and that does nothing for his confidence. On that form he couldn't have been picked for next week anyway.
At least up forward he had the chance of kicking a couple and getting a bit of touch.

Watching it on TV, the 3/4 time speech, Timmy (Sheringham) don't worry about dropping that chest mark, this 1/4 lets look at hanging onto our chest marks ( what are they under 10's). Did you see were the players were looking, everywhere but at their coach, Tudor's the problem, when players have no respect for the coach they want carry out team plays. I would like to see Ron Watt coach them for a couple of weeks and see the differnece.

Exactly Macpop. Leigh Tudor provides no inspiration whatsoever. Just hearing his 3/4 time speech was a joke. Offered no game plan, didn't rev any one up, didn't offer to how anyone specifically could improve their output. Didn't have the player's disciplined in front of him and eyes locked directly on him. As a coach you must demand this.

Kane Tenace appeared to be laughing at him as a few others did.

Leigh Tudor same as in his playing day's as soft as butter. Said at the start of the year it was a poor appointment. Sack him now before he embarasses himself and the club any further.

No only that Cats56 but he is going to cost some of our youg boys their careers,
We had young players such as Blake, Ablett, Buckland and even Garth knocking at the door for senior selection at the start of the year and now look, they are struggling because he is not coaching them. Ron Watt had Buckland primmed as a hard running back flanker and what an end to last season and start this year he had and now every time he goes to run off to create he is dragged, Blakey is spending a lot of time on the bench, and yet at the start he rucked well in the seniors, these kids are not game to play the game they were taught in 2005.
Surely Bomber can see this he has been there the last 2 weeks, act now before its to late.

No only that Cats56 but he is going to cost some of our youg boys their careers,
We had young players such as Blake, Ablett, Buckland and even Garth knocking at the door for senior selection at the start of the year and now look, they are struggling because he is not coaching them. Ron Watt had Buckland primmed as a hard running back flanker and what an end to last season and start this year he had and now every time he goes to run off to create he is dragged, Blakey is spending a lot of time on the bench, and yet at the start he rucked well in the seniors, these kids are not game to play the game they were taught in 2004.
Surely Bomber can see this he has been there the last 2 weeks, act now before its to late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back