Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't joke. Koch would 100% erect a monument of some sort to "OuR bEsT cOaCh EvEr"
Im ok with it, if only for the opportunity to tear it down re-enacting the fall of Saddam

There is something disturbing about what is going on at Alberton under koch!
Josh Carr is on the record as saying he will be seeking a senior coaches job.
I saw him say that on tv.
All of a sudden he pulls out of the Richmond job!
Stinkly is appointed the job at Port with a two year extension!
No mention of any handover plan to Josh after that.
This stinks imo as it leaves this prick in koch controlling all the moves with the potential to shaft at will J Carr.
I hope Carr is not setting himself up with this duplicitious prick in koch.as he is a guy who will in imo do well at the highest level.
So these control freaks are not only seeing outstanding players fall well short of the ultimate success but now they are reaming off field talent as well.

This stinks imo as it leaves this prick in koch controlling all the moves with the potential to shaft at will J Carr.
I hope Carr is not setting himself up with this duplicitious prick in koch.as he is a guy who will in imo do well at the highest level.
So these control freaks are not only seeing outstanding players fall well short of the ultimate success but now they are reaming off field talent as well.

If Simpson goes maybe they can all go back to Perth...

What's the bet the crows come calling if Nicks falls out of favour. It's happened before with Phil Walsh. Would not surprise at all

One thing in Carr's favour is he only has to wait 2 years, we have been wait 6 already + 2 more so I think he can handle it.
Like you say if Koch or Stinkley get up Carr's nose he could say f**k both of you i'm out of here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think and hope so too. Zak said on the news he'd love to play under Josh Carr. Interesting comment I thought.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would there be an internal agreement? What could be so difficult about simply not giving a 10-time loser a contract extension? Why wouldn't they have just announced the succession plan at the beginning of 2023, make it known publicly that Hinkley was moving to the bench to allow Carr to ease into his seat in the coaches box, and have a seamless transition? None of this makes any sense whatsoever.

I think and hope so too. Zak said on the news he'd love to play under Josh Carr. Interesting comment I thought.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m pretty sure the only people who would know of the agreement are Carr and Ken (and Richardson). Any more and you may as well tell the English speaking world. A secret agreement works only if it is secret.

Still think there's a succession plan in everything but the name. They've not called it that because they don't want Ken's ego bruised.

If they'd simply not extended his contract he'd be out of their hair and no longer their problem. I can't really buy this "walking on eggshells around Ken" stuff. It can't be that hard to just not extend his contract, unless they actually wanted him to stay...

Clinging on to the hope of an unofficial succession plan now is delusional. I wish you were right, but you aren't. Another couple of sixth placed finishes and Hinkley will be here again in 2026 and 2027.

Clinging on to the hope of an unofficial succession plan now is delusional. I wish you were right, but you aren't. Another couple of sixth placed finishes and Hinkley will be here again in 2026 and 2027.

The Gerard Whateley line of "It's Ken's job and he has every right to keep it" has seeped into the fabric of the club. The reality is, Ken Hinkley will step down when he, and only he, is good and ready.

If they'd simply not extended his contract he'd be out of their hair and no longer their problem. I can't really buy this "walking on eggshells around Ken" stuff. It can't be that hard to just not extend his contract, unless they actually wanted him to stay...

I know where you're coming from, I just don't think the succession plan went away because he was given an extension. It was originally reported at the beginning of the season, then mentioned again, then Carr pulled out of the Richmond pool, then Tredrea mentioned it again.
Once Ken was extended, they played it down. I still think it's in play, but the last couple of times they've been put in place (Malthouse/Buckley and Clarkson/Mitchell) it hasn't ended so well. My bunch is they don't want that kind of negative attention.

I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

Carr is the strategic coach in waiting Hinkley is the relationships/daddy figure. It's completely s**t but that's how they've created it.

Conversations have been had behind the scenes, there is no doubt about that. Josh has made a decision that is good for him and his family right now. IF a head coach job comes up that meets his needs, he no doubt has an out clause to leave Port immediately like all assistants do or at least should do . So those conversations have given him reason to stay.......just sayin

I know where you're coming from, I just don't think the succession plan went away because he was given an extension. It was originally reported at the beginning of the season, then mentioned again, then Carr pulled out of the Richmond pool, then Tredrea mentioned it again.
Once Ken was extended, they played it down. I still think it's in play, but the last couple of times they've been put in place (Malthouse/Buckley and Clarkson/Mitchell) it hasn't ended so well. My bunch is they don't want that kind of negative attention.

I could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me.

Carr is the strategic coach in waiting Hinkley is the relationships/daddy figure. It's completely s**t but that's how they've created it.
I have heard that Malthouse has been sounded out by Port on a succession plan and he responded with not to put a set time limit on it or it will fail.

Not sure where this came from but it may be true or complete bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back