Ben King
Jack Bytel
Sam Walsh
Jye Caldwell
Tarryn Thomas
Ian Hill
Zane Barzen
Connor Rozee

and even then I am leaving out blokes Smith, Jones, Hately, Collier-Dawkins to name a few that I think are absolute A graders.

Excuse my ingonrance, but how many of those are kpp?

If we miss Lynch on the back of another mid-table finish, do you think we'd be aggressive to get into the early part of this draft?

In regards to the matching concerns with GC if Lynch was to pick us, from memory Geelong didn't have to give up a huge amount more than the compo Adelaide had foregone?

Who would you trade out to try and upgrade our pick?

Excuse my ingonrance, but how many of those are kpp?
King x2, Lukosius, possibly Barzen.
Another name is Bailey Williams, but he’s seen more as a ruck so he’ll probably slide.

This is why a top 5 pick is important to get a top end KPP. If all are gone, I would be picking up Rozee.

Who
OK, Collingwood have been after Lynch for two years, but Richmond and Hawthorn are both in the game as well. It would be entirely Lynch's call as to where he would prefer to go. Let's see what happens.

My preference as a CHF if we get Lynch would be a Cloke-type c2010, ie a wide-ranging, hard-running, heavy-marking beast. Darcy is 203cm, 102kg, he isn't a skinny kid any longer, so I would certainly prefer him permanently at CHF, given free rein, told to run CHBs into to the ground as Cloke used to do.

I like the look of Brody Mihocek (25) as our CHB. he's a rookie, but we could upgrade him as we now have two players out for the season. Longer term, I like the look of Max Lynch, 200cm, too, but he is just 19 (birthday in August), so give him a year or two in the VFL and let's see what we have already on our books for CHB.

If that all works out, Reid at CHB now, move to Mihocek, then to Lynch in 2 or 3 years time.
Who’s out for the season?

I think he is going to Richmond and I think they know this. Just a feeling and honestly why wouldn't he choose Richmond .. we don't like it but they are a very good side and with him could win another flag.
And we could push into the top 8 or even top 4 next year with Lynch, our new tinkered game plan and better run with injuries. Hard to read TBH, that's me done posting about Lynch...enjoy this seasons ride ( hopefully ) and leave all this speculative crap until end of season....

Who would you trade out to try and upgrade our pick?
I was more wondering in general if people think the club may do that. I guess it depends where we finish as well. Personally I wouldn't go down path.

Moore not signing up would be terrible, but would give us some wriggle room at the trade table surely?

I was more wondering in general if people think the club may do that. I guess it depends where we finish as well. Personally I wouldn't go down path.

Moore not signing up would be terrible, but would give us some wriggle room at the trade table surely?

I'd love to upgrade our pick but the reality is that you'll need to offer up a pretty good player to entice a club to trade out a top 10 pick, even with our current 1st going back the other way.

I'd like to think Moore will re-sign but if he opts to move on then I'd be expecting a pro rata of the Lynch type deals being discussed, so a discount on 2x 1st round picks due to age and experience, on a sliding scale contingent on his destination clubs ladder position.

I'd love to upgrade our pick but the reality is that you'll need to offer up a pretty good player to entice a club to trade out a top 10 pick, even with our current 1st going back the other way.

I'd like to think Moore will re-sign but if he opts to move on then I'd be expecting a pro rata of the Lynch type deals being discussed, so a discount on 2x 1st round picks due to age and experience, on a sliding scale contingent on his destination clubs ladder position.
Reading that St Kilda are hovering on JDG too. First round material, if his situation with the club gets that dire? With a sweetner from us going the other way perhaps. I hope he stays though

Reading that St Kilda are hovering on JDG too. First round material, if his situation with the club gets that dire? With a sweetner from us going the other way perhaps. I hope he stays though
There is no way Moore is going anywhere. He bleeds Collingwood and would never leave (except to copy his dad and move to Melbourne maybe after a few flags/BLow).

I'm glad I started this thread a while back and interesting reading the comments since....BTW everyone, 'at all costs' means within our capacity, not a gazzillion dollars as someone sarcastically responded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we could offer to take Tom Boyd off the Western Bulldog's hands provided they were willing to pay half his wage for the remainder of his current contract. Given that he 's only in his fifth year and it takes most key position players up to five years to develop he might have a lot of upside.

