Autopsy We ******* did it again Richmond 2019 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Take GWS's score. Double it. Now double it again. Their score has been quadrupled.

We still win by 14.

Take GWS's score. Convert all their behinds to goals. Now double it. They now have 100% accuracy and have had their score doubled.

We only lose by 6 points.

What a flogging.

#ViccoBias

How good was Dylan Grimes during the year, especially when the backline was depleted by injury?
Remember the Power match in round four, outstanding in defence, so consistent.
Six intercepts in the final quarter, for a narrow victory, we had been pummelled in the previous two matches.
It was a victory for the true believers.
Dylan took over the role of marshalling our defence, augmented by Vlaustin.

Last edited:

How good was Dylan Grimes during the year, especially when the backline was depleted by injury?
Six intercepts in the final quarter, for a narrow victory, we had been pummelled in the previous two matches.
The backline just doesn't have a weak link. And we had Baker playing there with his L plates on. I look forward to seeing how it shapes up in 2020. Will Stack play back there?

The backline just doesn't have a weak link. And we had Baker playing there with his L plates on. I look forward to seeing how it shapes up in 2020. Will Stack play back there?
I'm thinking yes even if it turns out not to be SS's best position in the long run.
Just think the backline needs a chop out and some help so as not be performing full bore in a long long season plus finals!...save something for the big dance..
I'm thinking the forwards are easier to cover for injuries than the backline...
I'm paranoid about injuries next year when the side is so close to B2B...smart player management please!

I just want the 2020 season to start already. The players we are getting back, getting preseasons into those that have missed out on them recently, Jack and Lynch getting to train together more and build that connection. There is no reason to think we won't have a good year next year.

Can barely contain my excitement.

I just want the 2020 season to start already. The players we are getting back, getting preseasons into those that have missed out on them recently, Jack and Lynch getting to train together more and build that connection. There is no reason to think we won't have a good year next year.

Can barely contain my excitement.
Lay back and enjoy it...what's the rush...it's going to happen and then you'll miss out on the wonderful journey...and basking in the wonderful afterglow... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it before many times and I never get sick of repeating myself...Dylan Grimes is the best one on one defender in the game.

Up there with the best I've seen.

Your so right! DGrimes last quarter efforts against Port is the stuff of Legends!
And arguably kept as all in the race for a top finishing position within the Final four and helped the then struggling RFC to go on and win the 2019 Grand Final!
I reckon that last quarter of his should be playing on a screen in the RFC foyer on a digital loop non-stop!
So generations never forget the actions of such a great Tiger defender!

Your so right! DGrimes last quarter efforts against Port is the stuff of Legends!
And arguably kept as all in the race for a top finishing position within the Final four and helped the then struggling RFC to go on and win the 2019 Grand Final!
I reckon that last quarter of his should be playing on a screen in the RFC foyer on a digital loop non-stop!
So generations never forget the actions of such a great Tiger defender!
Yes. We were pummelled in the two previous matches, thrashed by Collingwood.
Dylan stood up when it really mattered.
As Damien H says, it's not so much how you deal with success, it's how you deal with adversity, when the chips are down.
The test of character.

I'm thinking yes even if it turns out not to be SS's best position in the long run.
Just think the backline needs a chop out and some help so as not be performing full bore in a long long season plus finals!...save something for the big dance..
I'm thinking the forwards are easier to cover for injuries than the backline...
I'm paranoid about injuries next year when the side is so close to B2B...smart player management please!
I feel the back half is well covered. Rance & Stack's availability Egg looks ready. Kmac was playing defence in the VFL too. Then Balta, Garth at a pinch. Apart from the 666 set up after goals etc, we've got a lot of players rolling through the back half of the ground. During games Nank & Soldo get back and mark, Sheds ~ quite a bit this year, Brando used to. The load is being shared OK.
If we have a high injury toll season~our depth gets lots of games. Low injury toll, the best 28 are good enough.

I feel the back half is well covered. Rance & Stack's availability Egg looks ready. Kmac was playing defence in the VFL too. Then Balta, Garth at a pinch. Apart from the 666 set up after goals etc, we've got a lot of players rolling through the back half of the ground. During games Nank & Soldo get back and mark, Sheds ~ quite a bit this year, Brando used to. The load is being shared OK.
If we have a high injury toll season~our depth gets lots of games. Low injury toll, the best 28 are good enough.
As for Rance I'm thinking after his acl injury it will still take time for him to regain playing confidence in his leg, it may take the whole year...maybe not..
Who knows...I hope he slots straight back in and plays like he did in 2018! It's still a big ask!
Egg is still playing ressies...Balta a work in progress, Garth is ok in a pinch! Who knows where SStack will end up...and off course Nank and Soldo ought to help out defensively! All I'm saying I reckon our backline is terrific and hope they don't take the brunt of the work to get us into the Finals...cos their are no ready comparable replacements for them...I don't see it!

Just started reading though this, might go home and watch again now
1 ? - Where is the Cup on the main board next to the Richmond posts or does the salt run that deep?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back