Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I 100% think there's an internal agreement and I also think there's stuff written into the contracts of both staff that isn't being made public. Tredders had that rumour very close to the announcement. The rumour was 2 years with Ken coaching next year and then Carr as coach the next year with Ken as a "director of coaching" type role. I could easily see Ken demanding a condition be that it isn't made public. It would undermine his authority to a degree and would give credence to everything thats been said on this board by Tredders. I could also see Josh agreeing to it, as it doesn't do him any harm as long as the timelines are met etc. Might just be me hoping, but something certainly seems suspicious about a 2 year extension and JC agreeing so easily.

I 100% think there's an internal agreement and I also think there's stuff written into the contracts of both staff that isn't being made public. Tredders had that rumour very close to the announcement. The rumour was 2 years with Ken coaching next year and then Carr as coach the next year with Ken as a "director of coaching" type role. I could easily see Ken demanding a condition be that it isn't made public. It would undermine his authority to a degree and would give credence to everything thats been said on this board by Tredders. I could also see Josh agreeing to it, as it doesn't do him any harm as long as the timelines are met etc. Might just be me hoping, but something certainly seems suspicious about a 2 year extension and JC agreeing so easily.

Maybe Warren can come and learn about the club.

We know Tredders said that Hinkley was directly involved in convincing Carr to stay at Port. Obviously he and his family do prefer to stay in Adelaide, but he was being heavily courted and tempted by Richmond.

So what exactly did Hinkley say or do to turn Carr around, and to stay at Port? I am pretty sure that it was something along the lines of ... "I want 2 years to take this team to a GF/Premiership. After that, I am done, and will be calling it a day. Stay with us, and you will be the front-runner for the head coach possie."

Carr snubs Richmond, and stays at Port.

C'mon! Yous knows it is true!

We know Tredders said that Hinkley was directly involved in convincing Carr to stay at Port. Obviously he and his family do prefer to stay in Adelaide, but he was being heavily courted and tempted by Richmond.

So what exactly did Hinkley say or do to turn Carr around, and to stay at Port? I am pretty sure that it was something along the lines of ... "I want 2 years to take this team to a GF/Premiership. After that, I am done, and will be calling it a day. Stay with us, and you will be the front-runner for the head coach possie."

If Carr listened to and bought that empty promise then he's not a smart man and he's not the man I want as our next coach.

If Carr listened to and bought that empty promise then he's not a smart man and he's not the man I want as our next coach.
Much more to it than that.

• We know he really didnt want to relocate to Melbourne. The Richmond offer would have been enticing, but to leave after one year at Port ... So unsettling.
  • I am sure he believes he can be a major influence in taking Port to a GF over the next few years.
  • Then throw in the opportunity of taking over from Ken.

Looking at his situation with his young family settled and happy in Adelaide ... He has a great job, with an exciting young team ... Its the best option, and good on him.

How do we know Hinkley was directly involved in Carr staying? Because they say so? Hinkley is a pathological liar. Richo also as well as Koch.

The waters are always muddy down at the Ken Hinkley Footy Club nowadays.

The question is even though there is no real talk of a succession plan, is there one?

In Ken's presser, he alluded to it like the car salesmen he is, to that effect but I don't believe anything that comes out of the club and it is getting to the point where the double speak and lies and inherent contradictions and smearing over of things is just par for the course.

They really are a smarmy lot of oozy mediocrity and it is getting to the point where they are as unpopular as the rogues gallery of Nazis.

I guess I dunno and I kinda don't care.

I've put Carr down for a lot of innovation this year but the Hinkleyness of it all is creeping back into the nature of our game. It is all like soap opera and I don't know what the hell is going on. Fos would be turning in his grave.

He wont be here past 2025. I am 100% confident on that.
People have been saying this every year for the last 5 years and they've been proven wrong every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have been saying this every year for the last 5 years and they've been proven wrong every time.
If Koch is still on the board, chances are Hinkley gets another contract.

Koch doesn’t care about premierships, his definition of success is half decent crowds and winning more than 50% of our games.

If that means only making finals 1/3 years, that doesn’t matter. If we don’t win a final for 5 years, that doesn’t matter. Haha

Yeah during my bargaining stage of grief I tried to convince myself that Kenny had no other options so took a pay cut which enable Josh a bigger slice of the coaching budget...

Even went as far as trying to convince myself that he just wants to be around while Josh and the boys get the job done...

1692224295924.png

Definitely a succession plan happening, but they are using language to try and hide it because they probably don't want a Malthouse/Buckley type media circus.

It's like when Sam Mitchell was courted to return to Hawthorn and they initially tried to hide the fact it was part of a succession plan.

But this one probably reminds me the most of the Sheedy - Cameron succession where, Cameron was heavily courted by us but decided to be an assistant for the Giants for 1 year and then take over from Sheedy instead. Similar to the decision Carr was faced with.

Port in a year or two is probably a better option than Richmond right now, i think Richmond need to be rebuilt from the ground up, whereas Carr probably sees the Port list as much more attractive, its the club he loves in the city he wants to live in. Having a crack at Carr for accepting that is ridiculous.

Definitely a succession plan happening, but they are using language to try and hide it because they probably don't want a Malthouse/Buckley type media circus.

It's like when Sam Mitchell was courted to return to Hawthorn and they initially tried to hide the fact it was part of a succession plan.

But this one probably reminds me the most of the Sheedy - Cameron succession where, Cameron was heavily courted by us but decided to be an assistant for the Giants for 1 year and then take over from Sheedy instead. Similar to the decision Carr was faced with.

Port in a year or two is probably a better option than Richmond right now, i think Richmond need to be rebuilt from the ground up, whereas Carr probably sees the Port list as much more attractive, its the club he loves in the city he wants to live in. Having a crack at Carr for accepting that is ridiculous.
Falling for the same intentionally crafted rumour mill again is ridiculous.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Falling for the same intentionally crafted rumour mill again is ridiculous.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Aren't you falling for a rumour too - that it was intentionally crafted?

There is ample reason to believe that last year the club had envisioned not re-signing Hinkley, and so deliberately targeted Carr as a potential head-coach. The success of the side this year forced their hands (admittedly very weak ones!) in giving him the extension he wanted.

Carr wants to stay, something has been added to the mix to sway him from seeking the Richmond gig. I still think there is something in it.

If we do what we normally do and crumble in the finals and then don't go all the way next season.
I can't see Doughnuts lasting.
Then the club needs to do an Australian wide search for our next coach and not just hand it over to Carr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back