WA State Election, March 13, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate paying for quality journalism, and understand the rationale of it, but when posting links to it on BigFooty it means that a substantial amount of posters cannot easily access and read it, and I'd rather not make judgements purely based on the URL or headline. That's my beef - if you want to pay for AFR or the Australian, all power to you.
I told you how to get around the AFR paywall, most 8 year olds could work it out. Anyway the vast majority of the time I copy and paste at least some of the article. I've never linked anything to the Australian as I can't read it myself..

The Fin Review has been full of WA salt over the past week or so, I'm not keen on most of the "us against them" mantra, but it is still funny to read.

According to the Health Minister, it's not a crisis, according to the AMA, it is.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle but think both sides agree there is a problem getting enough staff due to COVID restrictions.

According to the Health Minister, it's not a crisis, according to the AMA, it is.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle but think both sides agree there is a problem getting enough staff due to COVID restrictions.

If this had happened a couple of weeks ago, Libs might've been able to get 3 or 4 seats.

I appreciate paying for quality journalism, and understand the rationale of it, but when posting links to it on BigFooty it means that a substantial amount of posters cannot easily access and read it, and I'd rather not make judgements purely based on the URL or headline.
The fact that a substantial number of posters on BigFooty are ignorant skinflints is not a good argument for reducing the quality or breadth of news posted for discussion

Paid news sites are highly accessible and I don't see why we should all pander to people who choose not to do so - they are free to scroll past it

The fact that a substantial number of posters on BigFooty are ignorant skinflints is not a good argument for reducing the quality or breadth of news posted for discussion

Paid news sites are highly accessible and I don't see why we should all pander to people who choose not to do so - they are free to scroll past it

Are we allowed to post ways to overcome paywalls on news sites?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty scary that something as mediocre as The Guardian is treated as some sort of 'ultimate' news source on here.

Yeah, but what competition does it have?

SMH/The Age are IMO a little better, but Newscorp in general sucks big hairy ones.

It used to be frowned on but I haven’t been a mod in a long time, so I’m not sure these days

pretty sure extracts are okay, so long as the original link is included

Thanks Chief.

What is BigFooty's policy on posting ways to circumvent pay walls on news sites?
I dunno. Sounds like something your conscience has to wear.

Governments need to reframe the debate.

Start talking about resource security and being independent from outside overseas markets.

Encourage electric cars and say it protects us from future oil prices and not relying on other countries. Discounts rego for hybrid and electric cars. All government cars to be with electric or hybrid or even gas.

Dont be anti coal but be pro renewables. Coal will die a death if renewables grow and the case for coal plants doesn't make economic sense.

Don't take on the fossil fuel industry directly because you lose.

If I was in WA politics I appealing to the anti outside attitudes and the message reduce petrol reduce control from the outsiders.

Unless we return to manufacturing our own cars again then we will rely on other countries. We have to take what they produce.

Yes.

My brother is a school principle and is having legal advise about the recent changes in Queensland.

In my workplace they have training regarding gender language especially. Before you say something I'm ok addressing anybody how want to be addressed. I don't like the 100 plus gender bs.

Recently in Victoria, trained mental health can't even explore

My workplace and my brothers school.

My workplace is strongly encouraging us to put our preferred pronouns in our email addresses, I asked if I could list campaigner, they said no, I asked why not, they said because it's offensive, I said I was offended that others could have their pronoun but I couldn't have mine. No answer.

1) how do you know who the trans women are to stop them?

Here are some trans women

View attachment 1083150View attachment 1083151View attachment 1083151View attachment 1083153

Here are some cis women

View attachment 1083157View attachment 1083158View attachment 1083159View attachment 1083160

2) im assuming that as you wish for trans women to use the mens toilets - you also want trans men to use the womens toilets.

View attachment 1083142View attachment 1083143View attachment 1083144View attachment 1083145

Are we going to appoint a toilet police?
Solution. All toilets unisex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back