Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

To where?????

One of the glaring issues with the document in question, is the ability to dump the whole of Gaza into Egypt. The thing about Egypt fortifying their border further to the well-documented current extreme levels, is that the likes of you think they're doing that because they want to teach the dirty Israelis a lesson in solidarity with their Arab brothers, by "preventing genocide".

But the reality is that it's because the amount of terrorist attacks on the Sinai peninsula are off the chain horrible and Gaza has been the conduit for pretty much all of them!

You can argue until you're blue in the face about who exactly Hamas (or Isis or Brotherhood)/Gazans/Palestinians are and what differentiates them, but the fact remains that this tiny region is a ******* tinderbox of terrorism.

I don't want Egypt forced into a decision of 'opening up' the Sinai into a "tent city" that would make the Fyre Festival look luxurious, but I imagine they'll have an infinitely fiercer resistance to the rest of Australia's states opening up to Victoria in April 2020.

Then you think about one of the other claims in the "concept paper" that was obviously written by a moron, or Ben Gvir's work experience intern, which states "...the government requires intensive action to harness the United States and other countries to support this goal.". At which point did this brainiac think that the US, or 'the West' (including us) would have unlimited support? All of "the West" have given conditional support. And it has wained the more it has dragged on, because only an idiot would think that all that is required is just general support for Israel's actions. Thus, they could have just nuked Gaza with western support according to this "official paper". FMD!!

Egypt saw how the Palestinians destroyed a once thriving Lebanon by starting a Civil War in that country.

They don't want them to have that opportunity in their nation.

Egypt saw how the Palestinians destroyed a once thriving Lebanon by starting a Civil War in that country.

They don't want them to have that opportunity in their nation.

Ah yes, deep and insightful analysis from you as ever.

Make people stateless refugees living under oppression and they'll be problematic. Obviously the solution is to just genocide the people, not change the factors that result in people being oppressed and stateless.

I assume you'd have a similar approach in Alice Springs. Because that's working so well.

Ah yes, deep and insightful analysis from you as ever.

Make people stateless refugees living under oppression and they'll be problematic. Obviously the solution is to just genocide the people, not change the factors that result in people being oppressed and stateless.

I assume you'd have a similar approach in Alice Springs. Because that's working so well.

Ah yes, shallow and meaningless analysis from you as ever.

The Palestinians can only ever be viewed as victims and not trouble making agitators in other countries in your view obviously.

So tell us oh wise one, was Palestine justified in starting a bloody civil war in Lebanon?

Ah yes, shallow and meaningless analysis from you as ever.

The Palestinians can only ever be viewed as victims and not trouble making agitators in other countries in your view obviously.

So tell us oh wise one, was Palestine justified in starting a bloody civil war in Lebanon?

I see you managed to totally and utterly miss this part.

Shocked to be sitting here.

Unfortunately Hamas are on the side of the Russia/Iran/Belarus/Syria/North Korea axis of evil and those state actors want to tie up US military aid as much as possible.

There lies the real problem behind this war.

Interesting. How many times have the US vetoed a ceasefire prior to this?

The US could easily stop whats happening by not supplying all those weapons to Israel.

Interesting. How many times have the US vetoed a ceasefire prior to this?

The US could easily stop whats happening by not supplying all those weapons to Israel.

Without proposing an alternative sensible resolution?

0 times that I can find.

The difference here is Russia are not proposing an alternative resolution. All they can do is try and impose a unilateral ceasefire on Israel while allowing Hamas to keep hostages and continue its rocket attacks on civilians in Israel.

Majority of US military aid to Israel is defensive systems aimed to protect civilians. I can see why some have a problem with that.

The difference here is Russia are not proposing an alternative resolution. All they can do is try and impose a unilateral ceasefire on Israel while allowing Hamas to keep hostages and continue its rocket attacks on civilians in Israel.

Majority of US military aid to Israel is defensive systems aimed to protect civilians. I can see why some have a problem with that.

They're game playing, Russia doesn't want a ceasefire. If any of them on the veto were genuine and given holding hostages is a war crime, they would have voted for it contingent on Hamas releasing the remaining hostages.

Meanwhile, I'm reading the US has just pledged $3.3 billion in military aid to Israel.

No reasonable person can have an issue with US providing defensive weapons to protect Israeli civilians from Hamas rocket attacks.

That covers the vast majority of US military aid. Any remaining aid that contains offensive weapons should be curtailed and gradually reduced to none.

Nonsense. A couple months ago they had dropped 29,000 bombs on Gaza, it's much higher now.

How many rockets do you think Hamas have fired in the past 6 months?

No reasonable person can have an issue with US providing defensive weapons to protect Israeli civilians from Hamas rocket attacks.

That covers the vast majority of US military aid. Any remaining aid that contains offensive weapons should be curtailed and gradually reduced to none.
If USA pays for the "defensive weapons", don't you think that frees up Israeli money for the "offensive" ones?

Hamas then made any hostage release conditional on the release by Israel of Palestinians held in Israeli prisons.

The UN Security Council has called for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, after the US did not veto the measure in a shift from its previous position.

It also demanded the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said the resolution "must be implemented" to secure a ceasefire and the "immediate and unconditional release of all hostages".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Information is confusing.

