Podcast Weekly North Melbourne Podcast: The Stern Look

Shinboner/Villian of the Week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good pod guys. A couple of quick thoughts on things you discussed:

Surely the canonical term to reference someone important and/or influential in a particular podcast is "Podfather".

Yeah I booed Grundy. Not with much gusto, but knocking one of our players out in that game clears the bar for boo-worthy, and even though I didn't think there was much malice in it, it was clearly pushing the limits of what we think is ok in tackling. Some Collingwood fans booed JZ and while I thought it was silly I wasn't outraged.

I don't think "I paid my money I can say what I want" extends as far as some people would like it to. It doesn't give you license to a barrage of foul language around kids, it doesn't give you the freedom to be racist of homophobic. But a bit of booing for specific acts or circumstances? Fine.

Ripping up $100 notes in the background is quite noisy.

I thought we were keeping my payment on the down low??

Seriously though, I think I figured it out. What Le Grille thought was paper was me scratching my beard.

The other noise was me getting a Jameson

Just a thought listening to this. Donald McDonald had to resign when Luke was drafted. Will John Blakey need to quit the swans if his son ends up there? Perhaps an avenue for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed in particular with the double thumbs up to Rohan Connolly & Mark Fine for their fascinating and very frank comments about certain examples of what they've regarded as poor journalism on AFL topics.

Have always been a rap for RoCo
myself - just like the way he goes about things and expresses himself. This recent episode just serves to confirm my views.

For those coming in late on this - do yourselves a favour and check out Episode 4 of the Footyology podcast (more so the second half).

Is it episode 3 or 4 of footyology that has the north to gold coast part?

4 mate! it's a real good segment (second half of the episode)

Listened to it. It was good. I did think it was written with hindsight though. There were probably good reasons caro thought the way she did. It is easy to look back now and think it was all hogwash, but that wasn't the case at the time. Probably everything Rohan said was true, but not quite as extreme as that. i.e. i am sure that "being right" played into it, but it wasn't like she was doing it in spite of not believing it, I am sure she genuinely thought it was the truth

Apologies in advance, this episode is the product of exhausted men

Back