Universal Love Welcome Curtly Hampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Talks himself up a bit for my liking. Certainly hope he's right though.
Confidence in professional sport is a good thing... So long as you know your limitations.

I just googled the title and it worked.

Interesting that Hampton caught up with McLeod in June to talk about AFC. He was pretty convinced from then on.
Who wouldn't want to be mentored by macca & Eddie...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The article was good and refreshing to hear a more honest view from a player. He said if he has to prove himself in the SANFL he will, seems like he's got the perfect attitude really.

I googled "curtly Hampton" and it worked the first time, not the second.

Seems pretty confident in himself, most footy players tend to play the humble card alot, in this instance not Curtly.

His ability to play both inside and outside mid, fwd and def should give him a good chance at cracking the 22 should he show form in the 2s.

If he really starts firing as an inside mid I can't see CEY or Grigg getting many games omitting injury.

Hope he plays NAB 3 aswell as Menzel, just a chance to prove themselves.

Understand, but we don't normally hear that kind of overt confidence from players. Maybe I'm getting old.
I normally feel the same way when I hear a player raving on about how good he is. Some guys are over confident and it bring out a lot of arrogance. When I read Hamptons interview I didn't feel any of that. He simply believes in himself and whilst he feels he has more to offer he also talks about hopefully getting the opportunity. He knows he has to earn it. Some guys are so full of themselves that they expect to get opportunity.

I liked his interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Back