VOIP and telemarketing.

Remove this Banner Ad

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
We thought we’d conquered the telemarketing pests when we moved to a private landline. But with VOIP the pests are back. We’ve been told by our IP there is presently no private number VOIP option. The best we can do at present is filter the calls via the answering machine. I know many just use their mobile, but there are reasons for us needing to continue with a home number, at least for the time being. Any suggestions by way keeping the pests away would be appreciated.

btw – The ‘Do Not Call Register’ is a waste of time.

Make sexually suggestive comments when they call and do a lot of deep breathing. Can't see too many wanting to call back after that.

The landline part of the story got me, people still use a landline?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
I do cause its free (part of the internet plan)
Mobile is on pay as you go

Trick is never answer everything goes to voice mail the voips dont leave messages.
I used to answer hands free they dont usually answer that either but its too time consuming.

Make sexually suggestive comments when they call and do a lot of deep breathing. Can't see too many wanting to call back after that.
Thanks for your helpful suggestion. Would work wonders with robo calls.:rolleyes:
The landline part of the story got me, people still use a landline?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Still around. We needed it for our ADSL connection.

I do cause its free (part of the internet plan)
Mobile is on pay as you go

Trick is never answer everything goes to voice mail the voips dont leave messages.
I used to answer hands free they dont usually answer that either but its too time consuming.
We've been letting calls go to the answering machine. Pisses my aging relatives off no end tho.

Disappointing you can't get a private line with VOIP. Can't see why not and it fixes the problem at the source.

Thanks for your helpful suggestion. Would work wonders with robo calls.:rolleyes:

Still around. We needed it for our ADSL connection.

Yeah we need one for our internet but dont have a landline phone - i remember years ago changing mobile plans and they asked for my home phone and i said i didnt have one - he looked at me weird. Be more the norm now i reckon.

What part of your initial post made reference to robo calls? Oddly enough if you don't provide all the details then responses may not align with what's happening.

some people will pay good money for that!

What part of your initial post made reference to robo calls? Oddly enough if you don't provide all the details then responses may not align with what's happening.
C’mon! A primary school kid knows robo calls are a significant part of the telemarketing landscape. You attempted a smartarse comment and fell flat – simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Landlines, answering machines and ADSL. What year is this?
You’re probably not acquainted with PCs either. Or that there are large parts of the country who aren’t connected to the NBN yet – 2nd rate as it is – and rely on an ADSL connection. Including businesses.

Don’t mind a fully functional VOIP as an option as I’m not overly keen on frying the brain cells with constant use of the mobile.

C’mon! A primary school kid knows robo calls are a significant part of the telemarketing landscape. You attempted a smartarse comment and fell flat – simple.

I worked for a tech startup where we had significant issues with people trying to hijack our VOIP services to make unwanted calls to people. When you join the rest of us in 2020 with mobile phones, decent internet and automated voicemail you'll appreciate it's still very much an ongoing issue with people calling. Maybe you should try writing to John Howard about it given that's era appropriate for your initial post.

I worked for a tech startup where we had significant issues with people trying to hijack our VOIP services to make unwanted calls to people. When you join the rest of us in 2020 with mobile phones, decent internet and automated voicemail you'll appreciate it's still very much an ongoing issue with people calling. Maybe you should try writing to John Howard about it given that's era appropriate for your initial post.
Perhaps next time you'll tell me something I don't know on the matter. Your input has been fascinating.

Get some inspiration from Jim Valentine, I've tried a few of his methods, they don't always work but when they do it's a funny conversation,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back