Walker to spend two weeks in a moon boot

Remove this Banner Ad

I had Planta fasciitis when I was about 15 and had to go to an orthopaedic surgeon and he called it a strain of my arch.

He help me fix it, he had me do 2 different types of stretches.

I had to sit down on the floor and place my foot and heel across your knee. I then had to use my hand on the side affected by plantar fasciitis (arch) and then pull my toes back toward my shin until you feel a stretch in your arch. Run your thumb along your foot—you should feel tension. Hold for a count of 10.

Then stand against the wall and raise onto my tippy toes and then release with my feet flat on the floor to stretch my arch. I was required to do this 100 times a day. Up and down stretching my arch. I has to do this for about a month but it was about 25 years ago, so it could have been longer as your memory plays tricks on you.

I think they’ll front-end the inconvenience on this.

What I mean is, if he doesn’t rest properly and get this right now, it could plague him for the whole year. Better to get it right now, and if it means he misses the first month, so be it.

I had Planta fasciitis when I was about 15 and had to go to an orthopaedic surgeon and he called it a strain of my arch.

He help me fix it, he had me do 2 different types of stretches.

I had to sit down on the floor and place my foot and heel across your knee. I then had to use my hand on the side affected by plantar fasciitis (arch) and then pull my toes back toward my shin until you feel a stretch in your arch. Run your thumb along your foot—you should feel tension. Hold for a count of 10.

Then stand against the wall and raise onto my tippy toes and then release with my feet flat on the floor to stretch my arch. I was required to do this 100 times a day. Up and down stretching my arch. I has to do this for about a month but it was about 25 years ago, so it could have been longer as your memory plays tricks on you.
There are 2 stages in these kinds of injuries. First phase is for plain rest and to minimise movement. So this is the point of the Moon boot. When the pain settles, then that's the next phase of rehab where you do progressive exercises involving the sole.

You still persisting with JJ Kane?
Not many AFL forwards average 2 goals a game.

However, if JJ is any way carrying an injury, he must not play under any circumstances!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You still persisting with JJ Kane?

Yeah, a third best forward in the team that has kicked 106 goals in the last two years... just what are our selectors thinking leaving him in the side week to week!!...

With Tex injured, we kind of need JJ more for his big body presence with the contested marking. Who else do we have that can push and shove like JJ or Tex?

With Tex injured, we kind of need JJ more for his big body presence with the contested marking. Who else do we have that can push and shove like JJ or Tex?
Kicking goals isn't just about contested marking. Richmond showed everyone last year that they can score without contested marking.

Tex is more a lead up forward general rather than a contesting forward.

Gov is our best contested marking forward by a long way.

Kicking goals isn't just about contested marking. Richmond showed everyone last year that they can score without contested marking.

Gov is our only contested marking forward

Yes to all the above. I guess I was referring to the standing still and contested type marking, when forward and defender are pushing and shoving.
It adds variety and versatility to the forward line with big blokes and small blokes. JJ's value is the mismatch he can often create, with small defenders usually not strong enough to beat him in the air, and the bigger defenders not fast enough to chase him (which in my opinion is the main reason so many of his goals were the Joe Goosey types).

Yeah, a third best forward in the team that has kicked 106 goals in the last two years... just what are our selectors thinking leaving him in the side week to week!!...
Yet another who really doesn’t understand the workings of Aussie Rules.

I reckon if we don't see in round 2 then round 3 at Etihad would be an Out as well, making it Round round 4 at Home. the start a run of Games on softer decks. ie 6 Games Adelaide 1 SCG and 1 Traeger Park.

I am assuming Hard deck are not preferable for his type of Injury
No decks are preferable!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back