Coach Josh Carr - Midfield Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

So Josh Carr is amazing but not as amazing as Ken, but he'll take over Ken at some point because he's amazing. Right?

We know Tredders said that Hinkley was directly involved in convincing Carr to stay at Port. Obviously he and his family do prefer to stay in Adelaide, but he was being heavily courted and tempted by Richmond.

So what exactly did Hinkley say or do to turn Carr around, and to stay at Port? I am pretty sure that it was something along the lines of ... "I want 2 years to take this team to a GF/Premiership. After that, I am done, and will be calling it a day. Stay with us, and you will be the front-runner for the head coach possie."

Carr snubs Richmond, and stays at Port.

C'mon! Yous knows it is true!
Wouldn't convince me

Carr also spent his off-season searching to improve. After returning to Port Adelaide at the end of 2022 following a coaching stint at Fremantle, the 2004 premiership player used some of his break to travel to America as part of a small group with the AFL Coaches Association, visiting different universities and hearing from lecturers, coaches and psychologists.

Ruck race: Power trio to fight for No.1 spot

Lol. Imagine being Josh Carr. Premiership player, premiership coach at the second highest level, intelligent guy looking to improve himself as a coach - and you're stuck working underneath career loser and all round mediocre Daddy Donuts, with the Chairman refusing to formalise a succession plan.
Good chance he goes back to Freo as head coach if they have another bad season under Longmuir

Lol. Imagine being Josh Carr. Premiership player, premiership coach at the second highest level, intelligent guy looking to improve himself as a coach - and you're stuck working underneath career loser and all round mediocre Daddy Donuts, with the Chairman refusing to formalise a succession plan.
He wasn't stuck. He could have chased the Richmond job. He chose to stick around under Daddy Donuts for (at least) two more years instead. He's as big a loser as any of them.

He wasn't stuck. He could have chased the Richmond job. He chose to stick around under Daddy Donuts for (at least) two more years instead. He's as big a loser as any of them.
We have zero idea if they have some kind of succession plan in place for him or otherwise, how dare he show any kind of allegiance towards the club.

Calling it now, Josh Carr will be coaching Freo in 2025.

I like Carr my concern would be if he didn't feel ready to chase a top job as suggested he might not be the answer ever for us, he's had umpteen years of experience it's a standing still moment. I want someone desiring it not questioning themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Carr my concern would be if he didn't feel ready to chase a top job as suggested he might not be the answer ever for us, he's had umpteen years of experience it's a standing still moment. I want someone desiring it not questioning themselves.
I've heard Josh say in an interview that he does feel ready to take on a senior coach role. It's commendable that, despite that, he still knows he could get better and wants to listen and keep learning from other people.

Has this been verified? I heard it too but we know how many lies there are in the media protecting the cult.
From a few different sources. Then Carr said in interview that he pulled out of the race after a discussion with his wife/family. I doubt he would publicly say that he pulled out if it wasnt the case.

Sounds like he only just got back to SA and his wife didn't want to move again after being back for less than a year.
I wouldn't hold that against him.

From a few different sources.

What sources?

Then Carr said in interview that he pulled out of the race after a discussion with his wife/family. I doubt he would publicly say that he pulled out if it wasnt the case.

This happens all the time with coaching appointments so as not to needlessly damage reputations.

If daddy doughnuts keep up his track record.
The year after signing we slip down the ladder.
If the crows beat us twice again and we make the finals and go out with out a win
I could see Carr coaching in 2025.
However when we finally get rid of doughnuts I want the best available

Remove this Banner Ad

Back