Universal Love Welcome Curtly Hampton

Remove this Banner Ad

But with this board it will probably be:
Out: Whipping Boys
In: New Whipping Boys
Are we bringing in average players who underperform and continue to get picked? If that's the case I think you are on the money. I wonder if one of them will be delisted at the end of the season?

I really can't get excited about training videos, except for guys like B Crouch for just seeing him out there. How many of us have trained with guys who looked superb on the track but were plain ordinary on game day. Obviously these dudes have been weeded out by the time they get to this level, but it's still a highlight video of a training session.

Which role do you envisage for Hampton?
IMO Knight & Seedsman on both wings.

Smith & Hampton across half back & plus one (7th defender). Seedsman could rotate through those roles too and Smith & Hampton could rotate on wings.

I think the 3 (Smith, Seedsman, Hampton) are some what interchangeable and hopefully they all perform well enough to warrant selection, because we could do with their attributes (size, pace, agility, skill, run & carry).

Smith & Hampton across half back & plus one (7th defender). Seedsman could rotate through those roles too and Smith & Hampton could rotate on wings.

I think the 3 (Smith, Seedsman, Hampton) are some what interchangeable and hopefully they all perform well enough to warrant selection, because we could do with their attributes (size, pace, agility, skill, run & carry).
Unless they want a medium sized accountable defender in there too in which case Kelly might be competition for Hampton. I'd be happy for it to be a case by case scenario depending on the oppositions forward weapons.

So the only difference between those 3 and Dmac is size.

I really can't get excited about training videos, except for guys like B Crouch for just seeing him out there. How many of us have trained with guys who looked superb on the track but were plain ordinary on game day. Obviously these dudes have been weeded out by the time they get to this level, but it's still a highlight video of a training session.
I think that, given Hampton was restricted with initial pre season training, it's quite a positive to see he is at least with the main group now looking competitive.

This puts him in the frame for a NAB game and I think that's reason for a quiet thumbs up. And that's coming from an alleged negative nelly!!

Seed is surprisingly tall. 190cm, Brodie apparently 189, Curtly 187. DMack only 182.
We have added size & pace outside.

If 1 of seed or Hampton make it, we are well placed. If both do, exciting times on the outside...

watched his interview on afc.com

sounds like a really decent bloke, hopefully it clicks because he seems someone who would be a great role model in the future.
I agree .....can be a great future role model .....has a way to go to learn elite standards, but there's a heap of talent there .....i just hope we supporters don't crticize him too early as IMO it'll take a year to be indoctrinated to elite standard training and playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it, with Dmac and VB still on the list and likely to get first crack ahead of guys like Seedsman and Hampton, the whipping boy status is highly unlikely to require change.
Heard yesterday DMac is indeed in line to take over Dangerfields role ......has bulked up off season adding a 1kg ......noticeably brut looking yesterday & was easiliy brushing players off .....you had to be there to believe it :)

I agree .....can be a great future role model .....has a way to go to learn elite standards, but there's a heap of talent there .....i just hope we supporters don't crticize him too early as IMO it'll take a year to be indoctrinated to elite standard training and playing
it's a bit like getting a player from Richmond

The old Richmond 5 years ago .....maybe not the current Richmond, more like the current Carlton, who has Richmond well & truly covered
I'm not sure about that. they just have more talented players.

Looking forward to seeing how they go this year, in talent should be top 4, pon brittle meantal state could be bottom 8.

The old Richmond 5 years ago .....maybe not the current Richmond, more like the current Carlton, who has Richmond well & truly covered

I wonder how long it will take Carlton to turn around? They are a rabble atm, will the jockey be a good coach? What effect will the wada saga have on Essendon? If Carlton and Essendon both sit in the bottom 4 for a couple of years the AFL will be worried.

I'm not sure about that. they just have more talented players.

Looking forward to seeing how they go this year, in talent should be top 4, pon brittle meantal state could be bottom 8.
IMO no guarantee for top 8 .....treading water AP

I wonder how long it will take Carlton to turn around? They are a rabble atm, will the jockey be a good coach? What effect will the wada saga have on Essendon? If Carlton and Essendon both sit in the bottom 4 for a couple of years the AFL will be worried.
Carltoni expect to turn around over 3 years .....they have a sound list management strategy ...build spine and drafting much better talent than under previous regime ......coach unknown ATS, however if successful will have gone against all principles associated with a good coach

Essendon are stuffed .....lets talk 6-7 years at least to recover

Heard yesterday DMac is indeed in line to take over Dangerfields role ......has bulked up off season adding a 1kg ......noticeably brut looking yesterday & was easiliy brushing players off .....you had to be there to believe it :)

I think that's the genuinely happy emoticon, isn't it? Still. I would have thought that a mere 1kg would not do much to help brush players off and that Mackay would be the least likely to be bulked up to take the place of him who should not be mentioned? To quote McEnroe, "you can't be serious"!

I think that's the genuinely happy emoticon, isn't it? Still. I would have thought that a mere 1kg would not do much to help brush players off and that Mackay would be the least likely to be bulked up to take the place of him who should not be mentioned? To quote McEnroe, "you can't be serious"!
o_O you suggesting i might be STRETCHING THE TRUTH a little bit ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back