Maybe we could offer to take Tom Boyd off the Western Bulldog's hands provided they were willing to pay half his wage for the remainder of his current contract. Given that he 's only in his fifth year and it takes most key position players up to five years to develop he might have a lot of upside.
Here what your saying but there is a vast cavern in talent between Lynch and Boyd. IMHO

I have been watching him closely for a while now, He is not worth as much as people go on about certainly not 2 first rounders and $1mil+ a year he does very little in more games than not. People say he has not been 100% fit over the past 2 years, which I don't know any slight injury he can carry into games for 2 years. He kicked 44 goals last year and is super slow putting no pressure on defenders which the game is all about now forward pressure.
As I started the thread, I had to do a re take when I read this view. Then I read it another 3 times to ensure I wasn't being rude with my response

Quote - "He does very little in more games than not". So was this observation in round 2 when he kicked 8 goals? Or was it last week when he kicked 3 of the teams 7? The first reason I picked him out as a potential trade to the pies was when I read an article where he stated he was a mad pie supporter. I immediately liked him. He probably no 2/3 behind Franklin as a key forward and that's in a bad side. He is an extremely smart forward and a dead eye kick for goal (something we haven't had for 10 years-remember Tarrant and Cloke)

he is ready made-I could see him kicking 60-80 goals with us and that's worth whatever is required to get him

There is no way Moore is going anywhere. He bleeds Collingwood and would never leave (except to copy his dad and move to Melbourne maybe after a few flags/BLow).

I'm glad I started this thread a while back and interesting reading the comments since....BTW everyone, 'at all costs' means within our capacity, not a gazzillion dollars as someone sarcastically responded.
I agree on Moore, just keeping an open mind to all options until that ink is dry on the contract!

Only the King brothers and Lukosius I think

and Barzen (last official height was 191cm as of may last year) but he is in the J.Rouhead (193cm) and Nick Reiwoldt (193cm) size KPF.

Here is a bit of a write up from footyprofit:

http://footyprophet.com/tac-cup-scouting-notes-gippsland-young-guns-fire-again/
MURRAY BUSHRANGERS
ZANE BARZEN | FWD | 29-10-00 | 191CM | 76KG
Zane Barzen again gave the impression that he will be very popular in the lead up to next year’s draft. The tall forward had an entertaining tussle with Xavier Duursma, and while only hitting the scoreboard twice, showed his full range of AFL attributes. Barzen is quick and agile for his size, and has a great leap, making him a very dangerous player inside 50. He provided one the highlights of the game with a magnificent speccy in the third quarter, and also slotted a beauty of a set shot around the body from the pocket. Still 16, a big one to watch for 2018.

Hugo Munn
is another KPP from Sturt @196cm played on Preuis vs North Melb and gave him some lip!

and Barzen (last official height was 191cm as of may last year) but he is in the J.Rouhead (193cm) and Nick Reiwoldt (193cm) size KPF.

Here is a bit of a write up from footyprofit:

http://footyprophet.com/tac-cup-scouting-notes-gippsland-young-guns-fire-again/
MURRAY BUSHRANGERS
ZANE BARZEN | FWD | 29-10-00 | 191CM | 76KG
Zane Barzen again gave the impression that he will be very popular in the lead up to next year’s draft. The tall forward had an entertaining tussle with Xavier Duursma, and while only hitting the scoreboard twice, showed his full range of AFL attributes. Barzen is quick and agile for his size, and has a great leap, making him a very dangerous player inside 50. He provided one the highlights of the game with a magnificent speccy in the third quarter, and also slotted a beauty of a set shot around the body from the pocket. Still 16, a big one to watch for 2018.

Cheers. Don't follow as close as you guys. Pace, agility and height an intoxicating mix.

I'd assume given the strength of this draft through to pick 30-35 there'd be other KPP prospects as well.

Cheers. Don't follow as close as you guys. I'd assume given the strength of this draft through to pick 30-35 there'd be other KPP prospects as well.

I only loosely follow it and will pay more attention to certain players who catch my eye then the entire draft like say Knightmare does.

Outside that I just do some reading research over many varied opinions, youtube clips, game day stats, some tac games, champs games etc.

Campbell, Snoop and KM all follow it much closer then I.

So if we lose both JDG & Moore, we potentially have 3 first round picks in a super draft, thinking boldly this wouldn’t be a bad move

Be brave Pies!

For those not agreeing, Moore will always be injure prone & JDG will self destruct again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if we lose both JDG & Moore, we potentially have 3 first round picks in a super draft, thinking boldly this wouldn’t be a bad move

Be brave Pies!

For those not agreeing, Moore will always be injure prone & JDG will self destruct again

I don't think it would be a good idea to actively trade them, but if our hands are tied and they seek to leave, then its a very good draft for us to be compensated in.

Personally I hope the club does it's utmost to sign both and should be priority before any discussions about Lynch.

Maybe this is where the Sloane rumours are coming from if we lose Degoey then getting a Sloan in makes sense for the short to medium term.

Be brave Pies!

You don’t know that Moore will always be injury prone. He’s still so young and his body is not yet fully developed to cope.

200cm players who can run, jump and kick are very rare. We can’t lose him. IMO, I would sign Moore over making a play for Lynch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back