WCE or Melbourne, who would you prefer we play?

Who would you prefer we play in the 2018 Grand Final?

• The mob from the West

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Our Queen’s Birthday foes

Votes: 27 49.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like a kid who has woken up on Christmas morning hoping for a nice shiny new bicycle but have been given a bright red Ferrari instead.

Poll above

Right now I just want both sides to belt the s**t out of each other. WC talls worry me, but so does Melbourne's pace and run. WC without Darling and/or Kennedy would be ideal.

Leaning Melbourne.

Although we wouldn’t have home ground advantage, nor the bipartisan support, we have played and beaten them soundly during the year and they’re less equipped to exploit our major weakness in tall defenders.

Leaning towards west coast so we get the home ground advantage. Reckon that was the difference in the qualifying final. Whoever we play I hope we go in with underdog status but I doubt that will be the case after last nights performance

I voted Melbourne, purely for the joy it would give all those veteran Collingwood supporters who are over around 70 years old, who grew up with Melbourne being the arch enemy.

At this point I doubt it matters.

Melbourne would be better for the game, West Coast would be better for us.

I want revenge for 2 losses that should never have happened.

Either team is fine for me. If we lose then I won't know any supporters from any of those sides anyway

Melbourne is likely the more vulnerable to us and we should belt them.

Suspect West Coast wins easily today and they the tougher opponent.

Can't stand either of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like a kid who has woken up on Christmas morning hoping for a nice shiny new bicycle but have been given a bright red Ferrari instead.

Poll above
Have to say don't like how you've called Melb our queens birthday foes, I think they need a lesser moniker, like Dee Snow Bunnies, or some such

I would prefer Melbourne, the two times we’ve played WC they’ve been able to slow our ball movement through the middle making it hard for our forwards, and their tall forwards are a worry. As good as goldy was last time, Kennedy still managed 6 shots on goal.

Have to say don't like how you've called Melb our queens birthday foes, I think they need a lesser moniker, like Dee Snow Bunnies, or some such

It’s out of respect to the veteran Collingwood supporters who consider Melbourne to be our biggest rivals

We bring that same pressure and running game last night, l don't think we can be beaten. Grundy, Sidey, Pendles, Treloar, Adam's, Sier in the midfield, with Cox, WHE, Thomas, Mihocek, Stephenson and DeGoey up forward, it's alot to stop.....Goldsack has made a huge difference to our backline, what a story!!

As someone that had mentally prepared myself to be watching the GF remotely and not in danger of a heart attack for a two hr period I have to say I couldn’t really care less who it is!

With that out of the way both teams have their pros and cons for us as challengers (the Dees with their midfield strength and the Eagles with their offensive strength) and their individual narratives.

I think I will enter today’s contest thinking the Dees based on form and for some reason hoping WC because I think we did enough in the QF to suggest we had them. Perhaps I’ll leave it at I hope the temp nudges 35, it’s close all day and they belt the living suitcase out of each other!

It’s out of respect to the veteran Collingwood supporters who consider Melbourne to be our biggest rivals
Can’t argue with support for our old timers who rightly despise the deepoos

As someone that had mentally prepared myself to be watching the GF remotely and not in danger of a heart attack for a two hr period I have to say I couldn’t really care less who it is!

With that out of the way both teams have their pros and cons for us as challengers (the Dees with their midfield strength and the Eagles with their offensive strength) and their individual narratives.

I think I will enter today’s contest thinking the Dees based on form and for some reason hoping WC because I think we did enough in the QF to suggest we had them. Perhaps I’ll leave it at I hope the temp nudges 35, it’s close all day and they belt the living suitcase out of each other!
Let’s go with your last part.
Hot.
Belt each other up.

Perfect tenderising for us.

Melbourne because of the history with them and how big it would be. WC have had our measure the past 2 games due to our lack of key defenders so that’s a genuine concern as well. I think either of them will be difficult and a victory, if we get it, would be well and truly earned

I think if Melbourne make it they could have a dream run like Bulldogs and Richmond

I really think if West Coast win we will beat them by 8 goals.
It’s our dream run.

Their nightmare.

Back