KEY FACTS

Israel will reportedly release between 700 and 800 Palestinian prisoners as part of the deal, around 100 of whom are serving life sentences for killing Israelis.

In exchange for the prisoners, Hamas will reportedly release 40 of the Israeli hostages being held in Gaza.

The breakthrough, which has not been officially announced or confirmed by either party, came after CIA Director Bill Burns suggested a compromise for the number of prisoners to be swapped for each Israeli hostage at negotiations in Doha, Qatar, according to CNN, citing reporting from its analyst Barak Ravid that has been confirmed by an unnamed diplomatic source.

The exchange will “definitely include some” of the American hostages still held in Gaza, Ravid said, explaining that the agreement will include the release of men over the age of 50.
Hamas has yet to agree to the proposal and could take up to three days to respond, according to Ravid, who said it “takes a long time” communicating details from negotiators in Doha to decision maker Yahya Sinwar, Hamas’ leader, who is “in a bunker some 100 feet under the ground” somewhere in Gaza.
Should Hamas agree, CNN said the exchange is likely to have “multiple phases,” with Hamas suggesting the release of women, elderly, sick and wounded hostages first.

KEY FACTS

Israel will reportedly release between 700 and 800 Palestinian prisoners as part of the deal, around 100 of whom are serving life sentences for killing Israelis.

In exchange for the prisoners, Hamas will reportedly release 40 of the Israeli hostages being held in Gaza.

The breakthrough, which has not been officially announced or confirmed by either party, came after CIA Director Bill Burns suggested a compromise for the number of prisoners to be swapped for each Israeli hostage at negotiations in Doha, Qatar, according to CNN, citing reporting from its analyst Barak Ravid that has been confirmed by an unnamed diplomatic source.

The exchange will “definitely include some” of the American hostages still held in Gaza, Ravid said, explaining that the agreement will include the release of men over the age of 50.
Hamas has yet to agree to the proposal and could take up to three days to respond, according to Ravid, who said it “takes a long time” communicating details from negotiators in Doha to decision maker Yahya Sinwar, Hamas’ leader, who is “in a bunker some 100 feet under the ground” somewhere in Gaza.
Should Hamas agree, CNN said the exchange is likely to have “multiple phases,” with Hamas suggesting the release of women, elderly, sick and wounded hostages first.

I'm surprised Sinwar is in Gaza (if that is accurate).

KEY FACTS

It's awkwardly worded but sounds like it'll be; sick, wounded, women, elderly and men over 50, and at least some Americans that are being released.

Perhaps the 3 day communication turnaround is because Sinwar isn't actually in Gaza which would make more sense than a subterranean bunker that doesn't really seem to exist whenever Israel tells us they exist.

I'm surprised Sinwar is in Gaza (if that is accurate).
Yes, I heard that, seems more likely to me. Needs to keep up the faceade that he's in gaza or else the poor Gazans might not appreciate having the crap bombed out of them on a daily basis while their Dear Leader is safe and snug far, far away from Israeli war crimes.

Perhaps the 3 day communication turnaround is because Sinwar isn't actually in Gaza which would make more sense than a subterranean bunker that doesn't really seem to exist whenever Israel tells us they exist.
Oh, it exists. The IDF is busy constructing it as I type this!

Come on Owen, you can't be so blinded to believe the tunnels and bunkers are a fabrication.

Come on Owen, you can't be so blinded to believe the tunnels and bunkers are a fabrication.

I don't believe it's a fabrication, but I do believe the IDF have used a lot of creative license, like when they claimed Hamas had a HQ in the tunnels under a hospital (that Israel built) as justification for raiding the hospital. Then they found nothing in the tunnels (that they built) to suggest Hamas was there at all. The scale of the tunnels and bunkers doesn't seem to at all match what even the IDF propaganda team have managed to supply imagery of. It's a great excuse for the total and utter destruction of civilian infrastructure though.

A bunker 100 feet below the ground, that the IDF don't know about, that hasn't been raided or destroyed, seems a pretty remote possibility IMO.

I don't believe it's a fabrication, but I do believe the IDF have used a lot of creative license, like when they claimed Hamas had a HQ in the tunnels under a hospital (that Israel built) as justification for raiding the hospital. Then they found nothing in the tunnels (that they built) to suggest Hamas was there at all. The scale of the tunnels and bunkers doesn't seem to at all match what even the IDF propaganda team have managed to supply imagery of. It's a great excuse for the total and utter destruction of civilian infrastructure though.

A bunker 100 feet below the ground, that the IDF don't know about, that hasn't been raided or destroyed, seems a pretty remote possibility IMO.

Israel built a tunnel, Hamas added on to it. That's pretty basic and why wouldn't they?

If I wanted to hide from Israel as a civilian, that's where where I'd want to be, under the ground. If I was a fighter, I'd be up top.

Ghazi Horror Head Hamad actually said they built the tunnels for safety reasons for their military wing on Egyptian TV.

Remember when Israel tried to tell us that this is what the tunnels looked like?

Yeh I remember. Not quite what it was portrayed as but they're still there Ghost.

Did they find more on the second attack at Shifa? If they did, then I'll take a guess they left in the hope Hamas would go back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back