VFL: Bendigo Gold v Box Hill Hawks, Saturday 16th June | Bendigo 32 point winners

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we think?

Reimers in? Im not a huge fan but he deserves his chance to play next week and hopefully they play him through the middle and wing.

Great win by Bendigo

14.16 to 9.14

Reimers BOG for me. Worked really hard all game, finished with a few goals and a few assists

Hibberd also great as previously mentioned

Dusher, Lee, Colyer, Dell, Hille all good games

Browne, Baguley, Ross, Kav all showed a bit also

A fair bit of talent in the wings at bombersland, future looks good

sounds like a good win in the end. WHo may i ask would be looking at being selected for freo match, be it on form of this game, the last few weeks, or being better than those we have in the side, or covering injuries.

Heard riemers mentioned alot, how did hille go? chance for subi? Id say Hibberd would be automatic inclusion if he is fit surely?

cheers guys

sounds like a good win in the end. WHo may i ask would be looking at being selected for freo match, be it on form of this game, the last few weeks, or being better than those we have in the side, or covering injuries.

Heard riemers mentioned alot, how did hille go? chance for subi? Id say Hibberd would be automatic inclusion if he is fit surely?

cheers guys

Riemers looks too good for VFL level. He deserves another crack in the 1s.

Hille got better as the game went on. Looks a little disinterested playing VFL and his 2nd efforts were not great but he pretty much dominated the ruck.

I was impressed with Lee. Worked hard all day. Delollio was good early but drifted out of it a bit.

Hibberd looks ready to get back into the 1s.

Gumby contested well on a good opponent in Gilham. He was double teamed a lot as they had a loose man dropping back. It will still take him a few more games to start reading the ball coming in.

Reimers has to come in now, was in the bests yet again. Like the look of Merrett, consistently in the right positions but doesn't have the size to attack the ball as hard as he should. Dell is also very close Id bring him in for Davey, Hille was decent but made a few too many mistakes for mine.

Was at the game today - could someone confirm the player numbers for the Essendon listed players? Especially kavanagh, was he 12?

Kav was 18, who was 41?

Lee. Dominated.

I didn't know who he was til halfway through the 2nd, but had noticed that #41 had a lot of it. Then an elder gentleman who knew a fair bit and was in love with Lee decided to comment every time he got a touch. Was fairly impressive.

As for others
Dalgleish = 36
Browne = 54
Merrett = 33
Kavanagh = 18 (I'm pretty sure on this one)
Steinberg = 25
Dell'Olio = 47

I think all the others were fairly self-explanatory, unless you somehow don't know what Hille, Gumbleton, Colyer, Reimers look like.

Missed Ross' number, unfortunately didn't see him a lot, although a few have said he was good. Only saw him for the first time in the 3rd, did he come on @ half time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey well done to your guys today at box hill hillie went to see a dentist as a tooth got knocked out poor guy actually wanted to have a chat with him but due to that missed out then my next player i chatted to i got mixed up with one of our young guys was Dyson Heppellgreat kid specially with me asking when was he going to get a game for hawks senior side :oops: :rolleyes::) i was not the only one to do so thank god lol anyway Laddo is doing well for you guys wanted to see him play but today he was in coaching role not playing role darn it , cheers .

Hillie got an award for best opposition player too that box hill does in their games as he was seeing a dentist Laddo was taking it to pass the prize on to David

I thought Maddern was fantastic in the second half. Colyer got busy as the game went on. Reimers is banging the door down. Whoever was #5 played an excellent role down back, especially in the first half, where he was under siege one on one on quite a few occassions and not only spoiled but also recovered to rebound well.

Great game.
I was behind the goals, took a few grabs myself haha.
Maddern was awesome! if Reimers doesn't get a gig next week, then the coaches must hate him, he played very well. Enjoyed watching Gumby even though he was double/triple teamed so didn't do all that much.
Me and vaughany had a little chat to Clarko outside the ground at half time too, good bloke.

Great game.
I was behind the goals, took a few grabs myself haha.
Maddern was awesome! if Reimers doesn't get a gig next week, then the coaches must hate him, he played very well. Enjoyed watching Gumby even though he was double/triple teamed so didn't do all that much.
Me and vaughany had a little chat to Clarko outside the ground at half time too, good bloke.
Clarko is a great guy and passionate about footy was at a prez's lunch when he did a talk once awesome listening too

Wasn't going to comment of this thread. 38 was Ross only played the second half. 12 is Maddern
Ya beat me to it.
Find it funny people thought it was Kav that was 12,
Considering Maddern must be 27ish by now. They must have been thinking "Gee Kav, he's grown up fast"

I was around the back of the goals as well. Thought trav and dell were great. Hill looked a little lazy and gumby looked like he had a little trouble reading the play. Hibberd needs to be back in as well. Nick, do you have a shaved head? If so, you kick the footy like a spud!

Was pretty close to the bendigo bench all day and the other thing I noticed about Lee was his passion for the game. He wasn't afraid to bark out instructions to some of the more experienced guys like Reimers and Dell. You could also see how frustrated he was when we stuffed up. Good signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back